Author Topic: WBF vs New Pro Divsion  (Read 6041 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
WBF vs New Pro Divsion
« on: March 14, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »
How will this survive? WBF had huge pockets, a weekly TV show, theatrics and no following..

What is Pro Division doing to not be the next WBF? Will athletes want to risk jumping ship in fear of the WBF 2?

Speak on this?

I'll give the floor to 240 as he seems to be the fountain of information or misinformation....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: WBF vs New Pro Divsion
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 10:11:02 AM »
Pro Division Bodybuilding has Wayne DeMilla, who made the Olympia and Grand Prix events run for years and years.

Pro Division BBing has the web.

If WBF had getbig.com and other web boards back then, it's chances of survival would have been much better.  Keep in mind the results will be surprising (We can already predict top 4 at the O today, can't we?  No clue who will take top 4 at the Pro Division).

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:14:20 AM »
Pros underestimate the impact of the internet for their sport... listening to Branch, I like the guy and the physique but he is ignorant to the boards... and also alot of pros who are against the boards are just loosing out on the potential markets.
L

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 10:20:15 AM »
Any comparison to the WBF is way off-base. Vince McMahon knew nothing about the bodybuilding industry (other than juicing). The WBF was mismanaged and mismarketed and they only had one contest per year. They paid their guys salaries which negated the athletes' incentives to train, juice, and diet hard. They drug-tested their show the second year and most of the competitors looked worse than True Adonis after a visit to McDonalds. And as you know, an unlimited budget has nothing to do with success. What does the IFBB do with their budget? Do they advertise the Mr. Olympia on television? Do they promote bodybuilding in the media in any way? The WBF thought they could convert pro wrestling fans to bodybuilding, which was silly because everyone knows pro wrestling is real and bodybuilding is fake.

PDI will hold 6-10 contests per year. In Wayne D., they have someone with tons of knowledge and experience in the bodybuilding industry. He knows how to line up sponsors. IFBB Promoters haven't been particularly successful in the past few years. Lots of shows (GNC, Toronto, etc..) have been cancelled, contest winners have been stiffed by promoters, and audiences are thinning.  If there is significant prize money to be won, there will be IFBB pros who will leave. 80% of the IFBB pros have not ever won a penny in competition, so what's their incentive to remain? Once a guy like Melvin Anthony sees a guy like Jason Arntz picking up $20,000 in prize money per show, do you really think Melvin will be content to make $3,000 by taking third at the Ironman?  There will be a mass exodus from the IFBB. They can still secure endorsements if the magazines don't violate anti-trust laws. They can still call themselves a 'PRO'.  The only question will be if Ron gives PDI PROs 5 BLUE STARS. Or, as I suggest, 5 GREEN STARS.

Special "$$$$$" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »
5 Green Stars = Genius.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »
Wow, Special "Smarty-Pants" Ed is really smart!
Way to blow your image dammit!

I think Ed took his Ginko Biloba this morning.

I really hope the Pro Div does take off but that there ISN'T the mass exodus that some think. Competition is good for everyone, more venues, better ticket prices etc etc

Only time will tell....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
The only way the IFBB pros will go to the PDI is if their leader Chic goes.  he is their Yoda, Pied Piper, Gingus Khan, and yes Oprah.  Unless he makes the leap over the tracks to the PDI then the IFBB will sink lower and lower.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 12:00:38 PM »
Any comparison to the WBF is way off-base. Vince McMahon knew nothing about the bodybuilding industry (other than juicing). The WBF was mismanaged and mismarketed and they only had one contest per year. They paid their guys salaries which negated the athletes' incentives to train, juice, and diet hard. They drug-tested their show the second year and most of the competitors looked worse than True Adonis after a visit to McDonalds. And as you know, an unlimited budget has nothing to do with success. What does the IFBB do with their budget? Do they advertise the Mr. Olympia on television? Do they promote bodybuilding in the media in any way? The WBF thought they could convert pro wrestling fans to bodybuilding, which was silly because everyone knows pro wrestling is real and bodybuilding is fake.

PDI will hold 6-10 contests per year. In Wayne D., they have someone with tons of knowledge and experience in the bodybuilding industry. He knows how to line up sponsors. IFBB Promoters haven't been particularly successful in the past few years. Lots of shows (GNC, Toronto, etc..) have been cancelled, contest winners have been stiffed by promoters, and audiences are thinning.  If there is significant prize money to be won, there will be IFBB pros who will leave. 80% of the IFBB pros have not ever won a penny in competition, so what's their incentive to remain? Once a guy like Melvin Anthony sees a guy like Jason Arntz picking up $20,000 in prize money per show, do you really think Melvin will be content to make $3,000 by taking third at the Ironman?  There will be a mass exodus from the IFBB. They can still secure endorsements if the magazines don't violate anti-trust laws. They can still call themselves a 'PRO'.  The only question will be if Ron gives PDI PROs 5 BLUE STARS. Or, as I suggest, 5 GREEN STARS.

