Author Topic: Lets learn some stuff!  (Read 14525 times)

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Lets learn some stuff!
« on: March 13, 2006, 01:34:48 PM »
Okay post your mistakes here any problems in your training that you have since corrected post them here. So that we can all learn something.

Infact you can post anything which you think would be helpful to others.

I'd say the most important thing I've learned is that it's more important how you do the exercises than which exercises you do. So if you can't feel your chest when you bench press and you end up thrashing your deltoids there are 3 sensible options.

1) Learn to do it properly
2) Don't do it at all
3) Include bench Presses in your deltoid workout

Bast175

Re: Lets learn some stuff!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
use a wider grip

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »
don't ever flat bench. Wish someone told me that 3 years ago!

Bast175

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:49:02 PM »

I disagree.  Maybe for some guys but it works well for me.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:08:58 PM »
Going to failure on every set is not always necessary, although you should often push at least one exercise every
work out.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »
dont do cardio. circuit train. it's the same thing for your heart but it's with weights and it's not catabolic.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 09:04:48 AM »
Don't take a s**t within an hour of working out....

Bast175

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 09:38:55 AM »
dont do cardio. circuit train. it's the same thing for your heart but it's with weights and it's not catabolic.

yea if you want to be unhealthy, small and out of shape.

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »
havent done it in a year and dont miss it

Don't take a s**t within an hour of working out....

i always clear the bowels before legs.  Otherwise i risk shitting myself on leg presses.
[img]http://ima

Bast175

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 10:15:05 AM »
i always clear the bowels before legs.  Otherwise i risk shitting myself on leg presses.

I don't get that one either.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
havent done it in a year and dont miss it

Dang, especially on legs, if I take a s**t before I workout I lose a lot of energy.  Same with my partner.  Kinda wierd.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 02:44:46 PM »
for gods sake dip and chin.

also cycle your weights, every so often. think of it as trying to break down a wall, u can just stand and batter it, or u can take up a big run up and get a lot furthur.

at times less is often more. not always tho. u wont know unless you try.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 04:31:39 PM »
If you wanna be unhealthy huh? why is that?

Aren't we smart enough here to realize that "cardio" can be done in many different ways. What's the point of so called cardio? To raise your heart rate. When you circuit train with weights you're lifting at a pace that raises your heart rate just the same as so called cardio does and you're also not wasting your time or your muscles.

Here's the workout I'm about to go do.

-3X  Incline dumbell presses & seated dumbell curls superset
NO REST between sets... one set for chest, one set for bi's

-3X Decline cable flyes &  cable curls
NO REST between sets same as above

-3X Bar dips & incline dumbell curls

8 sets of triceps exercises 30-40 seconds rest between sets

This whole workout is done with no rest between sets exept for when i get to triceps.

Pro's can do tons of cardio because of good genetics and drugs. If regular people did that much cardio they'd lose a lot of muscle.

One of my other workouts is legs and shoulder supersets. 12 sets for legs and 12 sets for shoulders taking turns non stop. That's real cardio.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 10:17:24 PM »
Here's a few

Learn as much as you can about weight training, read from as many different sources as you can, use what seems logical and test them in the trenches.

Don't get stuck on what one particular guru preaches because as much as he/she knows he/she will not know everything.

Obvious but many ignire this one; if you get pain (the bad kind) from doing a particular exercise in good form subsitute it for one that does'nt cause pain, Ignoring it will not make it go away.

Bast175

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »
If you wanna be unhealthy huh? why is that?

Aren't we smart enough here to realize that "cardio" can be done in many different ways. What's the point of so called cardio? To raise your heart rate. When you circuit train with weights you're lifting at a pace that raises your heart rate just the same as so called cardio does and you're also not wasting your time or your muscles.

Here's the workout I'm about to go do.

-3X  Incline dumbell presses & seated dumbell curls superset
NO REST between sets... one set for chest, one set for bi's

-3X Decline cable flyes &  cable curls

-3X Bar dips & incline dumbell curls

8 sets of triceps exercises 30-40 seconds rest between sets

This whole workout is done with no rest between sets exept for when i get to triceps.

Pro's can do tons of cardio because of good genetics and drugs. If regular people did that much cardio they'd lose a lot of muscle.

One of my other workouts is legs and shoulder supersets. 12 sets for legs and 12 sets for shoulders taking turns non stop. That's real cardio.

