Author Topic: South Carolina Gov. Haley to Give Republican Response to Obama  (Read 844 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
South Carolina Gov. Haley to Give Republican Response to Obama
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:15:20 PM »
Good choice.

Image: South Carolina Gov. Haley to Give Republican Response to Obama     
Tuesday, 05 Jan 2016

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, who has been mentioned as a possible 2016 vice presidential pick, will deliver the Republican response to President Barack Obama's final State of the Union address.
Haley, the first female and first minority governor in her state's history, will address the nation on the night of January 12 after Obama's speech, congressional leaders said Tuesday.

She surged into the spotlight last year during a bitter debate over the Confederate flag, when she ordered the divisive and controversial banner be taken off state capitol grounds in the wake of a church shooting in Charleston.

Several observers said Haley, who is 43 and in her second term as governor, used the opportunity as a political launch pad, securing her image as the face of the new South and helping her party's profile in the process.

"Nikki Haley has led an economic turnaround and set a bold agenda for her state, getting things done and becoming one of the most popular governors in America," House Speaker Paul Ryan said in announcing her as the person to deliver the Republican address.

"Governor Haley knows the American Dream and wants to see every American share in it, and we're pleased that she will be delivering this year's Republican Address," added Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Haley is one of two Indian American governors in the United States. The other, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, briefly ran for president before dropping out in November.

"This is a time of great challenges for our country, but also of great opportunities. I intend to speak about both," Haley said in a statement.

The speech comes in the run up to the highly anticipated Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primaries, the first two state-wide votes in the process to determine the Democratic and Republican nominees for president.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/nikki-haley-state-response/2016/01/05/id/708256/#ixzz3wQV76wDH

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: South Carolina Gov. Haley to Give Republican Response to Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »
She's the daughter of Sikh immigrants from India.

I think it's nice that republicans are so tolerant of people who are different from them.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 08:54:55 PM »
She's the daughter of Sikh immigrants from India.

I think it's nice that republicans are so tolerant of people who are different from them.

They should try to be more like the 2016 Democratic Lineup.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:14 PM »
The Republicans need to figure out how to get some minority votes.

Good potential there. Big Indian community in the US. She could bring some votes.

They tried Jindal, but he was unlikeable.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
The Republicans need to figure out how to get some minority votes.

Good potential there. Big Indian community in the US. She could bring some votes.

They tried Jindal, but he was unlikeable.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:07:28 PM »

Now add representatives and compare to Republican of the same and get back to me.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »
Now add representatives and compare to Republican of the same and get back to me.

Governorship of California or Senator of New York versus some impoverished district in Detroit.

With logic like this you see how it has been so easy for these White Democrats to maintain their power over the minorities when it comes to positions of real power.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »
Governorship of California or Senator of New York versus some impoverished district in Detroit.

With logic like this you see how it has been so easy for these White Democrats to maintain their power over the minorities when it comes to positions of real power.

I'm just saying that percentage wise when you compare all elected officials, by far the minorities are democrat.

That's just reality.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 09:31:05 PM »
I'm just saying that percentage wise when you compare all elected officials, by far the minorities are democrat.

That's just reality.

Sure. Token positions of power like House seats and local city councils etc etc

The real positions of power (Senate and Governorships) are overwhelmingly ran by the White men, simple as that.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »
Sure. Token positions of power like House seats and local city councils etc etc

The real positions of power (Senate and Governorships) are overwhelmingly ran by the White men, simple as that.

You know the first black governor of any State was a Democrat in Virginia.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »
You know the first black governor of any State was a Democrat in Virginia.

And the President is "Black" as well. I'm not saying they haven't had some success, they have.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of White Democrats who use the race card for their own personal benefit and haven't actually stepped up to the plate to push for more minorities in the Senate and Governorships.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 09:49:32 PM »
And the President is "Black" as well. I'm not saying they haven't had some success, they have.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of White Democrats who use the race card for their own personal benefit and haven't actually stepped up to the plate to push for more minorities in the Senate and Governorships.

That's fair. However, could you not ask that also of
Republicans?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 06:33:07 AM »
That's fair. However, could you not ask that also of
Republicans?

Of course, and I believe you will start seeing more of it with the rise of anti-establishment sentiment among the base and also the increasing use of social media where minority candidates can get much more exposure than before.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »
Good choice.

Image: South Carolina Gov. Haley to Give Republican Response to Obama     
Tuesday, 05 Jan 2016

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, who has been mentioned as a possible 2016 vice presidential pick, will deliver the Republican response to President Barack Obama's final State of the Union address.
Haley, the first female and first minority governor in her state's history, will address the nation on the night of January 12 after Obama's speech, congressional leaders said Tuesday.

She surged into the spotlight last year during a bitter debate over the Confederate flag, when she ordered the divisive and controversial banner be taken off state capitol grounds in the wake of a church shooting in Charleston.

Several observers said Haley, who is 43 and in her second term as governor, used the opportunity as a political launch pad, securing her image as the face of the new South and helping her party's profile in the process.

"Nikki Haley has led an economic turnaround and set a bold agenda for her state, getting things done and becoming one of the most popular governors in America," House Speaker Paul Ryan said in announcing her as the person to deliver the Republican address.

"Governor Haley knows the American Dream and wants to see every American share in it, and we're pleased that she will be delivering this year's Republican Address," added Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Haley is one of two Indian American governors in the United States. The other, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, briefly ran for president before dropping out in November.

"This is a time of great challenges for our country, but also of great opportunities. I intend to speak about both," Haley said in a statement.

The speech comes in the run up to the highly anticipated Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primaries, the first two state-wide votes in the process to determine the Democratic and Republican nominees for president.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/nikki-haley-state-response/2016/01/05/id/708256/#ixzz3wQV76wDH

Changing the messenger but still going to be the same old and increasing unpopular message

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 11:43:03 AM »
tell her to keep her hands off the water bottle.
w