Author Topic: Whey related headache  (Read 1953 times)

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
Whey related headache
« on: March 09, 2006, 10:08:52 AM »
I've noticed that even a mild consumption of beer following (even a few hours after...) using whey produces a nasty eyeball headache.  Of course I've avoided doing this since the discovery, but recently I've experienced the same headache after using some Hershey's syrup in whey/water.  I use standard Jarrow unflavored whey, which otherwise fits the bill nicely.  Can anyone offer any enlightenment on this?  I would very much appreciate it.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
Re: Whey related headache
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 09:34:55 AM »
LOL. Sorry.  I thought this was a bodybuilding board - not just another bullshit extension of the magazines, complete with talk of the same trash 'supplements', etc.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 10:42:10 AM »
i wanted to reply to this threat but i've never really gotten a headache after whey protein...if it was a big problem for me..i'd either switch brands of protien or stop with the beer...i donno? I know that whenever i have a headache an advil liquid gel and a nap takes care of it and im good to train.
bodybuildersreality.com

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:47:03 PM »
Thank you for the response, Jr. Yates.  I guess this isn't a widespread problem.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »
Sorry Don, I've never heard of such a thing.

If your eyeball headache accompanies sensitivity to light, it could be something else that's the culprit. I would see an ophthalmologist if I were you.
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 06:55:33 AM »
i wanted to reply to this threat but i've never really gotten a headache after whey protein...if it was a big problem for me..i'd either switch brands of protien or stop with the beer...i donno? I know that whenever i have a headache an advil liquid gel and a nap takes care of it and im good to train.

The only time I've ever had a headache after consuming whey protein is when I've used one of the more "exotic" flavors of NITRO-TECH (Orange Creme, Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl, etc). That may partially explain why those versions have been marked down to as little as $5 for a Trial-size mini-jug.