Author Topic: Charlotte Pro DVD on sale till monday for 9.99  (Read 13289 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Charlotte Pro DVD on sale till monday for 9.99
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006, 06:43:43 AM »
are the fitness routines no the dvd too?

Yes.

The DVDs have the whole night shows of the womens BB, fit, fig and men's BB., and also little clips of the expo.

Again, it is an outstanding price - it even comes in a nice DVD cover and all :D

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006, 03:04:06 PM »
Unfortunately Bulk Nutrition wanted too much personal info in order to buy a product on their site.  With the info provided, anyone could steal your ID online.  I will have to pass. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2006, 03:08:32 PM »
Unfortunately Bulk Nutrition wanted too much personal info in order to buy a product on their site.  With the info provided, anyone could steal your ID online.  I will have to pass. 

They just want to know your cocksize for future thong mailings.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2006, 07:17:58 AM »
There will be an article in the upcoming issue of our mag as to what happened with the charlotte pro and where the money went.  It will be out about wednesday/thursday of this week.

As far as our site asking for person info.  We need to know where you live to ship the product.  If you don't want to put anything else in, just lie about it (birthday etc).  Everything is secure on our site. 

I'm selling it at this "cheap" price because it's the only way to expand this sport.  I'll eventually do another show, just not right now.  Figuring I had never put on a show before, I don't think we did to bad :)

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2006, 02:55:39 PM »
If you have a birthday, a phone number & an address, you have everything you need to hack someone's ID online.  Why ask about a birthday if you have no need to know?  NO site is secure from hacking.  The FBI's website has been hacked.  Yours certainly could be. 

geeves20022000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2006, 03:03:51 PM »
well obviosuly he needs the address so he can ship you your purchase.  Phone I guess in case something happens with the shipping, but you can always put in any old phone number and bday just lie.  Every online retailer asks for phone and address.  Mike does great business and always ships out his products on time and for a great price.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2006, 08:19:39 PM »
If you have a birthday, a phone number & an address, you have everything you need to hack someone's ID online.  Why ask about a birthday if you have no need to know?  NO site is secure from hacking.  The FBI's website has been hacked.  Yours certainly could be.

We ask for birthday's cause we send people gift vouchers for their birthdays.  Should we want to implement an age restriction on a product, we can do it.  If you don't want to give it, just put in something fake, it will still work.  Same goes for the phone number.  We put the phone number on incase something goes wrong with your order.  You'd be amazed how many people don't know their own address. 

I agree with you that nothing is 100% secure.  There are to many computer geeks that are on another level of intelligence.  We do everything we can to protect our info, which is listed in the about us section as well.  We're as secure as any other website in which you'd order from, if not more.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »
Instead of selling DVD's, why not just make it available for download?  People would probably still pay $9.99, and you'd save the cost of the dvd's and shipping.
Ron: "I am lazy."

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »
You make an excellent point...speaking of which, I think you could sell more than triple the websites you could sell at $300 if you lowered your price point to $99.95, and you would earn more dork goodwill in the process as a result.

Special "Small Business Advisor" Ed

Hah, oh dear.

Please tell me you're joking.

I think its more practical if he raises the price say $50 per 6 months.

I mean I have told him before that he should just charge way more but by charging 300 he's getting a lot of cheapskates to bite so its working for him.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 06:46:16 AM »
Instead of selling DVD's, why not just make it available for download?  People would probably still pay $9.99, and you'd save the cost of the dvd's and shipping.

There are already people trying to offer our dvd for free by uploaded it to the internet.  If we did the download version, there would be no reason to buy the download.  At least with the DVD you can transport it easier.  A lot of people don't want to go through the hassle of downloading (you'd be amazed how many are still on slow connections).  I know this things will be put on this board at some point as a free download, not much I can do about it. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 07:44:19 AM »

Aha!  (finally I can be of help here hehe)

One thing I do know about is the Download on Demand business.  While you are correct in saying that piracy is an issue, there are potentially thousands of customers who'd gladly buy a download from you, even if there were thousands who are stealing it. 

