Author Topic: AM I RACIST?  (Read 6567 times)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
AM I RACIST?
« on: December 23, 2015, 12:19:58 PM »
So when i was flying back to Tampa from Cleveland after Thanksgiving i was sitting at my gate ready to board and one of the stand by passengers was of Arabic decent. He was waiting and waiting and i saw him getting upset and he was speaking to his buddy, also of Arabic decnt. So, they finally call him and his name was Muhammad!!!  WTF??  Now, we made safely but i was a liitle nervous!

Am I racist?

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Re: AM I RACIST?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
maybe he was upset because he had to sit next to a black guy on the plane? i'd be pissed if i had to fly next to someone hollering at the in flight movie whilst eating hot sauce drenched fried chicken

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »
Yes you are. So what

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:31:12 PM »
What if the arab looked like this?

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »

That i might not have a problem with   :o

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »
Of course you are. But this is besides the point. In your stated example, you felt prejudice. And it's a good thing.

I always pre-judge those of a Muslamic look. The possibility they're insane is almost 100 percent. After all, Moozies worship a murderous sky god and praise a homicidal, pedophilic "prophet".

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 12:39:56 PM »

oh sweet momma of hummus..

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »
I only let Dominicans cut my hair.

Am I racist?

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 12:44:42 PM »

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 12:45:14 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »
So when i was flying back to Tampa from Cleveland after Thanksgiving i was sitting at my gate ready to board and one of the stand by passengers was of Arabic decent. He was waiting and waiting and i saw him getting upset and he was speaking to his buddy, also of Arabic decnt. So, they finally call him and his name was Muhammad!!!  WTF??  Now, we made safely but i was a liitle nervous!

Am I racist?

I think the way youre posing the question is fundamentally flawed. Are you racist? Do you discriminate? Do you have biases? These all assert that someone is either racist/biased/discriminatory or they are not. Its a very "black and white" way of viewing racism. Instead, one should look at racism/biases/discrimination on a continuum, especially in terms of context. Context is everything!!

In the situation above, you may have reacted in a racist manner, but would you have reacted similarly in a different context? If you saw a muslim person walking down the street, would you have reacted the same way as you did in the airport setting? Probably not. Thus, in some contexts you may be racist, and in other contexts, you are not racist. Thus, its impossible to ask, "Am I racist," as if the answer is always going to be a strict dichotomy (yes or no).

So, I think the answer to your question is, "Yes, in some contexts I may be racist, and in other contexts, I am not racist." Again, its on a continuum.
X

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 12:49:48 PM »
Mike would hit that thick chick like tomorrow wasn't coming.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »

Oooohhhh....she can sit on my face!!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
Mike would hit that thick chick like tomorrow wasn't coming.

RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »
I think the way youre posing the question is fundamentally flawed. Are you racist? Do you discriminate? Do you have biases? These all assert that someone is either racist/biased/discriminatory or they are not. Its a very "black and white" way of viewing racism. Instead, one should look at racism/biases/discrimination on a continuum, especially in terms of context. Context is everything!!

In the situation above, you may have reacted in a racist manner, but would you have reacted similarly in a different context? If you saw a muslim person walking down the street, would you have reacted the same way as you did in the airport setting? Probably not. Thus, in some contexts you may be racist, and in other contexts, you are not racist. Thus, its impossible to ask, "Am I racist," as if the answer is always going to be a strict dichotomy (yes or no).

So, I think the answer to your question is, "Yes, in some contexts I may be racist, and in other contexts, I am not racist." Again, its on a continuum.

I dont discriminate at all. Prejudge, yes. We all do. When i see a white dude in a camo hat, jeans and boots i assume he is a hillbilly. I dont hate arabs but black folks dont blow shit up. White boys shoot schools up.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 01:00:36 PM »
I dont discriminate at all. Prejudge, yes. We all do. When i see a white dude in a camo hat, jeans and boots i assume he is a hillbilly. I dont hate arabs but black folks dont blow shit up. White boys shoot schools up.

You totally missed the point of my post. Again, whatever word you want to use (bias, racism, discrimination, prejudge), it's all about a continuum. Every time you see a Muslim, do you think they are going to blow something up? Or is it only in certain contexts (at the airport)? Every time you see a white boy walking down the street, do you think they are going to shoot up a school? Or is it only when certain factors are observed?  I think if you really reflected on your self, you would realize that even your prejudgments are determined by the context and its hardly "black and white."
X

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »
RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No homo here but you are my hero.  ;D

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 01:02:55 PM »

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 01:06:32 PM »
You totally missed the point of my post. Again, whatever word you want to use (bias, racism, discrimination, prejudge), it's all about a continuum. Every time you see a Muslim, do you think they are going to blow something up? Or is it only in certain contexts (at the airport)? Every time you see a white boy walking down the street, do you think they are going to shoot up a school? Or is it only when certain factors are observed?  I think if you really reflected on your self, you would realize that even your prejudgments are determined by the context and its hardly "black and white."

When i see young arab men at the airport i do get a little nervous and i feel bad for that.

Bro im going to re read this when im stoned bc you got deep! Good shit! I write better and im able to express myself when im stoned

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 01:17:53 PM »

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
Racism dosent count against filthy pakis

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »

Where do all these hot arab girls live?  DAMN SON

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
When i see young arab men at the airport i do get a little nervous and i feel bad for that.

Bro im going to re read this when im stoned bc you got deep! Good shit! I write better and im able to express myself when im stoned

Well, okay then.  :D :D :D
X

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 01:26:52 PM »
Where do all these hot arab girls live?  DAMN SON

Probably in America!