Author Topic: gear and finisteride  (Read 1776 times)

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
gear and finisteride
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:13:34 AM »
i am currently taking proscar as a preventative to baldness.  it runs in the genes and im really trying to delay it as long as possible...it would suck to be 22 and bald.  i am 5'7 and 210lbs and have competed in 7 contests to this point, and placed no lower than 5th.  i am currently natural, but i am planning on running a cycle very soon.  i have done my research and know a good amount.  my question is that if i go on gear with proscar/propecia, will the effects of the gear be diminished, or will the proscar still be effective while on the cycle.  i have been trying to find legitimate info on this, but i havent, yet.  the baldness factor is really the only thing preventing me from going on.  any information would be appreciated.  thank you.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: gear and finisteride
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 10:00:52 AM »
Propecia (finasteride) is a competitor and specific inhibitor of steroid Type II5alpha-reductase, the intracellular enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT (5alpha-dihydrotestosterone).  It blocks the peripheral conversion, then, of test to DHT.

It has no affinity for the androgen receptor and has no antiandrogenic effects, nor does it have any androgenic, estrogenic, antiestrogenic or progestational effects.  I think you would be OK taking it with AAS, and many here do.

In the end, though, it's probably an inevitability for you.  I say loose the proscar, go for the shaved head look and grow like the muthufu*ker you know you can be...

;D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »
2 issues:
1. If you think you are already going bald, I would not use steroids, and use finasteride.  Gear is expensive, and the results go away after using.  The baldness will not go away.  Look at all the retired pros: they are all small (except Dillet).  Not worth the risk.  Also, say you were to go bald at 30.  Using steroids will make that occur ealier, 27, 25...  Chicks want hair, they do not want muscle (all they want is a 6 pack!!) .
2. finasteride inhibits DHT, which I think, is responsible for test's androgenic actions.  Using it will prevent balding, and growth of your prostate, and I would say inhibit test's affects on your muscles....to some extent. 
I would stay clean, keep your hair longer, and be healthier.
you are gay.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:26:14 PM »
Or you can run a cycle with Deca or Anavar or Primobolan-- all of which wont effect or will have minimal effects on your hairline....

Not sure about the sides you may get....Decadick does'nt happen to everyone...your call

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »
i was wondering if because finasteride prevents the conversion to DHT if it would lessen the effects of test. but the test would still give me results, correct? im really torn on this issue.  i know i can go alot farther in bodybuilding, i have done well this far, but i also want to look good and get girls.  the baldness factor is what gets me..i dont think id look good with a shaved head.  so if going on gear and finasteride at the same time would prevent hairloss/prostate enlargement, as well as allow the test to work to its full potential than im def. gonna go on.  but if i can still lose my hair and/or the test will become useless than i guess i have a decision to make.  are there other alternatives that you guys can give me...gear wise? thanks alot for the help fellas.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 01:35:08 PM »
i was wondering if because finasteride prevents the conversion to DHT if it would lessen the effects of test. but the test would still give me results, correct? im really torn on this issue.  i know i can go alot farther in bodybuilding, i have done well this far, but i also want to look good and get girls.  the baldness factor is what gets me..i dont think id look good with a shaved head.  so if going on gear and finasteride at the same time would prevent hairloss/prostate enlargement, as well as allow the test to work to its full potential than im def. gonna go on.  but if i can still lose my hair and/or the test will become useless than i guess i have a decision to make.  are there other alternatives that you guys can give me...gear wise? thanks alot for the help fellas.

I just gave u other gear options that do not cause baldness......Test causes you to go bald.  Proscar can help you not lose as much hair, make you lose the same hair you would without it, or completely save your hair.  It is all up to your genetics.

BTW....do not use proscar when using Deca.  And you wont need it for Var or Primo

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 01:50:22 PM »
how come i shouldnt use proscar on deca?

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 01:52:47 PM »
if i do decide to go on test with proscar, will its dht inhibiting properites negate the effects of the test, or will the test be just as effective?

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »
how come i shouldnt use proscar on deca?

If you do not use finasteride, then nandrolone is converted in the scalp to a less-potent compound. So to a very substantial extent it is deactivated. But if you use finasteride then this deactivation does not take place and the scalp sees full strength nandrolone. Nandrolone then becomes comparable to other synthetics with regard to effect on hair.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »
In the end, though, it's probably an inevitability for you.  I say loose the proscar, go for the shaved head look and grow like the muthufu*ker you know you can be...

^Sad to say, but I agree with Freaker.

MPB is something you can't fight.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...