Author Topic: 2016 Arnold Classic Competitors List  (Read 16534 times)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: 2016 Arnold Classic Competitors List
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 04:11:03 AM »
Jose vs David reminds me a bit to Dorian vs Ronnie -> graininess vs roundness.
So far, both guys look ready, but anything could happen during that last critical week.

Good comparison! Except Ronnie had legs  ;D
But yeah, I see your point. My money is still on Jose though.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 01:34:57 PM »
The new hoster for the live webcast, http://webcasts.digitalmuscle.com/

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »
212 pics from prejudging:

Guy Cisternino:

John Meadows:

David Henry:

Jose Raymond:

Hidetada Yamagishi:

Charles Dixon:

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »
Looks like Hide has the lead after prejudging. The guy really pulled it together this time!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »
Meadows isn't known for the best structure, but his conditioning looks much better than the other 212 guys.

3. Hidetada
2. Jose
1. David

Grenache

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 01:48:14 AM »
Top 5 Under 212:

Hidetada's posing routine (1st):

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 05:31:41 PM »
Whatever I might think of his structure, Mountain Dog  has absolutely  mastered his diuretics... he is D R Y as a bone there...   :o
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 05:32:45 PM »
Meadows isn't known for the best structure, but his conditioning looks much better than the other 212 guys.

Oops just saw this - totally agree with you...
T

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 06:16:26 PM »
Very professional webcast. Excellent

The Arnold was always the best run show IMO. Everything was top notch and professional. They really took. CAre of the competitors

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »
Didn't see the show in person, but from all the pics I've seen on several different sites, I definitely would have placed John Meadows in the Top 5. I don't know what criteria the judges used but incredible conditioning couldn't have been one of them. Kudos to John for a great 1st pro showing.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 08:01:43 AM »
John looks great.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 09:15:59 AM »
LUCKY, I also did not see the contest, but here is an attempt to answer your " I don't know what criteria the judges used but...."
statement.

This could lead to a good number of arguments but the most simple answer is that "It's all a matter of comparison".

Each judge simply compares each contender to each other contender and makes a decision within his own mind as to whom is the best contender down to whom is the 'worst' and all the other contenders in between.

Then each of those individual 'decisions' are combined with the other judges' individual decision ...... and then 'combined together' in order to determine the overall winner.

It definitely gets a bit more complicated but that is the simple answer which some of the GetBig "judges" may or may not agree with.

I hope that WIGGS will butt in here and make a statement as I consider him to be a damn good 'test judge' based on his 'unofficial , who's gonna place where performance?'  as observed at the Cutler Desert Classic prejudging session a couple of weeks back.

Many years ago the actual 'computation process' in which the individual judges' decisions were used to determine the placing of each contender .... was  the one and only method that was unquestionably the best method possible.

A group of us 'know it alls' tried to improve it .... but found it impossible!

It appears that those who continue to 'question it' simply do not know how it's done ... so they continue to question it.

AMEN!

OH YEA! I also gotta state that many of us still want to judge a contest by comparing photographs which often appears 'valid' , but this only appears to be 'useful' at art exhibits during museum fund rising functions ...... and internet arguments related to political placings!

But ,,,, John photographs well which possibly refutes everything I mentioned above.

Maybe the sanctioning bodies will start a new division in which every judge will have a polaroid type camera and base their decisions by comparing the photographs.

But .... I think not!