Author Topic: Jose Canseco and Ken Caminiti-what are your opinions on the guys who came clean?  (Read 7257 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think they did the right thing. True Canseco profited handsomely by writing his book. But now I think the sport has been forced to clean itself up. That worm Selig can't hide his head in the sand anymore. Baseball is getting so much bad press over this. Stats are sacred in baseball way more so than other sports but guys with superhuman strength from the sauce and guys who can only DH have who should have retired but can still swing the bat have skewed the record books.
The House that Ruth built

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think they did the right thing. True Canseco profited handsomely by writing his book. But now I think the sport has been forced to clean itself up. That worm Selig can't hide his head in the sand anymore. Baseball is getting so much bad press over this. Stats are sacred in baseball way more so than other sports but guys with superhuman strength from the sauce and guys who can only DH have who should have retired but can still swing the bat have skewed the record books.

Even if you have no moral stance, per se, about the use of anabolics in sports, what exactly is noble about Canseco or Caminiti "coming clean"?

Both of them did so, not during the prime of their careers, but LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG after their days in the sun were done.....LOOOOOOOOONNNNN G after making the millions, setting the records,  winning the World titles, etc.

Neither one has/had to give up the money or the rings, for admitting to steroid use post-career, something they likely would NOT have done during their heyday.

If anything, the "tell-all" books are merely another way to squeeze extra dollars out of the baseball fans.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
I agree with Mcway

I also agree with the two guys though, great idea to profit on this. 

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
i dont want anyone doing steriods ........except of course for my team !
CENSORED BY RON !

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Not that it matters in the big picture, but for the integrity of the game, Bonds should come clean.  He's already going into the record book with an* besides his name and #'s.  It might give him back a little honor that's sliding away every time he opens his mouth.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Jose's cool, it would have come out anyway. He knew it and wanted to capitalize when his info would be at a premium-if he'd have waited a year or two later, it wouldn't have had the same impact given what's come out since.

Bonds is a turd; coming clean now won't have much effect, it's too late.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
I couldn't really care less for baseball, but I think Canseco's awesome.. I love his view on using gear and agree with him totally.

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
Who the fuck cares if they use roids in the first place?
young niggah greedy

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Jose's cool, it would have come out anyway. He knew it and wanted to capitalize when his info would be at a premium-if he'd have waited a year or two later, it wouldn't have had the same impact given what's come out since.

Bonds is a turd; coming clean now won't have much effect, it's too late.

Jose is a lot smarter than people gave him credit for.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
it's official  steroids and hgh = homeruns. witness bradwilkerson 04=32 hrs. 05= 11hrs. adrian beltre 48 hrs in 04. in 05 19 hrs. carlos beltran 38 hrs. 04 . in 05 16 hrs. sammy say it isn't sosa 04 35 hrs and in 05 14 dingers 06 retirement. is it a coincidence in a players free agent year they have a huge production spike i think not. sammy made some 123 million dollars in his career unlike bodybuilding steroid use{abuse} is highly lucreative in baseball.
F

dirk digler

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Who the f**k cares if they use roids in the first place?
Maybe anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the game!

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(

How does roid use break it's integrity?
What a fucking retarded argument.
Me, if I were in charge, I'd have everybody on roids so I could see more super-human shit.
young niggah greedy

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo

they all try to cheat in some way

I heard Sean Casey does eye exercises to improve his eyesight

if you can't see the ball you can't hit it

they didn't have those when Babe Ruth played and you can bet not every player in the game today does these exercises

by the way I don't think caminiti profited in anyway by coming clean unlike canseco

E
E

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit

correctamundo
a

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
It's like admitting to an affair five years after being divorced.]

It didn't take any courage whatsoever because there was nothing at risk.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Not that it matters in the big picture, but for the integrity of the game, Bonds should come clean.  He's already going into the record book with an* besides his name and #'s.  It might give him back a little honor that's sliding away every time he opens his mouth.

Again, there's no point. He still keeps the millions and the home run record, as you can't retro-test anybody. Until he officially tests positive under baseball doping procedures, there's little that can be done about Bonds.

pumpster

• Getbig V
Again, there's no point. He still keeps the millions and the home run record, as you can't retro-test anybody.

Wrong, you've missed the point. The records they've confiscated are in such detail that they basically amount to the type of back-test that various international track & field bodies have used to remove records and medals after the fact.

Your take is too narrow and literal, ignores the moral issue that goes to the integrity of any sport and transcends simple rules and regs that may or may not be in place.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
this is a game that would not let black men play till about 60 years ago ! lol !
let them all do steriods !
CENSORED BY RON !

Mr. Intenseone

Are you an idiot or just misinformed? Caminiti's been dead for 2 years!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wrong, you've missed the point. The records they've confiscated are in such detail that they basically amount to the type of back-test that various international track & field bodies have used to remove records and medals after the fact.

Your take is too narrow and literal, ignores the moral issue that goes to the integrity of any sport and transcends simple rules and regs that may or may not be in place.

At the time Bonds set the home-run record, there was NO steroid-testing policy of any kind. Even if he were to test positive NOW, you can't use that to say, he was taking anabolics when he clobbered 71 runs over the fence.

And as stated earlier, Bonds does not have to return ONE RED CENT of the money he's earned.

The "moral" issue is whether or not Bonds broke any baseball rules, when he set that record. And, the simple answer is "NO". If Major League Baseball adopts an anti-alcohol policy or anti-womanizer policy next year, does that mean that Babe Ruth's records get wiped off the charts?

Cheating is simply breaking the rules. If the rules aren't there to be broken in the first place, there's no cheating. The issue is NOT drug use. If it were, that would me that whatever records Darryl Strawberry or Dwight Gooden set would be stricken from the records.

pumpster

• Getbig V
The records confiscated show that he was using while setting the record. Quite viable to either remove the record, as track & field has done, or put an asterisk.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Exactly, its like you work your balls off in a natural powerlifting and they suddenly let a guy who juices in and he outlifts you by 150 pounds in the bench and its still called a natural contest. Or comparing the raw bench records of Kaz and saying these guys who wear these benchshirts who lift more than Kaz did are stronger than him. Not FAIR.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

That question has no value, unless you ask it outside a b.b site.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this is a game that would not let black men play till about 60 years ago ! lol !

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

60 years ago they didn't let black men do ANYTHING.