Author Topic: ND (or others), what year is this Yates picture from? best back of all time!  (Read 26085 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Yates' most muscular is EMBARASSING. How did he ever beat Coleman again?
Oh ya, Weider always knows who the winner will be.  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Yates' most muscular is EMBARASSING. How did he ever beat Coleman again?
Oh ya, Weider always knows who the winner will be.  ;D

Dorian's horrible most muscular illustrates quite clearly, that, other than his lats, Dorian was NOTHING SPECIAL from the front.

If he were, he would have looked a whole lot more impressive than that.

Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Yates & Hany had the same problem-all TORSO with SMALL ARMS. If everything else had been in balance with their torsos, they would've both been incredible instead of just very good.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Yates & Hany had the same problem-all TORSO with SMALL ARMS

yup. and here you have people saying that Yates' proportions were "far superior" to Ronnie's.

ah no.

Ronnie's has calves that are too small for his quads.

Yates has entire arms and chest that are too small for his upper body.

which would you say is worse?

and besides:

Yates CANNOT have better proprotions that Ronnie did because his taper looked like this at his VERY BEST shape:

having a taper like that is certainly not "far superior".

Being well proportioned includes having a pleasing taper, like this:

man, all these Yates fans are brainwashed. The guy has no arms, no chest, no taper, no vascularity etc etc and you have people arguing like he was the best thing since sliced bread. ::) ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
man, all these Yates fans are brainwashed. The guy has no arms, no chest, no taper, no vascularity etc etc and you have people arguing like he was the best thing since sliced bread

and, before you guys all jump on me saying that Yates has arms, chest, taper, etc, etc, I would like to point out that compared to Ronnie at his peak (which is the comparison that you guys keep bringin up), he doesn't.

no arms, among other things..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Quote Ironaman Jan 1995 former IFBB Judge Roger Schwab 1994 Mr Olympia

" Best Most Muscular - Yates. When he poses , everything explodes. "

" Best Chest - Yates and Levrone-torn pec and all. "

" Best Legs - Yates from top to bottom "

" Best Back - Yates. He has too much back to be compared. "

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Quote Ironaman Jan 1995 former IFBB Judge Roger Schwab 1994 Mr Olympia

" Best Most Muscular - Yates. When he poses , everything explodes. "

" Best Chest - Yates and Levrone-torn pec and all. "

" Best Legs - Yates from top to bottom "

" Best Back - Yates. He has too much back to be compared. "

best legs??? best most muscular?? that has to be some of the dumbest quotes I have EVER heard.

Look at Yates' most muscular - it is TERRIBLE.

look at his quads- no seperation to speak of:

all torso - no arms, puffy, watery quads.
best legs my ass - most AMATEURS have better quads!
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
figures an IFBB judge would say ridiculous stuff like that.

No wonder Yates got a gift at the 1994 O. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Again you're basing this on pictures to say a 6 time Mr Olympia is overrated shows you don't know what you're talking about and you know more than an IFBB judge .

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
poop
young niggah greedy

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Again you're basing this on pictures to say a 6 time Mr Olympia is overrated shows you don't know what you're talking about and you know more than an IFBB judge .

oh, and you do??

You argued that dorian has better arms than Ronnie ad nauseum and you are saying that I don't know what i am talking about?? ::) ::) ::)

I may not be a judge but I am certainly not blind.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
ND, if yates most muscular and quads are so good, it should be obvious in photos as well as onstage.

But in pictures they both suck.

Yates isn't some magic bodybuilder who only looks good onstage and like shit in photos.

No one else is like that - if they look good in pics they look good onstage.

Yates is not an exception - if he looks like shit in photos (eg most muscular), you can bet he looked like shit onstage.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Well if you talk to anyone who has seen Dorian they all say the same " Pictures do not do this guy justice , you have to see him in person to get the full effect "

And you insist his mostmuscular sucks and thats your opinion , obviously this former IFBB judge doesn't agree with you and neither do I , bottom like when you make claims like he is overrated while winning 6 Sandows its safe to assume you don't know what you're talking about .

