Author Topic: dr. john bosley ziegler= the reason we're all on this site.  (Read 5490 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
dr. john bosley ziegler= the reason we're all on this site.
« on: March 14, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
does this name mean anything to most readers here, it should he is the father of steroids in these here united states. in 1954 he introduced steroids to the boys at york barbell. yes john grimek was one of the first users dianabol was the drug of choice. bill march lou reike and many others used these magic pills. when the boys at york started making great gains etc. bob hoffman aka mr. york barbell attributed the strength and developement gains to isometrics. hoffman being the snake oil salesman that he was knew that he couldn't profit from the sale of steroids but by giving credit to isometrics he could sale power racks by the thousands for fun and profit. if you want to read the full story of this google in steroids and isometrics also mention dr. john zieglers name and you can read an interesting story of how the natzis developed steroids and dr john brought them here.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: dr. john bosley ziegler= the reason we're all on this site.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »
click on testoteronenation.com or google in dr.john ziegler the man behind the juice to read more, also run out and buy york muscletown usa by john fair good read on early bbing.
F

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: dr. john bosley ziegler= the reason we're all on this site.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
Funk, I'm not a pro on this subject by any means but I've discussed this subject with some knowledgeable people on a few occasions and have the understanding that steroids were initially used for burn patients during WWII at military facilities in Hawaii.

And it is interesting to note that the Hawaii Olympic Lifting Team beat the York Barbell Team in their first and only meeting way back then.

A few rumors have gone around that there is a connection there but I don't know that for a fact.