Author Topic: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?  (Read 53670 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:32:20 AM »
Is the bodybuilding and fitness lifestyle really healthy? Do calorie restrictions and sub 10% bodyfat levels, really promote wellness as a human being? Remember, we are still mammals. Our metabolisms were designed to carry some "safety fat", in case of starvation. Obviously, I do not advocate being a fat ass, because that also isn't healthy. 

This thread is about the guys/gals who take fitness to the extreme. Sorry, but it isn't any healthier than being obese, they are just on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I have been sick the most, when I have been at my leanest. Having a reasonable amount of fat on your body is healthy.

Of course that goes against what most fitness/bodybuilders strive for.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:33:11 AM »
No it`s fine if you want to look like shit for the rest of your life.

Safety Fat Of Peace

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 05:35:53 AM »
No it`s fine if you want to look like shit for the rest of your life.

Safety Fat Of Peace
I am going by biology, Wes. Humans were not meant to deplete fat stores to such dangerous levels. It ruins your metabolism and your immune system, which allows you to become sick much easier.

Leanness/aesthetics do not equal health.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 05:37:41 AM »
You'll get laid more. Majority of women are in that attractiveness range as opposed to looking really good.

DanzigBrah

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 05:38:56 AM »
Lee Haney says we should always stay just a week away from contest condition.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 05:39:07 AM »
It's worse than death.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 05:40:39 AM »
Bodies are vehicles of the soul. If you want to make life's spiritual journey fat and unhealthy, it's your choice.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 05:41:55 AM »
You'll get laid more. Majority of women are in that attractiveness range as opposed to looking really good.
That seems to be a theme.......So should looks and attractiveness to others, outweigh overall health?

It's not healthy to be very lean. I bet most people got sick more often during contest prep, than in the offseason.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 05:45:47 AM »
That seems to be a theme.......So should looks and attractiveness to others, outweigh overall health?

It's not healthy to be very lean. I bet most people got sick more often during contest prep, than in the offseason.

Take almost any manual worker from the 1920's, living  on 3 square meals per day and just see how much 'safety' fat they have

Take a tribesman living in a tropical jungle and check his 'safety' fat

Your just a fat lazy cun.t, sooner you come to terms with this the better

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 05:46:13 AM »
Bodies are vehicles of the soul. If you want to make life's spiritual journey fat and unhealthy, it's your choice.
That's precisely part of my point. You don't have to be 8% bodyfat, with abs to be healthy. In fact, I would argue that a guy who carries 15-20% bodyfat (assuming they both live otherwise healthy lifestyles) would have the healthier metabolism.

Looks are obviously another subject.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 05:50:33 AM »
Take almost any manual worker from the 1920's, living  on 3 square meals per day and just see how much 'safety' fat they have

Take a tribesman living in a tropical jungle and check his 'safety' fat

Your just a fat lazy cun.t, sooner you come to terms with this the better
Lol, we are talking about modern times and first world civilizations here. You guys need to learn reading comprehension.

Having single digit bodyfat may be desirable for aesthetic purposes, but it isn't healthier than a normal male with a dad bod.

In no way did I say that being excessively fat and lazy was healthy.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 05:53:06 AM »
Lol, we are talking about modern times and first world civilizations here. You guys need to learn reading comprehension.

Having single digit bodyfat may be desirable for aesthetic purposes, but it isn't healthier than a normal male with a dad bod.

having the sedentary office lifestyle that most westerens have today is unhealthy. To have a long and healthy life without lifestyle diseases, back problem etc. most people should do some sports of fitness activity. Having 3% bodyfat is of course not to be desired, from a health perspective.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 05:54:43 AM »
This is the type of "healthy fat stores" I am talking about. Assuming he is otherwise normal, this guy's physique is healthier for the body, than someone who is doing god knows what to get into the single digits in bodyfat.

So does it become an exercise of health and wellness, or simply pushing the body's boundaries for vanity reasons?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 05:56:44 AM »
Hope this helps

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 05:56:59 AM »
This is the type of "healthy fat stores" I am talking about. Assuming he is otherwise normal, this guy's physique is healthier for the body, than someone who is doing god knows what to get into the single digits in bodyfat.

So does it become an exercise of health and wellness, or simply pushing the body's boundaries for vanity reasons?

Wider than....

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 06:02:43 AM »

What your failing to comprehend is the human body was meant for daily manual work, combined with a normal diet.... If you live by this ethos you will be relatively lean, only the modern sedentary estrogenised 'male' such as your self will sport saggy tits and pear shaped proportions

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 06:04:02 AM »
The problem with maintaining at this type of dad bod point is that it's too close to being a bloated fat ass slob and too easy to slip over to there.

Life will always give you ups and downs, and stress.  This will cause you to train less and or eat more.  Then all of a sudden you will be looking at 18-25 percent body fat after a 3 month period and trying to dig your way out of that hole.  Most people do not come back from being a fat ass and then it's over for them.

Life is a choice son, you can be the envy of other men or not, you can be strong or not.  Do what you want, but accept that.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 06:05:23 AM »

Perfect bf-levels from a health-standpoint are 14-18 %. Nothing new about that.

The human body is not meant to be in the "single digits", never was. Most professional atheltes (ATHLETES, not bodybuilders lol) aren't in the single digits.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 06:07:42 AM »
The problem with maintaining at this type of dad bod point is that it's too close to being a bloated fat ass slob and too easy to slip over to there.

Life will always give you ups and downs, and stress.  This will cause you to train less and or eat more.  Then all of a sudden you will be looking at 18-25 percent body fat after a 3 month period and trying to dig your way out of that hole.  Most people do not come back from being a fat ass and then it's over for them.

Life is a choice son, you can be the envy of other men or not, you can be strong or not.  Do what you want, but accept that.

QFT

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 06:15:18 AM »
Perfect bf-levels from a health-standpoint are 14-18 %. Nothing new about that.

The human body is not meant to be in the "single digits", never was. Most professional atheltes (ATHLETES, not bodybuilders lol) aren't in the single digits.
Thanks for supporting the point of my thread. People admire the incredibly muscular, hyper-ripped physiques, yet they don't seem to realize that getting to that level of conditioning is the opposite of being healthy. At that point, your body is more susceptible to sickness than ever. It could very well be the epitome of the phrase: Looks can be deceiving.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 06:17:38 AM »
Stop making excuses, this shit is some of the worst bro science I've ever read.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 06:18:31 AM »
Thanks for supporting the point of my thread. People admire the incredibly muscular, hyper-ripped physiques, yet they don't seem to realize that getting to that level of conditioning is the opposite of being healthy. At that point, your body is more susceptible to sickness than ever. It could very well be the epitome of the phrase: Looks can be deceiving.

Once you spill over 25% you are susceptible to all kinds of other issues: metabolic syndrome, the beetus, heart disease, the never-ever-get-laid syndrome.

Once you've experienced hottie that can't get enough of your physique, you will realize what it's all about.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 06:22:13 AM »
Stop making excuses, this shit is some of the worst bro science I've ever read.
Excuses for what? Where did I say that it wasn't healthy to eat right and exercise?

I am stating that extreme leanness isn't healthy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 06:24:17 AM »
Once you spill over 25% you are susceptible to all kinds of other issues: metabolic syndrome, the beetus, heart disease, the never-ever-get-laid syndrome.

Once you've experienced hottie that can't get enough of your physique, you will realize what it's all about.
I do not believe you are under 10% bodyfat, correct? This applies to bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who try to remain in the single digits for long periods of time. Bet that you will find that many of them get sick quite often.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:42 AM »
Dicaprio sporting a healthy dad bod.