Author Topic: twinlab  (Read 2224 times)

rayrod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
twinlab
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:00:36 PM »
Does anyone use twinlab?  If so, which ones have you had good luck with and which ones should we stay away from

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: twinlab
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »
Does anyone use twinlab?  If so, which ones have you had good luck with and which ones should we stay away from
I've used their calcium for years, quality product.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:02 PM »
Twinlab is a good company nowadays.  They make just about every neutritional supplemetn u can get.  Well in stores that is.  Everything from green tea to antioxidents, to protein to hair products. 

Wait for it....

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
twinlab = oldschool..
I used to use Aminofuel 2000..
Back in highschool :o
are they still around ??? ???

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »
They disappeared for a while but if u go into ...say a vitamin shoppe.  U will see a twinlab product on every single shelf and every section. 

I was baffled by how many twinlab products i saw in there.  It seemed like more twinlab products then vitaminshoppe ones. lol

Wait for it....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 06:42:21 AM »

If you use weight-gainers, Mass Fuel is a great product. The only drawback is that it's rather sweet (especially the Vanilla kind) and extremely lumpy, unless the texture of the powder has been changed.

Mass Fuel is milk-and-egg-protein based, with 50 grams of that protein per serving, along with 100 grams of carbs and a little fat.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 06:22:40 PM »
i always felt they were (still are) a good company and i liked their "fuel" line.  i beleive they filed for bankruptcy a few years back.  they fell off the map, so to speak, after that. 

this is pure speculation on my part but they never could seem to take a position on where they stood in the bodybuilding industry. i think that hurt their sales in the long run.

they still make plenty of quality vitamins and herbs.

If you use weight-gainers, Mass Fuel is a great product. The only drawback is that it's rather sweet (especially the Vanilla kind) and extremely lumpy, unless the texture of the powder has been changed.

Mass Fuel is milk-and-egg-protein based, with 50 grams of that protein per serving, along with 100 grams of carbs and a little fat.

i used this product years ago and i did like it...do they still make it?

rayrod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »
they must, they advertise with lee priest.    thats why i'm interested in them.   most companies prosper when they sign big name bodybuilders but twinlab seems like they haven't

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »
Twinlab's ol school, it seems they've fallen off. I'm not really a big fan of their products as well.  They haven't come out with anything good lately, mostly gimmicky supplements like their Nitrate Fuel Shot (liquid arginine), andro nitrate fuel 4 (trib n eurycoma longjack in small amounts) and their trib fuel is very weak as well (250 mg trib per tab).  One supplement I liked was the MRP Nitrate Fuel, but for some reason they discontinued it. Is was bout 42 grams of protein, 24 grams of a multi wholegrain carb source and it also had EFA's. Other than that, I think they're sports nutrition line up sucks. For example: Glutamine Fuel (it's not cost efficient in capsule form), Glutamine powder (it has silica added as a filler, WTF) Creatine Nitrate Fuel (Ugh real nasty n thick) Amino Fuel (capsule and liquid, all garbage) It's a shame cuz they've been around since day 1. Hope they make a comeback!
Team Willet
Max-OT

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 06:42:22 AM »
i always felt they were (still are) a good company and i liked their "fuel" line.  i beleive they filed for bankruptcy a few years back.  they fell off the map, so to speak, after that. 

this is pure speculation on my part but they never could seem to take a position on where they stood in the bodybuilding industry. i think that hurt their sales in the long run.

they still make plenty of quality vitamins and herbs.

i used this product years ago and i did like it...do they still make it?

Yes, they do. Your best bet for finding it would be to go to Vitamin Shoppe. As it has done with the rest of its product, Twinlab has re-packaged Mass Fuel in a silver-and-black label. However, I'm not sure if the formula has been upgraded.