Author Topic: Unrealistic standards of the bodybuilding/fitness world and getbig degrade men  (Read 14218 times)

Waller

• Getbig IV
Lots of people showing method up in this thread.

August 6th.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Looking good, CF!

bigmc

• Getbig V
That's the look i've always tried to emulate. I'd like to be bigger, but i have no interest in shovelling down food or juicing in order to do it. I'm going to work a lot more on traditional strength training this year, but running, swimming and boxing are thing's i'll always enjoy doing too, so i have to accept a certain amount of size loss.

looking decent

tattoos aren't the best  :D
T

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
That's the look i've always tried to emulate. I'd like to be bigger, but i have no interest in shovelling down food or juicing in order to do it. I'm going to work a lot more on traditional strength training this year, but running, swimming and boxing are thing's i'll always enjoy doing too, so i have to accept a certain amount of size loss.
do you have a nelson mandela quote tattooed on the side of your torso?

bigmc

• Getbig V
Thanks, I've got some horrendous tatts...even worse than yours  ;D

It's a Navy_Mike portrait with  #mypersonalhell quote in block capitals

I feel your pain
T

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Unfiltered opinion?

He was great by the standards of that time.

Every time we see someone praising Sandow... it's always someone with bad genetics and unable to build what would be considered a great physique (naturally) by today's standard and/or some racist quarterwit subtly longing for the old days when a white guy was the ideal and not some massive mofo like Ronnie Coleman.

People can work their asses off and simply have below average genetics, poor diet, flawed approach, or simply didn't get the right help. OP, for example, has allegedly been training 8 years and can't post a progress pic without another 6 months to prepare. If that's true, he should probably take up swimming, running, or some other endeavor related to fitness and health.

I've never once seen an impressive or above average pic posted by someone worshipping Sandow. Yes, I've seen lean guys with good condition.

I'm guessing what passed for bodybuilding back then didn't include blacks. Just sayin'. :)
Exactly. It's a backdoor way of doing what you said.
Today, there are men and women, who are natural---of all races who are in better shape than Sandow. I've met Africans, Asians, and Euros and all they did was bodyweight exercises, and they put Sandow to shame.
It's not unrealistic to have a good phyisque, or one better than Sandow. It IS unrealistic to think that you can have one like prime Ronnie or Dorian without drugs.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
I know several natties in my gym that blow Sandow away. He was great for his time though and for someone with similar genetics to me, is probably as good as it gets.

Parker

• Getbig V
I know several natties in my gym that blow Sandow away. He was great for his time though and for someone with similar genetics to me, is probably as good as it gets.
I think Sandow with today's equipment, and with different bodyweight exercises would look better than he did back then. Take a look at his chest vs his arms. Flat chest, decent arms, this shows something lacking in his training when it came to training his chest.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
I think Sandow with today's equipment, and with different bodyweight exercises would look better than he did back then. Take a look at his chest vs his arms. Flat chest, decent arms, this shows something lacking in his training when it came to training his chest.

I'm not sure what Sandow's routine looked like, but I'd be willing to guess it would be closer to a modern day weightlifter routine than a BB one. I agree that he could have looked better than he did if he lived now but I also do feel he was close to his genetic limit in most of his pics.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth

Good build CF. What are your stats?

Parker

• Getbig V
I'm not sure what Sandow's routine looked like, but I'd be willing to guess it would be closer to a modern day weightlifter routine than a BB one. I agree that he could have looked better than he did if he lived now but I also do feel he was close to his genetic limit in most of his pics.
probably. I don't think that back then that they knew about different hand positions for push ups, dips. And different foot positions for squats.

Waller

• Getbig IV
probably. I don't think that back then that they knew about different hand positions for push ups, dips. And different foot positions for squats.

Nor had the anabolic window been discovered.

Parker

• Getbig V
Nor had the anabolic window been discovered.
As pasty as Sandow was, I don't think they discovered the virtues of sunlight and vitamin D, either.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Whole foods with no additives back then.