Author Topic: Trump: Apple should build 'their damn things' in US  (Read 2555 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump: Apple should build 'their damn things' in US
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:27:58 AM »
Two problems with this.   First, it sure contradicts the Trump claim "I'm a big free trade guy!"

Secondly, what we have here is a US politician attempting to tell companies what to do... thru increased regulation.  He's going to make a US firm earn less money by demanding who they choose for labor.  That's a democrat ideal, sorry.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump warned that he would force Apple, the U.S.'s most profitable company, to manufacture all of its products in the U.S. if he is elected president in November 2016.

Technology blog Gizmodo reports that during a speech at Liberty University in Virginia late Monday, the frontrunner for the GOP ticket said, "We're going to get Apple to build their damn computers and things in this country instead of in other countries."

Apple currently only manufactures its Mac Pro computers in the U.S., while most of its other products, including the iPhone, are made in China.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Trump: Apple should build 'their damn things' in US
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »
Two problems with this.   First, it sure contradicts the Trump claim "I'm a big free trade guy!"

Secondly, what we have here is a US politician attempting to tell companies what to do... thru increased regulation.  He's going to make a US firm earn less money by demanding who they choose for labor.  That's a democrat ideal, sorry.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump warned that he would force Apple, the U.S.'s most profitable company, to manufacture all of its products in the U.S. if he is elected president in November 2016.

Technology blog Gizmodo reports that during a speech at Liberty University in Virginia late Monday, the frontrunner for the GOP ticket said, "We're going to get Apple to build their damn computers and things in this country instead of in other countries."

Apple currently only manufactures its Mac Pro computers in the U.S., while most of its other products, including the iPhone, are made in China.

third problem

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:42:07 PM »
It scares me anytime a US president tells he is going to force US companies to do *anything*.

For a party that hates regulation and claimed to love free trade... Trump sure aint' a good fit.  But it's all about personality and celebrity with him anyway.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:45:25 PM »
It scares me anytime a US president tells he is going to force US companies to do *anything*.

For a party that hates regulation and claimed to love free trade... Trump sure aint' a good fit.  But it's all about personality and celebrity with him anyway.

Can you highlight the part where he said he will "force" apple to build here.  Also, would you please provide the complete quote, including the part about America having really smart gifted people.  It helps some with the context.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 04:26:30 PM »
Can you highlight the part where he said he will "force" apple to build here.  Also, would you please provide the complete quote, including the part about America having really smart gifted people.  It helps some with the context.

fuck that - a president should stay the fck out of what companies want to do.

this is democrat policy.  Repubs get out of the way and let the market handle it.  if you're down to defending details and playing word games, you've already lost this one.   A friggin PRESIDENT trying to convince US firms how to do things - THAT IS LIBERALISM.  Not capitalism.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 08:28:03 AM »

this is democrat policy.  Repubs get out of the way and let the market handle it.  if you're down to defending details and playing word games, you've already lost this one.   A friggin PRESIDENT trying to convince US firms how to do things - THAT IS LIBERALISM.  Not capitalism.

Didnt you say multiple times that Trump was a liberal plant so why does this surprise you?

And all this BS about the free market. The free market and/or globalization allows companies to use tax shelters and produce their products in 3rd world shitholes.

The free market in this case bankrupts the country and leaves its citizens unemployed for the benefit of a select few.

Fuck the free market and go Trump.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 08:55:18 AM »

Oh, you mean like auto manufacturers and environmental companies?  ::)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »

Are you implying that the government shouldn't give money to companies to keep them from being sold to foreign competitors?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:04:14 AM »

Obama gave $ to these companies - which is exactly what liberals do.  They get involved and 'pick winners'.  And it's pissed off getbiggers for 7+ years now.

NOW that TRUMP wants to tell companies how to do things... now that TRUMP wants to give our subsidies and issue tariffs and completely regulate everything and drop executive orders on tariffs....

Now that TRUMP wants to adopt liberal policies, repubs are shrugging it off.

You were pissed when obama did it - you should be pissed when Trump promises to "get companies" to do ANYTHING.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »
Obama gave $ to these companies - which is exactly what liberals do.  They get involved and 'pick winners'.  And it's pissed off getbiggers for 7+ years now.

NOW that TRUMP wants to tell companies how to do things... now that TRUMP wants to give our subsidies and issue tariffs and completely regulate everything and drop executive orders on tariffs....

Now that TRUMP wants to adopt liberal policies, repubs are shrugging it off.

