Author Topic: Lets learn some stuff!  (Read 14545 times)

myseone

• Getbig III
Re: Lets learn some stuff!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 10:04:15 PM »
the one thing i have earned during the time ive trained is........"leave your ego at the door".   thats the biggest one for me.

Wipe down your equipment after you sweat on it,

Take the 100lbs off the leg press so the lil old lady or big guy can use it,

Don't read a newpaper while sitting on the machine between sets

Don;t stare at the hottie in the skin tight cloths, because shes laughing at you

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »
EAT LESS

bodybuidling nutritional advice is intended for 250lb roid monsters.  For naturals eating 6 meals a day just means getting fat.

-sS

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »
EAT LESS

bodybuidling nutritional advice is intended for 250lb roid monsters.  For naturals eating 6 meals a day just means getting fat.

-sS

Your kidding right?

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 11:14:38 PM »
I realised along time ago not to worry about how much weight I use and concentrate on form and feeling the muscle work. I've gotten much better results doing this although I still love to go heavy from time to time...

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 06:47:50 AM »
Your kidding right?

nope no joke

when I started eating less I dropped from 176 to 150 (at 5'9"), got stronger on the big lifts and kept all of my muscle.  It wasn't hard, just eat 3 normal meals a day, now I have a full chrismas tree, shredded glutes, decent quad seperation, and much improved vascularity all over.  I can't tell youy how much of a relief it is not to be hunting for lean protein all day, and not having to worry that I haven't eaten in 2 hours.

Not to mention my strength relative to bodyweight has skyrocketed.  I Know myseone that you lift extremely heavy poundages, but I'm doing weight for me that is very good.  chins with 90lbs (almost 2/3 my bodyweight) hanging for 3 reps, dips with the same weight for 4, 18 HSPUs, getting close to a full planche hold, and a full lever hold.

Bast175

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 07:40:44 AM »
Then you're more of a fitness guy than a bodybuilder SS.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
Then you're more of a fitness guy than a bodybuilder SS.

Hey don't insult me:) 

I eat probably 7 times a day and I seem to lost weight-have crazy vascularity and great seperation.  Eating that many times means your metabolism is working faster...a good thing for all dieters (naturals included) just don't gorge yourself at every meal and I guarantee you'll lose weight.
Jennifer

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 12:52:03 PM »
I had a helluva breakfast!
2 packets of oatmeal
5 whole eggs with 1 scoop of optimum whey, a teaspoon of fiber and 2 oz of milk

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »
nope no joke

when I started eating less I dropped from 176 to 150 (at 5'9"), got stronger on the big lifts and kept all of my muscle.  It wasn't hard, just eat 3 normal meals a day, now I have a full Christmas tree, shredded glutes, decent quad separation, and much improved vascularity all over.  I can't tell youy how much of a relief it is not to be hunting for lean protein all day, and not having to worry that I haven't eaten in 2 hours.

Not to mention my strength relative to bodyweight has skyrocketed.  I Know myseone that you lift extremely heavy poundages, but I'm doing weight for me that is very good.  chins with 90lbs (almost 2/3 my bodyweight) hanging for 3 reps, dips with the same weight for 4, 18 HSPUs, getting close to a full planche hold, and a full lever hold.

Awesome that you have found what works well for you, thats what we all should strive for.

I didn't say your kidding because I believe that eating only three times a day doesn't work, I know it does as I've done it in the past for years with great success. I said your kidding because you said that eating 6 meals a day is only for 250lb mass monsters, I don't agree with that.

I think that the most important factor is caloric intake, more so than the exact ratios of nutrients, or frequent feedings. You said that you cut back your meals to three, that right there caused your calories to drop which led to fat loss.

For me its easier to eat more frequently as I don't have a big appetite and get full quickly, so I spread my calories throughout the day.

I definitely feel that the meal frequency thing has been pushed by the magazines to promote meal replacements and protein shake purchases.

By the way, I actually have cut back on the poundages that I lift, choosing instead to make use of slower rep speeds, higher reps, pre-exhaust, etc... The change has actual worked really well in terms on an increase in muscle mass and strength endurance, not to mention the potential stress on the connective tissue and bone structure.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 09:00:21 PM »
Myseone, I agree with what you said pretty much.  Thing Is I have a desk job and spend a lot of time vegetating in front of the internet so it is really easy to go along time without eating during the day.  Then at night I can cluster my meals around my workout so I have plenty of energy even though my caloric intake is much reduced.  I mainly recomend 3 meals a day because I figure it's easier, but I definitely agree that there is nothing magic about 3, and for the most part I feel that a calorie is just a calorie so long as a reasonable percentage of your daily intake is nutritious.

BTW, how long have you been training hard?