The primary key in dealing with online piracy is to make your money *first*.  Your customer-friendly pricing actually decreases the likelihood of some people ripping you off.  There are those who will buy everything honestly, there are those who will only steal, and there are those who would pay, but who might be tempted to steal if they feel something is overpriced.   

Even though something might be available for free (stolen, of course), for the people in that third group, there's less temptation to steal something that is so inexpensive in the first place.

The profit margin on downloads is great, too.  It costs about 15 to 25 cents (technical and billing costs only, not sure about your manpower requirements) to deliver a 2-hour download to your customers.  I know DVDs are cheap, but they're not *that* cheap.  :) 

Even if you don't do it right away, you should definitely consider it in the future.  The Download on Demand customers are a large and growing segment of the online consumer base.  Even though 3-4 days of waiting may not seem like a long time to you or to many people, the nature of the internet is NOW.  People pay for content and they want instant access to it.  It's an amazing phenomenon, but someone has to fulfill the need for those customers, too.

Good luck. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:03 AM »
A lot of people don't want to go through the hassle of downloading (you'd be amazed how many are still on slow connections). 

I consider waiting for shit in the mail way more of a hassle than clicking on a download link, but that's just me.

Doing a DVD doesn't prevent piracy... it's very easy to rip video from DVD and put it on the web.  I think that honest people will be honest and pay, and dishonest people won't, regardless of how you choose to make it available.

It's kinda like music. Now that itunes and other music are available to easily and legally download for reasonable prices, I buy all my music online and pay for it. Before this, I downloaded for free from Kazaa, Limewire, napster, etc. It wasn't because I was unwilling or unable to pay, it's because I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of going to a store, searching for what I want, then getting it home and having to rip it onto my computer or mp3 player.

Are there kids who are gonna download a lot of free shit? Sure. But these are generally people who don't have the money to spend and as a result wouldn't have bought it anyway. A free download doesn't always equal lost revenue.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.  Just different ways to the same ending.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 10:29:57 AM »
For only 10 bucks, it's worth it to have it on DVD.  You can watch it in the living room, you don't lose it if the PC crashes (not everyone does meticuolous backups like they should) and you can lend it to friends.  Sure, you can also do that with a ripped DVD.  but that is complicated.  I clicked on Mike's link, paid my $, and when I check the mail tomorrow, I'll have something to watch this weekend.  Less stressful and easier than the time I'd spend building the DVD myself.

Now, if Mike was charging $29 per DVD, it'd be worth it to steal and share it lol... But at $10 it's just a better value to order it than to do effort to find, DL and rip/burn it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 02:04:54 PM »
Ordered mine on Fri and it was in the mail today. Good delivery time.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »
Same here - ordered mine at lunchtime Friday and it arrived today.  And I'm in California!

So, for the top-flight customer service on the shipping, Bulk Nutrition gets high marks from me.  The DVD was neatly packaged and has a very nice cover.  The trailer is great and I've already enjoyed several of the fitness routines.

This is a high-quality production worthy of the pros who are featured in it. 

Well done, BN.  You guys will definitely get more of my business in the future. 

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »
Download on demand is great for people like me, who are in australia because we get ripped off for postage.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2006, 07:42:37 PM »
Email me rocket, I might have something I can do for you.  A little known service for small items like this, gets there very quickly and pretty cheap.

My email is My65cuda@aol.com

BTW, for those that watch the video let me know what you think.

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2006, 08:25:50 PM »
Mike I got mine today also. Great video, I enjoyed it. The only thing I didnt care for was Most of the mens footage (the lighting on stage is pretty dark) cant see the guys as well as the womens dvd.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2006, 08:33:48 PM »
Download on demand is great for people like me, who are in australia because we get ripped off for postage.

Just wait til Rob gets his and he rips it and throws it on putfile.com or something.  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »
I agree completely with G o a t b o y.  Honest people will be honest no matter what and dishonest people will be dishonest no matter what.  Having everything available for free doesn't necessarily mean lost revenue.

G o a t b o y: where is Jimmy?   ???