Author Topic: Trump promises "A lot of" executive orders. You cool with that?  (Read 207 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump promises "A lot of" executive orders. You cool with that?
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »
I have to wonder... what would Trump need to use executive orders on, that he couldn't get the approval of a REPUBLICAN house and senate?

Hm...

Some conservatives are concerned over Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump's vow to take the same path of bypassing Congress as President Barack Obama - even though the billionaire said his actions would be "much better" than Obama's and done for "the right things."

"Does Mr. Trump enjoy power? Is he more likely to prefer limited and constitutional or unlimited and unconstitutional power? Where is he likely to fall on that scale? I tend to think it's with the maximum possible exercise of power," Colin Hanna, president of the conservative public policy group Let Freedom Ring USA, told TheBlaze.

Trump, as president, might well use the executive powers to advance conservative causes, Hanna added, but he said there is more at stake.

"Every conservative at heart is a constitutionalist. The values are intertwined and inseparable for separation of powers and a limited federal government," Hanna said. "He might use executive power on issues we agree with. The point is, it isn't about the individual issues. It's a deeper and fundamental question."

President Barack Obama has used executive action most recently to restrict gun sales. Before that, he shielded about 5 million illegal immigrants from deportation and to delayed implementation of some of the most unpopular aspects of his own health care law. After last week's State of the Union address, White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough promised "audacious executive action" in the president's final 11 months.

During an interview with NBC News, Trump was asked if he would use executive actions in a similar fashion to the way President Barack Obama has.

"I won't refuse it. I'm going to do a lot of things. He led the way," Trump said. He added, "But I'm going to use them much better and they're going to serve a much better purpose than he's done."