-sS

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2006, 09:21:57 PM »
Myseone, I agree with what you said pretty much.  Thing Is I have a desk job and spend a lot of time vegetating in front of the internet so it is really easy to go along time without eating during the day.  Then at night I can cluster my meals around my workout so I have plenty of energy even though my caloric intake is much reduced.  I mainly recomend 3 meals a day because I figure it's easier, but I definitely agree that there is nothing magic about 3, and for the most part I feel that a calorie is just a calorie so long as a reasonable percentage of your daily intake is nutritious.

BTW, how long have you been training hard?

-sS

I understand, I would prity much do the same in your situation.

Me working out? Way too long. I've been training hard for about 17 years, it took me about 10 years to get to aproximately 225lbs lean from a body weight of 155lbs. If I knew before what I know now I beleive I could have reached my highest bodyweight in a year and a half. 20/20 hindsight I guess.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 03:23:05 PM »
If you wanna be unhealthy huh? why is that?

Aren't we smart enough here to realize that "cardio" can be done in many different ways. What's the point of so called cardio? To raise your heart rate. When you circuit train with weights you're lifting at a pace that raises your heart rate just the same as so called cardio does and you're also not wasting your time or your muscles.

Here's the workout I'm about to go do.

-3X  Incline dumbell presses & seated dumbell curls superset
NO REST between sets... one set for chest, one set for bi's

-3X Decline cable flyes &  cable curls
NO REST between sets same as above

-3X Bar dips & incline dumbell curls

8 sets of triceps exercises 30-40 seconds rest between sets

This whole workout is done with no rest between sets exept for when i get to triceps.

Pro's can do tons of cardio because of good genetics and drugs. If regular people did that much cardio they'd lose a lot of muscle.

One of my other workouts is legs and shoulder supersets. 12 sets for legs and 12 sets for shoulders taking turns non stop. That's real cardio.

gibber, now i know why you look like shit.  sorry bro, but you will never be able to put on much muscle mass training like that.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 03:43:49 PM »
i didn't say anything about putting on mass with THAT routine fool

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 03:38:47 AM »
If you wanna be unhealthy huh? why is that?

Aren't we smart enough here to realize that "cardio" can be done in many different ways. What's the point of so called cardio? To raise your heart rate. When you circuit train with weights you're lifting at a pace that raises your heart rate just the same as so called cardio does and you're also not wasting your time or your muscles.

Here's the workout I'm about to go do.

-3X  Incline dumbell presses & seated dumbell curls superset
NO REST between sets... one set for chest, one set for bi's

-3X Decline cable flyes &  cable curls

-3X Bar dips & incline dumbell curls

8 sets of triceps exercises 30-40 seconds rest between sets

This whole workout is done with no rest between sets exept for when i get to triceps.

Pro's can do tons of cardio because of good genetics and drugs. If regular people did that much cardio they'd lose a lot of muscle.

One of my other workouts is legs and shoulder supersets. 12 sets for legs and 12 sets for shoulders taking turns non stop. That's real cardio.
Sorry gibber, but I disagree with circuit training if you are trying to gain mass. Anyone knows that the muscle has to be put under a certain amount of stress to "get it to grow". With no rest between sets, there is NO WAY you can put forth effort of 75% to 80% of one rep max for 8-10reps. If you're just trying to "avoid cardio work" then yes circuit training is a way to go. But I'm betting most of the people here are trying to GET BIG.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 12:50:41 PM »
A big tip for beginners especially is to watch your form if you continously strain a muscle your doing something wrong.  Ask a a veteran around in your gym to take a look at your form.  When first starting to work out do not add weight in sacrafice of form.  Add weight but only when your form can be correct at the weight you are using

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »
i was trying to lose fat for a short period of time. not any more.

Shinobi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 04:56:47 AM »
whats wrong with flat benching ? ???

mancow

• Getbig II
  • moo
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
This site is full of good tips for natural bodybuilders http://www.rippednaturally.com/

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2006, 08:02:27 PM »
yea but none of the guys in that picture are natural.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 09:38:12 AM »
Dont listen to Joe schmo trainer at the local gym.  Most trainers are not even certified. You will be better off reading info yourself on line or talking to a trainer that is certified and looks like he works out. 

Remember what works for one guy may not necessarily work for you stick with the basics as a beginner.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 09:43:33 AM »
i think stick with the basics, and if something is to easy dont do it. if your doing am exercise for legs and your back hurts. your probaly doing it wrong.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 09:46:34 AM »
a trainer that is certified by whom? have you seen the material for those tests? a lot of the info sucks.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 02:08:06 PM »
Its true most trainers do suck! And most you wonder if they even work out.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:06 PM »
As you get stronger, you should decrease the frequency of your workouts.  Especially with exercises like squats and deadlifts.  The lower back can take 2-3 weeks to recover after a heavy workout.

Dat.Boi

• Getbig I
  • weights before dates
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 10:55:19 PM »
stuffed up my shoudlers dunno how started with home weights didnt really know the right form so i screwed em up i went to physio but he didnt do ne thign really i think i might go get an MRI  scan to fund out what problem is