Author Topic: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?  (Read 54329 times)

Waller

• Getbig IV
Re: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?
« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »
Something you got from a legit source or opinion?

Everything I've read about excess abdominal fat in men is contrary to what you've posted.

Just his own mirror.

This threads primary purpose appears to be 'fat enabling' for Shizzo
 Or just plain trolling.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
Something you got from a legit source or opinion?

Everything I've read about excess abdominal fat in men is contrary to what you've posted.
Excess abdominal fat? You can't be serious. These guys are a month's diet away from having abs.

They look untrained, but they are not fat.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2016, 01:24:01 PM »
Just his own mirror.

Or just plain trolling.
The point of this thread was to point out that is perfectly ok/healthy (I know it's not the goal for most here) to have some bodyfat.

Do you honestly think that someone with 15-20% bodyfat will suffer dire health problems simply because of that? You guys are just so used to seeing people going to extremes, that you seemed to have forgot what a normal body looks like.

I am in the process of getting back into shape, so I am obviously not against working out and eating healthy. The point of this thread was to highlight that the people who take dieting, drug use, and overtraining to the extreme, are actually doing the opposite of being healthy.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2016, 01:29:21 PM »
Excess abdominal fat? You can't be serious. These guys are a month's diet away from having abs.

They look untrained, but they are not fat.

Extra fat around the gut means extra fat around the organs. Not trying to be a dick but you really should look some shit up before formulating an opinion.

Everyone thinks dieting for a few weeks is going to work magic. It's a lifestyle thing and it takes a while before losing visible fat/weight loss actually affects health.

Not trying to change your mind or educate. That's your responsibility.. :)

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2016, 01:36:55 PM »
The point of this thread was to point out that is perfectly ok/healthy (I know it's not the goal for most here) to have some bodyfat.

Do you honestly think that someone with 15-20% bodyfat will suffer dire health problems simply because of that? You guys are just so used to seeing people going to extremes, that you seemed to have forgot what a normal body looks like.

I am in the process of getting back into shape, so I am obviously not against working out and eating healthy. The point of this thread was to highlight that the people who take dieting, drug use, and overtraining to the extreme, are actually doing the opposite of being healthy.

Can you cite something please?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2016, 01:37:24 PM »
Extra fat around the gut means extra fat around the organs. Not trying to be a dick but you really should look some shit up before formulating an opinion.

Everyone thinks dieting for a few weeks is going to work magic. It's a lifestyle thing and it takes a while before losing visible fat/weight loss actually affects health.

What do define as extra fat around the gut? I was referring specifically to the pics of the two gentleman from a few posts up. You are deluded if you think those guys are unhealthy from having too much fat.

I agree that eating healthy and exercising should be a lifestyle, rather than a phase or quick fix.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
Can you cite something please?
Its called common sense. 15% bodyfat isnt fat.

Moderate fat stores help aid in a properly working metabolism and immune system.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »
Just his own mirror.

Or just plain trolling.

This. Also, Shizzo stating that those guys are "a month away" from abs shows how little he actually knows about having abs.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2016, 01:48:36 PM »
Its called common sense. 15% bodyfat isnt fat.

Moderate fat stores help aid in a properly working metabolism and immune system.

You think the second guy in the 2 recent pictures is 15%?

And you think we have warped perceptions?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2016, 01:50:22 PM »
What do define as extra fat around the gut? I was referring specifically to the pics of the two gentleman from a few posts up. You are deluded if you think those guys are unhealthy from having too much fat.

I agree that eating healthy and exercising should be a lifestyle, rather than a phase or quick fix.

Shizzo, Drkaje is in medical school (or close to finished). You're nowhere near close to that. He knows more about the human body than you.

Please just shut up.
X

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2016, 01:52:16 PM »
This. Also, Shizzo stating that those guys are "a month away" from abs shows how little he actually knows about having abs.

I thought that was blatant trolling. Nobody can be that ignorant, surely?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
Dude, you have a skewed perception as to what constitutes someone being grossly out of shape.

