Author Topic: Need Advice  (Read 1591 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Need Advice
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:12:49 AM »
  ??? Let me first say that there is a wealth of information in this board and I have started to learn a great deal.  However, since I can't read every post in every thread, I need some "tailored" advice.  I am 30 years old, 5'7" and weigh 250 pounds.  It would be great if it were mucle but it's not.  I need to lose a lot of weight and have joined a gym and am eating better.  However once I start to lose some weight, I would like to gain muscle as I am weak.  I know there are cutting agents like Clen that help to lose weight, and Test to bulk up.  My issue is that I am a diabetic and I use both short acting and long acting insulin.  I would like to know what a good cycle would be so that I can lose body fat and gain muscle mass.  I am posting a similar question shortly for exercise advise.  I know that there are risks with everything, which is why i am asking for your opinions.  Like i said i take insulin as well as another oral diabetes med.  Please let me know what you think would work best for me.  Thanks.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »
  ??? Let me first say that there is a wealth of information in this board and I have started to learn a great deal.  However, since I can't read every post in every thread, I need some "tailored" advice.  I am 30 years old, 5'7" and weigh 250 pounds.  It would be great if it were mucle but it's not.  I need to lose a lot of weight and have joined a gym and am eating better.  However once I start to lose some weight, I would like to gain muscle as I am weak.  I know there are cutting agents like Clen that help to lose weight, and Test to bulk up.  My issue is that I am a diabetic and I use both short acting and long acting insulin.  I would like to know what a good cycle would be so that I can lose body fat and gain muscle mass.  I am posting a similar question shortly for exercise advise.  I know that there are risks with everything, which is why i am asking for your opinions.  Like i said i take insulin as well as another oral diabetes med.  Please let me know what you think would work best for me.  Thanks.

You being diabetic really fu.cks up the rotation, bro.

I would say you need to focus on the basics of cleaning up your diet and getting in a regular exercise cycle before you consider AAS.  It would serve you to lose most of the weight before you cycle.  Get your BF% checked to see where you are at and go from there.  Being diabetic, you should have a grasp on what you should be eating and what you need to stay away from.

Come back when you are ready.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Bypass

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 04:09:05 PM »
I agree with DIV, I having been someone who was over 400 lbs, at 6'4, AAS would have been a waste of time, plus the cutting compounds would have put undo stress on my heart that my obesity was already causing. I would say, in my humble opinion, as I am no expert, eat right, exercise, lots of cardio and water. By losing the weight and increasing your lean muscle mass it will excelerate your metabolism, also, once your weight is in a more healthy range, you may find that your diabetes comes into check a little more. I personally wish you the best of luck with all of this, don't get frustrated, take it a day at a time, it's not where you start it's where you finish, and at 30 you have a long time to go. Don't take a short cut now that could cost you years off your life later.

SubcultureS10

• Getbig II
  • Gear: Isn't for the faint of hearts.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 04:13:05 PM »
I agree with DIV, I having been someone who was over 400 lbs, at 6'4, AAS would have been a waste of time, plus the cutting compounds would have put undo stress on my heart that my obesity was already causing. I would say, in my humble opinion, as I am no expert, eat right, exercise, lots of cardio and water. By losing the weight and increasing your lean muscle mass it will excelerate your metabolism, also, once your weight is in a more healthy range, you may find that your diabetes comes into check a little more. I personally wish you the best of luck with all of this, don't get frustrated, take it a day at a time, it's not where you start it's where you finish, and at 30 you have a long time to go. Don't take a short cut now that could cost you years off your life later.

Amen.....Diabetes is a strike against you in the first place, but tear up the cardio & really focus on your eatting habits in which i'm sure you do already! And you'll be very happy with the out-come! Train train train, & then come back.

Good day.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 06:20:11 PM »
Thanks fo rthe advice.  I pretty much figured that I would have to put my dues in before doing any AAS.  I was figuring that after the first 50 pounds it would be a good time to try supplementing the effort.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »
Thanks fo rthe advice.  I pretty much figured that I would have to put my dues in before doing any AAS.  I was figuring that after the first 50 pounds it would be a good time to try supplementing the effort.
Don't get stuck in the mind set that a certain amount of weight is what you need to lose before you start cycling AAS. Worry more about getting your bf% lower and at a more comfortable level. You may reach your goal of 50lbs lost but that does not mean your bf will be at a low enough and comfortable enough and at a safe enough position to start a cycle.

As far as being diabetic, you are going to have to put a lot more time into research before you start a cycle. I always recommend large amounts of research for anyone before they begin cycling, but in your case I would spend every waking minute I had studying up before I touched anything. Once you begin AAS and are ready, in your position I would have a doc keep an eye on me regularly. It is going to be hard to find a doc that will approve of AAS in the first place, but you’re not going to go to jail for confiding in your doctor, and it would seem to me just a safe precaution to take.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »
Great point!  I was wondering how to include my doctor into all this.  For one it seems like so many only now of the "bad effects" and don't understand the other benefits.  What, in your opinion, is a good BF% to begin considering a cycle.  Let's assume that the diabetes is in good control at that point, etc.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 02:51:18 PM »
Great point!  I was wondering how to include my doctor into all this.  For one it seems like so many only now of the "bad effects" and don't understand the other benefits.  What, in your opinion, is a good BF% to begin considering a cycle.  Let's assume that the diabetes is in good control at that point, etc.
I'd like to see you get to the 10%-12% range before cycling.

Another useful tool is going to be your mirror. Look yourself over, if you get to a lower bf% but you are still carrying a substantial amount of fat in the mid-section (abs, lower-back) which is the most common place men carry fat, you might hold off even longer until your bf is slightly lower.

Getting to the point where you are ready to start using AAS is going to take an extreme amount of work and discipline on your part, but if you stick to the plan once you begin your AAS regiment it will be more successful, as well as pleasing.