Author Topic: Jeb: I'm Considering Breaking My GOP Loyalty Pledge if Trump's the Nominee  (Read 1295 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Jeb: I'm Considering Breaking My GOP Loyalty Pledge if Trump's the Nominee

These rumors started brewing last week, when Bush aides began whispering to reporters about the possibility that their candidate might publicly foreswear supporting Donald Trump as the GOP nominee. Then Jeb himself confirmed that his campaign had looked into the potential ramifications of trying to wriggle out of the party loyalty pledge he signed -- which he publicly affirmed in response to the very first question of the very first Republican debate in Cleveland. Remember this?

That was back before Trump finally agreed that he'd been "treated fairly" enough to sign the pledge, which he's since threatened to abandon, only to restate his firm commitment in the most recent debate. If you're displeased with Trump's latest stance on bolting the party, just wait five minutes. By declining to raise their hands when prompted by Fox New anchor Bret Baier, every other candidate on stage that night made a promise to voters: No matter who is nominated, they'd throw their backing behind his or her campaign, and would rule out an independent run.

townhall.com

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
Re: Jeb: I'm Considering Breaking My GOP Loyalty Pledge if Trump's the Nominee
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:12:46 PM »
I think that this is an attempt to be provocative. He is 3-4 months late if this is his new campaign approach.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »
oh, i think a LOT of top repubs, donors, candidates, and leaders will get together IF trump wins iowa, NH... and talk about how to mount a 3rd party run using all of the GOP resources. 

he teased an old woman in front of the world for being "disgusting" in the restroom.   The face of America.  unreal.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 01:10:41 AM »
Let's all agree that Jeb is totally useless. He's slow witted, unfunny and whiny.

He's the getbig equivalent of Donny.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 01:34:57 AM »
But
If trump wins nomination and the GOP either runs 3rd party or uses a brokered convention to screw trump.... Then jeb could be a safe party choice.  He has the family money, power and organization to run an effective campaign very fast.  A Rubio can't create all that jeb has, in 4-5 months. 

Jeb still very relevant because the party knows trump cannot win national election.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 07:29:51 PM »
Let's all agree that Jeb is totally useless. He's slow witted, unfunny and whiny.

This.

If a Trump candidacy means getting Neocons like Jeb to show themselves to the door, that's a good thing.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »
No amount of cash and backing will get Jeb in there if they are to continue acting like popular vote matters at all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »
No amount of cash and backing will get Jeb in there if they are to continue acting like popular vote matters at all.

BUT at a brokered convention where votes dont matter, but back door political deals do...

Jeb will promise VP or SCOTUS to Cruz, Rubio sec of state, Carson surgeon general, etc etc etc.  Make enough deals where he gets 51% of the convention delegates votes (they'll be released!) and Jeb wins.

NOBODY on that stage is beating jeb if it comes down to making a deal at a table for power.  Bushes are LEGENDARY at that stuff.  Trump underperformed massively with a huge inheritance.  :(

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
You go! Jeb!
be the rebel
w

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »
When I think of Jeb, the word Rebel never comes to my mind.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
NOBODY on that stage is beating jeb if it comes down to making a deal at a table for power.  Bushes are LEGENDARY at that stuff.  Trump underperformed massively with a huge inheritance.  :(

Today, Rush Limbaugh agreed with what I said last year.

If the convention is brokered, nobody is going to stop Jeb from taking the nomination. 

If Rush is right, then 240 is right!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Jeb has no voter support. In fact he's one of the only guys lame enough to lose against Hillary. Hmmm.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
But
If trump wins nomination and the GOP either runs 3rd party or uses a brokered convention to screw trump.... Then jeb could be a safe party choice.  He has the family money, power and organization to run an effective campaign very fast.  A Rubio can't create all that jeb has, in 4-5 months. 

Jeb still very relevant because the party knows trump cannot win national election.

You're wrong.  They're scared to death about Trump winning the election.  Something they thought wasn't a possibility.  But they'd rather throw this election and screw Trump than have Trump win.  They can spend 4 years rebuilding.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You're wrong.  They're scared to death about Trump winning the election.  Something they thought wasn't a possibility.  But they'd rather throw this election and screw Trump than have Trump win.  They can spend 4 years rebuilding.

Running jeb 3rd party essentially IS throwing the election.   but it means trump doesn't get it either.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Any third party puts another Clinton in office. GOP is stuck. They jettison Trump and he runs ala Perot. They don't and the party leadership is lost when Trump takes over the whole identity of the party.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Any third party puts another Clinton in office. GOP is stuck. They jettison Trump and he runs ala Perot. They don't and the party leadership is lost when Trump takes over the whole identity of the party.

I dont know that he would run 3rd party.

he gets booted at convention, he gets to be the hero.  he runs alone and he wins 22% of the vote, and then he's a loser in his own right.

although if the goal all along is to give it to hilary, then yeah...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
I'm torn on this. On one hand he stays in third party and Hillary gets the office. That equals Trump losing. He doesn't like to lose.

I would say he does something bigger than that. That's his style. Maybe assemble his entire cabinet beforehand and run as a team. He's not going to go out like TA's love of Bernie. He'll call for a revolution before he slinks away.