That workout is terrible.  Resting so little will only mean you'll have to use less weight meaning less stimulation on the muscles.   Secondly, your heart rate won't get high enough to be effective cardio.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »
you dont know what you're talking about because you dont try it. it's a workout for when you're trying to cut down. you do raise your heart rate to the 120-130 level... i would know because i do the workout. if it's not raising your heart rate your pace is too slow and your poundage is too low. why would i wanna stimulate muscle growth when i'm trying to lose fat? also when one is not trying to lose fat they dont need to do cardio. cardio as most people know it is catabolic. the guys on steroids don't have a problem with it but others do; like me. this health stuff with cardio is extremely over rated. oh my heart isn't strong enough... i'm gonna get a heart attack. that's nonsense. people are getting heart attacks because they eat like shit. people who lift weights have better cardio capacity than the average folks which is good enough for what you're doing... building muscles. it's not about running marathons here. if you wanna train as an athelete then run but it has to have a purpose.

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 05:40:01 AM »
Taking gibberj2 as a case study; never do circuit training. Ever.
Cardio @ 3mph for the win.
young niggah greedy

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 06:39:16 AM »
Check out www.npa-bodybuilding.co.uk in the articles section entitled Muscle Metamorphosis.It advocates getting into contest shape without cardio but by reducing rest periods between sets.Interesting stuff.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »
Check out www.npa-bodybuilding.co.uk in the articles section entitled Muscle Metamorphosis.It advocates getting into contest shape without cardio but by reducing rest periods between sets.Interesting stuff.

I agree cardio does not have to be done to get ripped. I have achieved competition development without doing cardio and I know other competitors who do none also. Its really a matter of burning more calories than you take in, which can be done with weight training.

Of course there is more than one way to skin a cat.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 09:08:19 PM »
Dang, especially on legs, if I take a s**t before I workout I lose a lot of energy.  Same with my partner.  Kinda wierd.

???
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 09:44:56 PM »
you dont know what you're talking about because you dont try it. it's a workout for when you're trying to cut down. you do raise your heart rate to the 120-130 level... i would know because i do the workout. if it's not raising your heart rate your pace is too slow and your poundage is too low. why would i wanna stimulate muscle growth when i'm trying to lose fat? also when one is not trying to lose fat they dont need to do cardio. cardio as most people know it is catabolic. the guys on steroids don't have a problem with it but others do; like me. this health stuff with cardio is extremely over rated. oh my heart isn't strong enough... i'm gonna get a heart attack. that's nonsense. people are getting heart attacks because they eat like shit. people who lift weights have better cardio capacity than the average folks which is good enough for what you're doing... building muscles. it's not about running marathons here. if you wanna train as an athelete then run but it has to have a purpose.

Oh wow, this is horrible advice.  Cardio isn't catabolic if you back it up with sound nutrition. Take some complex carbs w/ some protein ior BCAA's pre cardio, and also take some protein n carbs post cardio. Also, I've found high intensity cardio in the range of 16-20 minutes will melt fat, and not breakdown any muscle whatsoever.  Being catabolic is mainly from dieting.  WEIGHT TRAINING should NEVER be considered as an AEROBIC exercise. OVERLOAD builds muscles, Bast was right, if your not resting long enough, you're gonna be lifting pussy weights.  You ask "Why would I wanna stimulate muscle growth when I'm trying to lose fat?" well, the more muscle you build, the more calories you'll burn period. Muscles can only do 3 things: they can grow in response to heavier loads placed upon em, stay the same (using the same weights all the time), or 3: they can shrink in response to lighter loads (i.e-lifting light weight!).
Team Willet
Max-OT

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 12:24:21 AM »
juice to the max for max growth

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 01:33:26 AM »
that's why vince gironda didn't believe in so called cardio and he is considered the best trainer of all time for natural bodybuilders anyway.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 03:30:07 PM »
1. free wieghts rule
2. eat whole foods  most overeat though
3. learn to know when adding more pounds on the scale doesnt help your body anymore most pros dont know this lol.
4. squats deadlifts do not make your waist bigger the 20 pounds u just gained in 4 months did it would have grown with machine rows and hack squats. hate that statment from people about waists getting bigger.
5. dont rush wieght gain. anyway u slice it real muscle is gained slow even though ive heard on alot of new trends of gaining 40 pounds in a year but they are bloated as a seal which ? doesnt prove to me muscle gains are speeded up
6. u dont have to follow the current trend, dorian spoke about this saying how new bbs dont do shit on there own someone makes there diet makes there drug regimine plans out there workouts. kinda takes the fun out of trial and error when someone is doing everything for you i even see the current champ having someone changing the wieghts for him wtf.
7.4 days is good for most trainers. recovery gets longer with age.
8. powerlifting is awsome,for mass

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 06:38:39 PM »
the one thing i have earned during the time ive trained is........"leave your ego at the door".   thats the biggest one for me.
d[-_-]b actin all cool