Author Topic: Pre/Post Workout Nutrition  (Read 1785 times)

acubides

• Getbig I
Pre/Post Workout Nutrition
« on: March 14, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »
I work out in the morning before work.  I wake up and drink NO-Xplode and prepare two other drinks to take with me to the gym: 1 EAS Meal Replacement Shake and the other one is Ultra Fuel mixed with 5g of Creatine Monohydrate.  I take the EAS shake immediately after my workout at my locker, then the other one when i'm done showering and get to my car.  I just recently ran out of the Ultra Fuel mix and wonder if it is necessary.  I liked the 400 calories it provided and I guess the carbs were good for repairing my muscles?

Is this a good combo for pre and post workout?  Anything else I should put in or take out?  I used to eat some egg beaters before I worked out... is that better? 

Thanks! 

p.s. Awesome forum!!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: Pre/Post Workout Nutrition
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:06:38 PM »
I work out in the morning before work.  I wake up and drink NO-Xplode and prepare two other drinks to take with me to the gym: 1 EAS Meal Replacement Shake and the other one is Ultra Fuel mixed with 5g of Creatine Monohydrate.  I take the EAS shake immediately after my workout at my locker, then the other one when i'm done showering and get to my car.  I just recently ran out of the Ultra Fuel mix and wonder if it is necessary.  I liked the 400 calories it provided and I guess the carbs were good for repairing my muscles?

Is this a good combo for pre and post workout?  Anything else I should put in or take out?  I used to eat some egg beaters before I worked out... is that better? 

Thanks! 

p.s. Awesome forum!!
if youve got an endless pocket, then the no-explpode is fine.

but for me...as i dotn have a job, and struggle to pay for gas.....i stick with a apple, diet mountain dew, or pb&j for pre workout.      never heard of someone using diet mountain dew other than me htough...so i wouldnt do that unless you get someone else to say its good too.

also...im guessing your having a meal before this right? because it would be really horrible for you to have been wasting workouts without feedin your muscles. make sure your taking in a high protein meal right when you wake up..also, lots of carbs because your gonna be training  soon.

for your post workout....im not sure what those things are your talking about.   for my post workout ddrink..i go to max muscle and i buy their protein+carb+creatines...because they are all pure, and cheap.       for 20 bucks, you can get a 100 day supply of creatine; as opposed to 70 dollars for a 20 day supply of cell tech. lol..i hate muscle tech.   their protein and carbohydrates are just as good, i fnot better, of bargains.   
d[-_-]b actin all cool