Author Topic: Your body is your sport....  (Read 1317 times)

Bypass

• Getbig II
Your body is your sport....
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:15:30 PM »
Just to ask...

I wrote a paper in High School about this, and got sent to the principals office, now this was 18 years ago, but still the question in my mind remains the same....

If you choose to drive a race car...

And you know that if you hit the wall at 200 mph, you might die, but you still tell your crew chief to make it go faster, and do something outside the acceptable lines...shave some weight here, raise a spoiler here, are you cheating, if it is within the guidelines of the sport...or are you merely pushing the envelope...

So in bodybuilding, where you are trying to achieve the perfect balance of symmetry and size, is it wrong to do the same, by taking a substance or substances that pushes the envelope to give the media, the public, the sport what it is looking for....

in Racing the car is the vehicle, in bodybuilding the body is...what really is the difference, both atheletes are taking calculated riskes, to achieve their goals....

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: Your body is your sport....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:01:43 PM »
its all about mind and control....theres risk in anything you do.no matter what it is from racing a car or taking roids or even stepping out of the shower,
you know what the risk are and you try to control the risk factor,a person useing roids knows how much they are going to take it is planned out.
and the risk are later down the road as the person keeps doing it and doing it.
as fare as the race car you have control of that gas pedel you know the risk if you push it to 200mph or more,but what you dont have control of is if one of the tires blows or you just loose control of the stering and slam into that wall.

micky55024

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »
Good analogy.  Only in racing there's 40 other guys on the track and they can mess up your run real fast. 

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »
i still dont think there is that much risk in using roids unless u r careless of course, if u take sane amounts and use them correctly, i see no harm but gains and a better life.

muscle
muscle

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »
I agree