Author Topic: 03-09-06: No court dates for Titus & Ryan?  (Read 3090 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
03-09-06: No court dates for Titus & Ryan?
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »

With rumors that key witnesses are going into court to testify, one wonders if the prosecutors are going to try and bypass the preliminary hearings and go directly for a Grand Jury indictment, saving the key witnesses testimony for the trial.

Supposedly, the next court appeances is March 20th for a bail / supressed motion hearing, and then in another week after that, the preliminary court dates, but will these two appearances really happen???

Lets see...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 03-09-06: No court dates for Titus & Ryan?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:07:50 PM »

I have heard that this case will probably go to trial...   

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:56:20 AM »
I have heard that this case will probably go to trial...   

heard probably   hmmmmmmmmm

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:04:49 AM »
Let the "Trial" begin 8) 8)

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 08:40:11 AM »
I predict that Craig will fire his attorney part way thru the trial, and declare his intent to represent himself & argue his own case

As Mark Twain once said "The man who chooses to argue his own case at trial has a fool for a client"or something close to that.  I didn't have time to look up the actual quote

Junior III

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 09:58:13 AM »
With rumors that key witnesses are going into court to testify, one wonders if the prosecutors are going to try and bypass the preliminary hearings and go directly for a Grand Jury indictment, saving the key witnesses testimony for the trial.

Supposedly, the next court appeances is March 20th for a bail / supressed motion hearing, and then in another week after that, the preliminary court dates, but will these two appearances really happen???

Lets see...

According to an AP article I read on the Court TV website, the judge said he'd reconsider his ruling on bail after the March 29th preliminary.
The judge said he would reconsider his ruling after a March 29 hearing at which prosecutors will seek to have Titus and Ryan bound over for trial on felony murder, kidnapping and arson charges.

I also noticed that the autopsy had not yet been completed.
"They don't even have an autopsy that establishes a cause of death," Ryan's lawyer, Tom Pitaro, said.
I bet that the prosecutors are dragging out the timing of the autopsy for as long as possible, so that they can delay the release of even more damaging evidence for CK and KR.  The judge probably wants to see what the prosecution is going to present at the preliminary hearing before he does something as major as setting those two losers free on bail.....especially if what the prosecutors present at the preliminary includes info from the autopsy findings.

Also, I'm not sure where that supposed March 9th court date came from anyway.  Anybody know??