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Suckymuscle, you are schmoe with no medical background at all.  I have yet to see an in shape bodybuilder like Yates, Coleman, etc ever get a true bodyfat measurement by hydrodensitometry weighting or DEXA.  Hell, if they have the cash, they could use perceived new gold standard the MRI (hahahaha).  Whatever dude, I don't believe the weights that bodybuilders spew about anyway.  I bet you if you weighed bodybuilders like Yates and Coleman the same way and with the strict measurements of even a high school wrestling meet (underwear and no shirt), the true weights would not approach 274 (for Yates) or 296 (for Coleman).  BB is a joke as everything about it is magnified and exagerrated.  Where did you get that "2% bodyfat" claim from Sucky....does McGough have DEXA vision or something.  I agree, Yates was the man and I like the dude.  However, he is anything but the epitome of bodybuilding....he has too many weaknesses.  However, I agree that his shape was astounding in the black and whites, but he never seemed to hit that degree of conditioning except maybe in the 2003 Mr. Olympia.  Coleman looked damn good this year at a lighter weight, but he was at his best 1998/1999.  In 2003, he was the largest BB in condition who ever stepped on shape.  I bet you if you did true bodyfat measurements with underwater weighing, DEXA and maybe MRI (never seen it used for such but possible), they would average 4-5 percent.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
And you insist his mostmuscular sucks and thats your opinion ,

and the opinion of almost anyone who sees his most muscular.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
LOL!!

Ronnie's NOT EVEN FLEXING YET and his arms-forward pose is STILL better than Yates.

Now can you see why I maintain this guy was overrated ND???

If stuff like this doesn't make it obvious, I don't know what can.
Flower Boy Ran Away

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Hulkster your hatred of Dorian is bordering on becoming disturbing.  As is your worship of Ronnie.  You can find great pictures of Ronnie and poor ones of Dorian and someone else can do the opposite and both points can therefore be argued.  The way you have to get in on every thread about Dorian by initially saying something positive (to try and disguise your hatred?) and then proceed to cut him down merely to be argumentative is rather sad.  To make blanket statements such as describing Dorian's most muscular as "terrible" (by which you refer to the crab shot as there are many variations) is ridiculous.   Sure, others have been better but it's still pretty good and other shots of his are remarkable.  Have you ever actually seen Dorian compete?   You lose credibility by merely commenting on photos selctively.  Dorian never looked as blocky on stage as he can in pics and his proportion (skeletal structure, i.e. ratio of arms to legs to torso) was just about perfect and other guys not so fortunate as him in this area often looked EXTREMELY flawed stading next to him.  Levrone especially with his slightly longer torso. 

You have to remember that Dorian raised the bar during his time to a far greater extent than Ronnie ever did - in fact I would contend Ronnie never achieved this.   He has not made the 'quantum leap' if you will, that Dorian did.  In that sense Dorian was the pioneer considering both guys started as pros at roughly the same time (early 90s).  Haney did the same in 94, and Arnold and Sergio prior to that.

I DO actually get what you mean about the back detail, "lumpy" as you call it, but I think that look is far better personified by others other than Ronnie - perhaps Flex, Shawn and if you want a really prime example then check out Mike Christian at his peak.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Here is my in depth commentary regarding who is better between Dorian and Ronnie:

Ronnie.

Any questions?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
You lose credibility by merely commenting on photos selctively.
and you lose credibility by not see the flaws that are obvious in EVERY Yates photo. (and your constant bashing of Ronnie).

ronnie didn't raise the bar? What would you call 2003?

No, I have not seen Dorian compete - as I said - that doesn't matter:

His quads won't magically gain seperation and his arms, chest and taper won't magically get better just because he is on stage.  if they were good, they would look good in a photo just like everybody else.

I don't hate Dorian any more than you hate Ronnie.

But I do think he was vastly overrated. He is, as I said before, The Supreme Ruler of All Overratedness!!

