Author Topic: Should there be an intervention for Ronnie Coleman?  (Read 18267 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Should there be an intervention for Ronnie Coleman?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 07:03:29 AM »
Obviously you don't since you've done nothing that made a difference in anybody's lives.

I'm glad that people remember, and past on those memories to me, of people like Einstein, Mozart, Socrates, Lincoln, George Washington, Mark Twain, Ronald Reagan, Jesse Owens, Ben Franklin, Patton, John F. Kennedy, Aristotle, Jesus Christ....

But to each his own. Just continue and be satisfied with being a nothing whose existence in this world made zero difference.
Hitler will be remembered for longer than all those dudes.
V

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:47 AM »
On IG a few weeks ago he said that he has to have another surgery because the screw in his low back came loose and broke the bone it was attached to.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 08:00:25 AM »
So the herniated disc was what led to some atrophy on the left side of his body.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 09:21:25 AM »
On IG a few weeks ago he said that he has to have another surgery because the screw in his low back came loose and broke the bone it was attached to.

X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 09:27:53 AM »
Dude's got a seriously herniated brain.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 10:14:38 AM »
Most of us would be absolutley devastated of injuries stopped us training and that's just us average blokes who love to train, now imagine coming from the lofty height of Ronnie and not being able to train full bore, it must be soul destroying.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing and knows his body well enough to know its limit.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »
Im sure this video is probably not long after 1 of his surgeries or somethin ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »
Most of us would be absolutley devastated of injuries stopped us training and that's just us average blokes who love to train, now imagine coming from the lofty height of Ronnie and not being able to train full bore, it must be soul destroying.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing and knows his body well enough to know its limit.

If he knew his limits, he would not be in the position he is in.
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »
If he knew his limits, he would not be in the position he is in.

Yes but Then he was juiced out his mind feeling indestructible and training to retain his Olympia titles, now he's training just for fun I'd expect he'd not push it past that point

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 11:15:19 AM »

he doesn't need to stop training altogether but he had to be smarter about it. I only deadlift 3-4 months out of the year because I'm not interested in getting injured. He seemed to keep to not really modify too much except for poundaged and his form was still atrocious.

Just looking at the videos I knew it would only be a matter of time before he was out injured again

I think he was one of the greatest Mr Olympias of all time. My respect for him is tremendous. I would just like to see him life well into his retirement

Simple Simon

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 03:25:02 PM »
Hitler will be remembered for longer than all those dudes.

LOL! Um, noooooo. Socrates and Jesus has a bit of a head start. Too bad that the line between fame and infamy has been blurred so that people don't know the difference anymore.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »
V

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 03:50:58 PM »
While you go to your grave with everything intact while accomplishing nothing in life.

Ronnie will be remember as a legend in the bbing community for the rest of humanity. No one will remember or care about you.

Epic thread fail.

Not a fail in the least.  Like I said, like a rat to a trap.  I'm McLovin it.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 04:05:35 PM »

So true, just too bad he has to suffer so much now. This must be the worst case we've ever seen of a Mr O being so wrecked post career.
?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
When the doc approves of his working out, I don't think that they realize what Ronnie Coleman means as "working out".

Still, it's sad to see Ronnie Coleman regress like this. Whereas Lee Haney has a family, and moving around, enjoying life, and training celebs from time to time. And Dorian Yates partying up with his Brazilian wife. And Jay Cutler, enjoying life as well. It seems that the more balanced in life the others were, the more adjusted that have become to not competing. With Ronnie, that is all he had, all that defined him.

DanzigBrah

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
When the doc approves of his working out, I don't think that they realize what Ronnie Coleman means as "working out".

Still, it's sad to see Ronnie Coleman regress like this. Whereas Lee Haney has a family, and moving around, enjoying life, and training celebs from time to time. And Dorian Yates partying up with his Brazilian wife. And Jay Cutler, enjoying life as well. It seems that the more balanced in life the others were, the more adjusted that have become to not competing. With Ronnie, that is all he had, all that defined him.

Uh, Ronnie has like 10 kids....just the ones we know about....he could put his energy/time into that...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »
To put things in perspective Ronnie obviously has a very low IQ, can't fault the man for being born an idiot.
V

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
To put things in perspective Ronnie obviously has a very low IQ, can't fault the man for being born an idiot.

He's sort of the Mr. Potato Head, Mr. Olympia.  

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 04:29:24 PM »
It's his body.
Do any of us take kindly to random people telling us what we should or shouldn't do with our Bodies.
He is only likely to damage himself not one of us so why all the hate towards him.
He has achieved more than most people do in his chosen endeavour & likely also earned more $'s.
Ronnie always seems happy enough.
Good For Him.
To many whining/ whinging & miserable people concerned with his life
Rather than their own. Which might be more productive to them.

Light weight Baby.  ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2016, 04:39:26 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
With all his major surgery's, I'm guessing his Doctor probably gives him 100 to 200 30mg oxy's per month.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 05:24:10 PM »
It's his body.
Do any of us take kindly to random people telling us what we should or shouldn't do with our Bodies.
He is only likely to damage himself not one of us so why all the hate towards him.
He has achieved more than most people do in his chosen endeavour & likely also earned more $'s.
Ronnie always seems happy enough.
Good For Him.
To many whining/ whinging & miserable people concerned with his life
Rather than their own. Which might be more productive to them.

Light weight Baby.  ;)

If he doesn't want people to be concerned with his life, then he should not offer personal medical information on social media. Once its out there, people are going to respond to it. There was once a period in this world where people kept their personal medical history to themselves. Now with social media, you stub your toe and the whole world knows about it. People are going to respond positively and negatively to anyone once the person puts it out there.
X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
With all his major surgery's, I'm guessing his Doctor probably gives him 100 to 200 30mg oxy's per month.

Fortress, please handle this.
Y

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 06:19:19 PM »
body dysmorphia of peace

Who pays for all of these surgeries?  At some point doesn't the health insurance run out or become prohibitively expensive? Is this taxpayer dollars from some type of medical care from when he was a cop?