Author Topic: Detailed recollection of the Mustafa confrontation  (Read 3230 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Detailed recollection of the Mustafa confrontation
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »
I'm not the author of this text, this text is translated from a german Bodybuilding Board.

The author Paul helped Musti to get ready the last 3days before the AC & kept us back home in Austria&Germany informed. This is his view of what happened backstage at the AC:

"After Arnold & his bodyguards passed by, I thought now or never. I waited till he was on his way back from the stage. Of course I wasn't the only one, who wanted to talk to him, but his bodyguards kept everybody away from him.

>>10mins before Arnold arrived<<
The competitors were told only the Top10 had to prepare to hit stage in 5mins … so some got dressed

While Arnold was on stage the competitior were told only the Top6 had to prepare for the stage, the others should go home … and again some got dressed (Haider, Dim, …)
Now, this is important!!!
Some athletes, the so called promoters and some magacine guys told Musti & Melvin (who already put on a T-shirt) not to get dressed …
Of course Musti was more than happy, that the others saw him in the Top6 !!! (who wouldn't)

>>10mins later again<<
When Arnold had to stop next to me, cause his bodyguards had to hold back the crowd, I used the opportunity to talk to him in German:
"Hi Arnold … you got some some seconds?"
He stopped. So I told him, I already tried to meet him in person 26years ago in Munich, but missed him 3meters … Finally I got my picture with Arnie (Arni&Paus.jpg)

Well … now the important part

3meters away Musti was recovering from the shock not to place Top6
Musti: "Servus Arnold" (Servus = Hello)
Arnold stopped
Musti: "Did you watch us on stage?"
Arnie: "Sorry, I arrived 10mins ago"
Musti: "Arnold, you're a fair sportsman. Can you tell me why I don't get better placings. Many people backstage told me I will place Top6 (and pointed at other people, me included)"
Arnold: "I'm sorry, but I've no influence on the placings and couldn't build my own opionion, cause I did't see the prejudging!"
Musti: "I'm dissappointed and despaired, cause everybody around here had me on a higher place."
(he spoke another 2-3 sentences about his family, but NOTHING like "I'm muslim & feeling discriminated")
Paul: "Arnold, please don't feel insulted, he's just dissapointed and tries to understand the whole thing!"
Arnold: "No problem, I'll watch the video, to build my own opinion, but I can say you right now, that I've no influence on the judges …
Musti: „Of course, I'm happy, that you make yourself the effort to watch the video. May I take a picture with you?

I took a picture of the two of them & that's it

Of course I told Musti, that this was a totally unnecessary & tactically unwise, you see what happened!

I stayed with him for 3days, I could see which kind of stress it is to stay for weeks in hotels … and understand his disappointment "

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Detailed recollection of the Mustafa confrontation
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »
hmmm poor Mustafa... so humble and so gentle.
just push some weight!

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:34:53 PM »
Mustava heres a tip , try doing some cardio and some calorie depletion and come in leaner rather than relying so heavily on your final condition useing dehydration !!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 04:57:39 PM »
Arnold the "fair sportsman," hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 08:41:35 AM »
so whats the story.  did he or did he not cry racism.  rumor says yes, he says no.  i tend to think that the answer is no. 

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »
YOU ROCK MUSTAFA!!! :o

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »
Maybe if he changed his name to Joe "all American apple pie" Smith, he'd get better placings.