Special "$$$$$" Ed

yes well HHH and Vince are huge fans of bodybuilding...And Vince does not like to fail at anything...I could see HHH and Vince maybe being silent partners in such a thing...HHH knows more about bodybuilding history then most of the pros competing today...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 12:07:30 PM »
For some reason there are a few people on here that are in denial about the start of this new pro org. They are trying their best to prove to other people (actually I think that they are trying to prove it more to themselves) that it doesn't exist until the show goes on.  ::) I highly doubt that Wayne is making this up out of thin air as a joke. I am also confident that Wayne knows what he is doing. Wayne has been around a long time and knows a lot of people. Comparing this to the WBF is just ridiculous. Vince knew no more about bodybuilding then Donald Trump does. Just because you have money does not guarantee a successful bodybuilding org. More announcements are on their way so we will have to sit tight and wait. Just because we don't know what is going on does not mean there isn't something in the works. Everytime that someone here thinks up a good legitimate question regarding the success of a new org. you can bet the Wayne had already thought of it and has it planned out.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »
Actually, I was thinking more about comparing it to the WPI.  ;D

PS: Klownmali won't place in the new orginization either.

Thanks for the input.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 12:14:05 PM »
Someone needs to take the reins of pro bodybuilding... it's a disaster in it's current condition. Is Wayne Demilla the person to 'right the ship'? I say no. I hope I'm wrong.
a

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »
Ron: "I am lazy."

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:19:01 PM »
Someone needs to take the reins of pro bodybuilding... it's a disaster in it's current condition. Is Wayne Demilla the person to 'right the ship'? I say no. I hope I'm wrong.

You could be right, but remember that Wayne is a businessman. In order for him to make money it has to succeed. For that to happen he needs competitors. So if stands to reason that he will have to give them incentive to compete in his shows.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 12:20:37 PM »
Rumors have been circulating that this is a fairy tale started by 240 just so he could sell more websites...

Don't shoot the messenger

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »
Pros underestimate the impact of the internet for their sport... listening to Branch, I like the guy and the physique but he is ignorant to the boards... and also alot of pros who are against the boards are just loosing out on the potential markets.

Then there are pros like Rodney St. Cloud who squeeze every dime they can out of the net........

HAHA, RON.....

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
In all honesty anyone know when this thing will truly be up and running?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »
oh god is that real

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:39 PM »
Rumors have been circulating that this is a fairy tale started by 240 just so he could sell more websites...

Don't shoot the messenger

Correct!  And not only did I start the rumor, but the conspiracy runs deeper!  I convinced Wayne DeMilla to do a bogus 71-minute interview at http://www.musclemayhem.com/podcasts/index.php?id=19 .  I convinced Mayhem to put it up on their website.   Pros even cancelled their travel/competition plans!  My power runs deeper than you all thought.  And I would have gotten away with it, if not for you pesky kids...

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »
5 Green Stars = Genius.

I still think 6 stars is in order....
Motherboy (the band).

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 02:22:51 PM »
I convinced Mayhem to put it up on their website.   

How'd you manage that?  Promise not to do any more parodies of The Chad?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 02:32:11 PM »

How'd you manage that?  Promise not to do any more parodies of The Chad?  ;D
Chad got framed like Kobe... read the transcript...

SEPTEMBER 24--For the first time in its unsanitized form, below you'll find the official 2-page transcript of the police interview of Chad Nicholls with Los Angeles County Sheriff's officials after bodybuilder Tom Prince lost both kidneys after receiving chemicals from Nicholls. During a 9-minute conversation, Mr. Nicholls was quite open and outgoing about the events that transpired.

Detective Loya: Did you ever ask him if you wanted, if you could have Mr. Prince's kidney?

Chad Nicholls: Yes. That's when he said no. That's when he said no. That's when he said no.

Loya: So what did, what did you say?

Chad Nicholls: Um, you know, that's when I asked if I could have his kidney, he said no.

Loya: So you like to take your client's kidney?

Chad Nicholls: That's my thing, I mean, so I stopped. Jesus Christ man. (Inaudible).

... (later in the tape)

Detective Winters: Did he tell you at that point, no I don't want to do this?

Chad Nicholls: No he put his hand on my scalpel and that's it, and then he started playing with that (Inaudible).

Winters: Okay. Okay. Um, did he give you blood samples or anything like that?

Chad Nicholls: Yes he did. But I knew his liver was shot already.

Winters: He did?

Chad Nicholls: He did.

Winters: For how, when did that happen?

Chad Nicholls: For like 5 years, I said um, give me your health, um, and he did.

Loya: So his kidneys lasted about 5 years?

Chad Nicholls: Yeah, it was a long time for one of my clients.

Loya: Then what happened?

Chad Nicholls: Wait not, I mean like he was, kept on taking the shots in the ass, I just told him to get up and take the needle like a man (inaudible) he didn't know what he was doing.

... (later in the tape)

Loya: How many times did you warn him it could kill him?

Chad Nicholls: Once.

Detective Winters: Okay, all right, okay. You said, when, did it stop at that point?

Chad Nicholls: Um, did I stop? (Inaudible) F**k no. I wanted that damn kidney. Both of em..... Now get me a f**king lawyer.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 02:50:24 PM »
Now I understand why no one replies to my long-winded parodies....it's too much work. READING IS TOUGH!

Special "Akilah the Bee" Ed
BigNationRadio.com