These two guys aren't fat at all, and their bodyfat% and weight would not be impacting their health at all.

Just because someone isn't jacked with abs, doesn't mean that they aren't healthy, actually many times its guys like these who are healthier than people with extremely low bodyfat, who will do anything to look good in a selfie.

Dude, you have a skewed perception as to what constitutes someone being grossly out of shape.

I never said they were grossly out of shape. But they are definitely NOT in shape, either.

These two guys aren't fat at all, and their bodyfat% and weight would not be impacting their health at all.

How do you know what their bodyfat is?

How do you know its not impacting their health?

Evidence?

Just because someone isn't jacked with abs, doesn't mean that they aren't healthy, actually many times its guys like these who are healthier than people with extremely low bodyfat, who will do anything to look good in a selfie.

Evidence? Or are you just going to throw around claims with no evidence to back it up?  :-\ :-\
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2016, 01:57:17 PM »
Shizzo, Drkaje is in medical school (or close to finished). You're nowhere near close to that. He knows more about the human body than you.

Please just shut up.
I agree. No sense arguing with people who cant comprehend that being in single digits (bodyfat wise) does not affect someone's metabolism and immune systems, and that being shredded isnt as healthy as is perceived by outward appearances.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2016, 01:59:26 PM »
I agree. No sense arguing with people who cant comprehend that being in single digits (bodyfat wise) does not affect someone's metabolism and immune systems, and that being shredded isnt as healthy as is perceived by outward appearances.

Yes, please tell us how you know more about the human body than Dr. Kaje.  :D :D
X

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2016, 02:01:15 PM »
Having a dad bod means giving oneself more to their family and less time on themselves and typing on GetBig. But you could get a pretty good body just by doing a quick workout, having some milk, toast, protein drink, chicken...you now the CSWOL Workout plan.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2016, 02:18:31 PM »

Below is my BMI. Compared to the photos of you and those two other fellows, I'm am very fit. I even have abs showing through my 70 year old skin. I just measured my waist. It is 32". You will notice that according to the BMI calculator, I am overweight. Have you checked your BMI? Here is the link where you can check it, http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Waist Circumference

Measuring waist circumference helps screen for possible health risks that come with overweight and obesity. If most of your fat is around your waist rather than at your hips, you’re at a higher risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes. This risk goes up with a waist size that is greater than 35 inches for women or greater than 40 inches for men. To correctly measure your waist, stand and place a tape measure around your middle, just above your hipbones. Measure your waist just after you breathe out.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Solid post SF1900!!

lol. funny shit

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

100% spot on...Just because the World is getting fatter as a whole it doesn't change what is fat and what is not. We are just getting use to seeing fat people as the norm.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2016, 02:54:20 PM »
Seth Rogan in 2005 in 40 year old virgin was considered the fat out of shape bastard. That was 10 years ago. Now guys his size are the normal ones. But make no mistake. If they were unhealthy in 2005, they're still unhealthy today regardless of what the Doctors are telling society...

2005 Seth Rogan in white shirt

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2016, 03:30:13 PM »
lol. funny shit

I like to think that shizzo is attempting to troll us. I suspect he is.
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
I like to think that shizzo is attempting to troll us. I suspect he is.

An unusual troll methodology.....makes himself look like a complete douchebag for a few pages of posts

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2016, 04:12:49 PM »
An unusual troll methodology.....makes himself look like a complete douchebag for a few pages of posts

LOL!!

Yes, but we all  know on getbig, the bigger douche you come off as, the more responses you get!
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »
LOL!!

Yes, but we all  know on getbig, the bigger douche you come off as, the more responses you get!

If that was the case the U.K. board and The Lounge would have 300 page threads.

Shizzo has really started out 2016 with a gravitational pull type suck on all his posts

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2016, 04:46:22 PM »
LOL!!

If you don't have any self-esteem, that's a win!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2016, 04:48:55 PM »
If you don't have any self-esteem, that's a win!

In other words, its a win for Shizzo.
X