You were pissed when obama did it - you should be pissed when Trump promises to "get companies" to do ANYTHING.

totally agree.  no one has principles anymore.  everyone is intellectually dishonest.  why?  because these elections live and die on gay marriage, abortion, and free stuff.  nothing else matters to anyone.  that's why I wont vote in this election.  

these campaigns are targeting the lowest common denominator voters.  The Republicans target the far right wing redneck assholes who know nothing but hatred, the Democrats target the know nothing kids who want everything for free and worship everything black and gay, because they think it makes them some sort of progressive intellectual.

all this stupidity results in a primary election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

The USA is getting exactly what it deserves.

If anyone on this board believes that we are getting the most qualified candidates you're fucking stupid.  if these campaigns targeted educated people who actually want to solve problems, Hillary Clinton wouldn't stand a chance.  Donald Trump wouldn't stand a chance.  But that's all we're getting because that's all we're asking for.  

I find it funny how libs always claim they care about women and hated the war in Iraq, yet they want to elect Hillary fucking goddamn Clinton?

I find it funny how conservatives want a president with principles and Christian ideals, and they want to elect Donald Trump?

what the fuck is even going on here?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »
It's just crazy town.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:36 AM »
bears, great post.  Agree with all of it 100%.

Trump is about to win almost every state in a landslide for the nomination... despite the fact he's not a conservative.

This will be the death of the republican party.  They're openly admitting throwing their beliefs out the window, in favor of NATIONALISM and POPULISM.   Whatever "USA, USA!" chant and theme is popular today, voila, trump/palin get right on it.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 12:02:23 PM »

I'm not playing word games.  You were just telling a lie, so I felt the need to identify it.  And i'm okay with a president wanting to do business in america when feasible and it seems trump thinks its feasible.  I didn't see him to imply otherwise. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 12:09:24 PM »
I'm not playing word games.  You were just telling a lie, so I felt the need to identify it.  And i'm okay with a president wanting to do business in america when feasible and it seems trump thinks its feasible.  I didn't see him to imply otherwise. 

a presiden'ts job isn't to stick his nose into US firms and "get them" to do ANYTHING.

I think the problem with today's republicans is that they don't have the base conservative ideals like "keep the govt the fck out of my life" and "stop with the doggone govt regulation of everything".

Trump promising to MAKE companies move this or that - it's bad news.   

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »
a presiden'ts job isn't to stick his nose into US firms and "get them" to do ANYTHING.

I think the problem with today's republicans is that they don't have the base conservative ideals like "keep the govt the fck out of my life" and "stop with the doggone govt regulation of everything".

Trump promising to MAKE companies move this or that - it's bad news.  

a president's job isn't to force things for certain. I don't mind him being pro-american at all, seeing as he wants to be the american president

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »
He said "I will get Apple to..."
A U.S. preaident attempting to "get" companies to do anything sure as shit isn't capitalism. 

All the financial penalties he promised for ford, etc... Sure sounds like massive increases in regulation. 

Stop pretending obama is free trade, anti-regulation, or conservative in any way

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 01:00:15 PM »
He said "I will get Apple to..."
A U.S. preaident attempting to "get" companies to do anything sure as shit isn't capitalism. 

All the financial penalties he promised for ford, etc... Sure sounds like massive increases in regulation. 

Stop pretending obama is free trade, anti-regulation, or conservative in any way

???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 01:36:08 PM »
???

lol sorry, trump.  they're so similar in terms of positions on trade and regulation, I can't be sure.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »
lol sorry, trump.  they're so similar in terms of positions on trade and regulation, I can't be sure.

Just making sure I understand what you are saying.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »
Just making sure I understand what you are saying.

Trump keeps saying "I'm a big free trade guy".

But he also keeps saying he is going to deliver monster tariffs, punish companies that move out for mnfg, etc.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 04:04:26 PM »
240 in 2008 it was Palin bashing x 1000 now its Trump AND Palin bashing x 10000000 and making up shit as he goes along.....hahahahahahaha hahaha.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
240 in 2008 it was Palin bashing x 1000 now its Trump AND Palin bashing x 10000000 and making up shit as he goes along.....hahahahahahaha hahaha.

what did I make up?

Palin isn't tea party/conservative.   She's populist/nationalist now.  Completely changed.

And Trump?   LOL you can't look in the mirror and say he's a conservative either.  He's a RINO liberal who wants a wall.  He's a "strong leader" whose policies are big spending and HUGE govt involvement in private industry.

This is worse than the obamabots, because at least obama promised lib policy that libs liked.  Trump is telling us he'd deliver some pretty liberal things, and repubs cheer anyway.   Palin is just the ignorant icing on the cake, she's funny.  But Trump?  He's not a real republican, and I haven't heard you say otherwise ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 06:37:58 AM »
third problem

Extract foot from mouth.  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  :-X