Author Topic: Bob Cicherillo appreciation thread  (Read 4258 times)

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Bob Cicherillo appreciation thread
« on: March 15, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »
I think Bob's contributions to bodybuilding have been undermined recently, especially with all of the new flames and trash talk deriving from another particular thread about his contest shape.

Regardless of his placing in that contest, he's still one of the most candid bodybuilders in the sport and his fit show series is quickly developing a fan base.

I just wanted to say I appreciate everything's he's done for the sport and he's one of the best player representatives the IFBB's had. There are still some nuances that the sport could fix, particularly the role of politics in the king of bodybuilding contests (Mr. Olympia), but he's done a fine job despite that and I think a lot of his contributions to the sport have been taken for granted.

Tap Out

• Getbig II
Re: Bob Cicherillo appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »
i thought i was on bodybuilding.com for a moment.

GMCtrk

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
Bob's back looks great in this video

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:28:02 PM »

I just wanted to say I appreciate everything's he's done for the sport and he's one of the best player representatives the IFBB's had.

How many reps have there been?

what.

• Getbig III
  • Commercialized-ass bitch
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:35:10 PM »
Great thread!
Newbies: Goatboy smells

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »
Chick will win the masters O one day, just wait and see..

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
I see this thread on page 2 by tommorow!!
I'll bet 10 to 1 that  :-X
nevermind ;D

LifterChick

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »
I see this thread on page 2 by tommorow!!
I'll bet 10 to 1 that  :-X
nevermind ;D

LMAO!!   ;D

This thread must be a wet dream to 240.  The anticipation is almost unbearable.

But for the record I think Bob needs a few props for what he has done and will do.  :-*

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »
mamalukeFBI      :-X

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »
I've already spoken up for Bob in other threads.  Not that he needs anyone to speak up for him, he does just fine for himself!  I think people will perceive this as a "kiss ass" thread and shy away from it for that reason.

Angry Bob is a fine ambassador for bodybuilding in spite of a few lame, petty attempts to discredit him as such.  As far as his vow to take it all at the Masters O, we'll just have to wait and see about that!

I mean....  if not Bob, then who?  Who would getbiggers like to see as bodybuilding's ambassador to the mainstream public?  It's got to be someone reasonably intelligent, articulate and well-spoken, with PR skills and who can present a generally positive image.  So tell me who else fits the bill.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »

translation:

"slurp, slurp, slurp"

Jodi lives in TX too, buddy!  She PM'ed me (one time) and said all I have to do is give the word and she'll show up at your doorstep and kick your ass! >:(

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 07:14:35 PM »
She's in Dallas, I'm in Houston.  I'd have a 4-hour head start.

Probably about 3ft worth of height difference too..

Bast175

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 07:15:11 PM »
He's gotta be the most successful bodybuilder that can't place in the top 10 in any contest.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »
Notice how your compliments fall on deaf ears. Bob thinks you guys are a bunch of ass-kissers. He'd much rather spend 4 hours debating his #1 detractor than spending 4 seconds acknowledging his 5 fans.

Or, as Bob would say:
"Hey moron, I've been working on Martin Scorcese's new film "The Departed" with my paesano Leonardo Dicaprio...maybe you've heard of him. I made $15000 today. Sorry if I was too busy counting my Benjamins to notice you and your loser friends."

Special "Creep" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 11:31:59 PM »
I appreciate Bob's keeping up the long tradition of pro-bodybuilders insulting the fans' intelligence by denying that steroids play a huge part in how the pros look.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 11:42:11 PM »
I appreciate Bob's keeping up the long tradition of pro-bodybuilders insulting the fans' intelligence by denying that steroids play a huge part in how the pros look.

The reason they are so big these days is 'cause we have better supplements now and better workout machines..  ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »
What a Beast.  ::)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 04:49:19 AM »
Notice how your compliments fall on deaf ears. Bob thinks you guys are a bunch of ass-kissers. He'd much rather spend 4 hours debating his #1 detractor than spending 4 seconds acknowledging his 5 fans.

Or, as Bob would say:
"Hey moron, I've been working on Martin Scorcese's new film "The Departed" with my paesano Leonardo Dicaprio...maybe you've heard of him. I made $15000 today. Sorry if I was too busy counting my Benjamins to notice you and your loser friends."

Special "Creep" Ed

;D ;D ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 09:18:10 AM »
I think Bob's contributions to bodybuilding have been undermined recently, especially with all of the new flames and trash talk deriving from another particular thread about his contest shape.

Regardless of his placing in that contest, he's still one of the most candid bodybuilders in the sport and his fit show series is quickly developing a fan base.

I just wanted to say I appreciate everything's he's done for the sport and he's one of the best player representatives the IFBB's had. There are still some nuances that the sport could fix, particularly the role of politics in the king of bodybuilding contests (Mr. Olympia), but he's done a fine job despite that and I think a lot of his contributions to the sport have been taken for granted.

Rufjunk-

Thanks for the props...glad there's a few BB fans that still come on these boards.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH a thread for Bob he is moving up in the world.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 09:47:31 AM »
From his actions Bob seems to have very good intentions, How many bodybuilders have gone to the trouble to share what they do like Bob has. In the last few years he has become the most visible commentator in the field, and has handled himself well over this time.

I saw the footage of the San Fran, and listened to his commentary on bodybuilding.com radio; he did call Vince Taylor out but he seemed to be playing around (if you look at the context you will realise this). He's been competting longer than a lot of people on here have been alive, I'm sure he knows his body enough to prep for a show; after all he has done it on numerous other occasions.

The man is not perfect but neither are any of us, I think is overall track record is a good one, and in this sport (or pageant) people like him help move the process forward.

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 10:17:13 AM »
I just watched the most recent fit show episode..

It was a pretty interesting segment. I was surprised Cich and some other guys talk during lifts, I feel like I have to be in a mental zone, maybe it was just the fact that he's in precontest mode and he's doing lighter weight? Not sure.

Anyway, the Bob Bowl is pretty neat. I also learned something new about spraying pam over the sink, I don't ever do that. I like my oatmeal bland with creole seasoning, I'll have to try the packet ones.

Good stuff.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »
I just watched the most recent fit show episode..

It was a pretty interesting segment. I was surprised Cich and some other guys talk during lifts, I feel like I have to be in a mental zone, maybe it was just the fact that he's in precontest mode and he's doing lighter weight? Not sure.

Anyway, the Bob Bowl is pretty neat. I also learned something new about spraying pam over the sink, I don't ever do that. I like my oatmeal bland with creole seasoning, I'll have to try the packet ones.

Good stuff.

It was likely due to the fact that he is the host of the show, so he probably feels obligated to say something, unfortunately that cuts into training intensity. Maybe he should tell the show to film him training, then go back and put the commentary in where neccessary.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 12:35:57 AM »
great reality show

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
Chick will win the masters O one day, just wait and see..

I know my stuff..