Author Topic: US Sailors held by Iran  (Read 2364 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
US Sailors held by Iran
« on: January 12, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »
According to the DoD, 2 small naval boats entered Iranian waters and were forced to port.

The sailors are currently being held.

The US believes this will be resolved rather quickly.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: US Sailors held by Iran
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »
Right before the State of the Union speech...lmfao I wonder how much Obama is going to tout his foreign relations record?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 03:35:42 PM »
line in the sand speech part deux
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Leave it to Getbig to keep us updated on seamen!
?

Semi-Hex

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
Leave it to Getbig to keep us updated on seamen!

No homo though.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 03:51:53 PM »
No homo though.

Nothing gay about semen at all!
?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:04:09 PM »
Iran saying the sailors are under arrest, admin saying that there is plan in place to transfer them to the Navy tomorrow.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 05:17:13 PM »
Iran saying the sailors are under arrest, admin saying that there is plan in place to transfer them to the Navy tomorrow.

No the Iran Media is saying they are under arrest...they work like our media as they talk out of their ass.  They are not being held by the Iranian Navy but the Iranian Revolutionary Army.   

Either way, fucking with the US is never a good idea and if they so much as lay a finger on those sailors, they will be blown to bits
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »

No the Iran Media is saying they are under arrest...they work like our media as they talk out of their ass.  They are not being held by the Iranian Navy but the Iranian Revolutionary Army.   

Either way, fucking with the US is never a good idea and if they so much as lay a finger on those sailors, they will be blown to bits

Really? Last time something like this happened, 444 days passed and no one was blown to bits
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 05:46:08 PM »
Really? Last time something like this happened, 444 days passed and no one was blown to bits

If Iran wants those UN sanctions lifted.

They'll let them go.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 06:19:34 PM »

sure thing Vince......SECNAV is to busy destroying 240 years of Marine Corps tradition to bother with his sailors. I'm sure he'll get around to it after a transgender celebration and ok'ing another frigate nobody wants.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »
If Iran wants those UN sanctions lifted.

They'll let them go.
Seems like a lot of those sanctions are going to be losing their bite regardless

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 10:12:29 PM »
Seems like a lot of those sanctions are going to be losing their bite regardless

We are going to see I guess.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »
How fitting is it that Iran is holding US servicemen during Obama's last SOTU  ;D

I mean talk about a perfect summation of his presidency.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 07:17:28 AM »
How fitting is it that Iran is holding US servicemen during Obama's last SOTU  ;D

I mean talk about a perfect summation of his presidency.

Except they were let go first thing this morning.

Not even 24 hours.

Thanks Obama...

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 07:50:23 AM »
Except they were let go first thing this morning.

Not even 24 hours.

Thanks Obama...

I missed it.  What was his direct or even indirect involvement in this process?  I take it he flew over there and negotiated their release personally, since we are thanking him

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 08:46:09 AM »
I missed it.  What was his direct or even indirect involvement in this process?  I take it he flew over there and negotiated their release personally, since we are thanking him

I guess that's what happens behind the doors of the Oval Office.

There were people right here in this thread relating it to Obama and numerous people have talked about how Obama's administration allowed this to happen and as someone write somewhere else "emboldened" our enemies.

Relating it to the situation in 79 under Carter.

I'm sure you get where I'm going.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »
I guess that's what happens behind the doors of the Oval Office.

There were people right here in this thread relating it to Obama and numerous people have talked about how Obama's administration allowed this to happen and as someone write somewhere else "emboldened" our enemies.

Relating it to the situation in 79 under Carter.

I'm sure you get where I'm going.

the concept is the same. Iran knows they can walk all over us and use us like a common street whore as long as this guy is in charge...they got literally everything they wanted on the 'deal' and we got absolutely nothing...then when it was concluded they decreed that they would once again stop talking to us(the great satan) and immediately started test firing rockets(multiple times!) in defiance of the 'deal' ...lmao

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
Our Secretary of State thanked Iran for the release.  This after they used our boys as props.  We got punked.  No showing of strength whatsoever. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 11:18:02 AM »
the concept is the same. Iran knows they can walk all over us and use us like a common street whore as long as this guy is in charge...they got literally everything they wanted on the 'deal' and we got absolutely nothing...then when it was concluded they decreed that they would once again stop talking to us(the great satan) and immediately started test firing rockets(multiple times!) in defiance of the 'deal' ...lmao

I don't see them similarly, but you go right ahead.

Why wouldn't we thank them for releasing our guys. It's wrong to say thank you now?

You have got to be shitting me.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
The boats broke down and drifted into Iranian waters.  Considering that you have 2 CB90 Attack boats floating into your territory, of course they would be picked up...which is fortunate because if the engines are not running, they can be tipped over quite easily by some strong waves.
A

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »
The boats broke down and drifted into Iranian waters.  Considering that you have 2 CB90 Attack boats floating into your territory, of course they would be picked up...which is fortunate because if the engines are not running, they can be tipped over quite easily by some strong waves.
oh oh, applying logic and reason.
that won't float here.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »
oh oh, applying logic and reason.
that won't float here.

Well played.   :)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »

I was wondering what the hell they were doing there in the first place...
?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
Transiting the gulf.....

Its not the issue of their boats having issues its the behavior of the sailors and then the apology. Did they talk to State and then told to apologize? If you watch the video what was shown was not a rescue of US sailors Vince it was taking US sailors hostage. You don't apologize for shit like this.....

From Hot Air...

This footage of the seizure of the crew and of the sailors in captivity violates the prohibition in the Geneva Conventions against exposing captured troops to “insults and public curiosity” and yet we’ve got one unnamed Obama advisor talking up how well the sailors were treated and the Secretary of State himself thanking Iran publicly. One fear universally echoed by skeptics of the Iran deal was that it would force the White House to bend over backwards to avoid even the perception of conflict with Iran. Any point of conflict, after all, would give opponents of the deal reason to howl that Obama should tear it up and reinstate sanctions. Worse, it might give Iran itself reason to walk away, leaving Obama’s biggest foreign-policy “achievement” — and his hope for rapprochement with Iran — in ashes. The White House, critics therefore predicted, would have no choice but to act as “Iran’s lawyer” in the court of public opinion, downplaying Iranian misdeeds in order to claim that diplomacy is working. How’s that prediction looking today? How did it look last week, when Iran objected to new U.S. sanctions over its ballistic missile program and the White House responded by quickly yanking them off the table?
L