Author Topic: Rick Santorum angling for Trump's VP? Defending flipflops, attacking Cruz!  (Read 398 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
GOP presidential candidate Sen. Rick Santorum defended GOP frontrunner Donald Trump's values during a radio interview on Breitbart News Sunday on SiriusXM Patriot Channel 125.

Santorum also said that with GOP presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, "you've seen a shift" on some issues.

Breitbart News asked Santorum if he believes Trump is sincere on his conservative principles following the recent criticism by Cruz about Trump's "New York values" shared in a 1999 interview between Trump and Tim Russert.

"Past is prologue and if you look at someone's past, it's legit," Santorum began, but added, "people change and that's a good thing. I want to encourage everybody to be more conservative."

"You look at some of the greatest conservatives, many of them changed positions over the years," Santorum added.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/17/2799029/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Brother Santorum is too milquetoast and frothy.

Trump needs a gimmick token to fill the role.

Sizzle over steak.

I would say either Ben Carson or Mia Love.

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen could be a good call to help shore up the Hispanic vote but looks too much like Chris Farley in drag from the old SNL GAP skit days.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I can see Santorum's point of view.... he's SAFE.  He'll be the straight man with the awkward smile to the "cleverer" and lively trump.  He's not too handsome.  He's credible with the base.  Santorum WON Iowa last time... this is the next best thing to an endorsement (is santorum still officially running?  LOL)

If you look at the group running, I cannot think of a better running mate for Trump, who will need help with the base who hate him. 

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
Brother Santorum is too milquetoast and frothy.

Trump needs a gimmick token to fill the role.

Sizzle over steak.

I would say either Ben Carson or Mia Love.

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen could be a good call to help shore up the Hispanic vote but looks too much like Chris Farley in drag from the old SNL GAP skit days.
I think Santorum would be an ok choice to appease the portion of the party that hate him. As for other running mate candidates, I could totally see Tim Scott from SC as an option.