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Hulkster your hatred of Dorian is bordering on becoming disturbing.  As is your worship of Ronnie.  You can find great pictures of Ronnie and poor ones of Dorian and someone else can do the opposite and both points can therefore be argued.  The way you have to get in on every thread about Dorian by initially saying something positive (to try and disguise your hatred?) and then proceed to cut him down merely to be argumentative is rather sad.  To make blanket statements such as describing Dorian's most muscular as "terrible" (by which you refer to the crab shot as there are many variations) is ridiculous.   Sure, others have been better but it's still pretty good and other shots of his are remarkable.  Have you ever actually seen Dorian compete?   You lose credibility by merely commenting on photos selctively.  Dorian never looked as blocky on stage as he can in pics and his proportion (skeletal structure, i.e. ratio of arms to legs to torso) was just about perfect and other guys not so fortunate as him in this area often looked EXTREMELY flawed stading next to him.  Levrone especially with his slightly longer torso. 

You have to remember that Dorian raised the bar during his time to a far greater extent than Ronnie ever did - in fact I would contend Ronnie never achieved this.   He has not made the 'quantum leap' if you will, that Dorian did.  In that sense Dorian was the pioneer considering both guys started as pros at roughly the same time (early 90s).  Haney did the same in 94, and Arnold and Sergio prior to that.

I DO actually get what you mean about the back detail, "lumpy" as you call it, but I think that look is far better personified by others other than Ronnie - perhaps Flex, Shawn and if you want a really prime example then check out Mike Christian at his peak.

You make an excellent point , everytime he starts off slow and then reverts right back to his Yaes-hater mode , but he does this with everyone he highjacks threads he is so concerned that everyone doesn't agree that Ronnie is the best ever and no one ever comes close and he constantly feels a need to defend Coleman lol its bizzare anyway Hulkster defend away while I laugh away !!  ;)

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
and you lose credibility by not see the flaws that are obvious in EVERY Yates photo. (and your constant bashing of Ronnie).

ronnie didn't raise the bar? What would you call 2003?

No, I have not seen Dorian compete - as I said - that doesn't matter:

His quads won't magically gain seperation and his arms, chest and taper won't magically get better just because he is on stage.  if they were good, they would look good in a photo just like everybody else.

I don't hate Dorian any more than you hate Ronnie.

But I do think he was vastly overrated. He is, as I said before, The Supreme Ruler of All Overratedness!!

Actually it does matter if you havent seen a guy compete because photos and videos do not tell the tale.  All bodybuilders have flaws (obviously Dorian's bicep, poor execution of the rear dbl bi shot, upper pecs to a small degree) but due to your inexperience you miss important factors - like skeletal structure for example.  Up close where the judges are Dorian's legs were very well separated and Ronnie's actually weren't - sorry but I have seen them side by side from 10 yards.  Sure Ronnie is bigger now and his detail from the rear has been amazing but he still lacks it from the front.

There are many competitors I have been much bigger fans of (Haney, Labrada, Al Beckles) but the Dorian bashing is ridiculous.  I also cannot see how Dorian would have been the preferred candidate of Joe Weider as some would suggest considering he never lived in the USA and he's not exactly the best looking guy in the world.  So why did the judges award him all those victories?  Perhaps because they were there and saw how he overwhelmed Wheeler, Ray, Levrone et al every year including 94?  Like I say, those judges were there and they saw fit to give the decision to Dorian - are you more knowledgeable than them?  I remember talking with the photographer Chris Lund once and he was amazed at how many people thought they could judge a show from pics and videos, as he said, you can't, the difference is substantial.  

Some of you kids who have only been interested in bb for a short amount of time make me laugh as you are not tuned in to the finer points of physique development and think you know it all and are experts from a few pictures.  Are you even out of high school?  LOL.      

ND - yes I agree, Hulster is clearly a little disturbed (not such a bad thing just a fact).  The hijacking of threads in the way you describe is kind of odd and shows his immaturity.  But like I said, what do you expect of a kid who has Ronnie posters on his ceiling?

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Here is my in depth commentary regarding who is better between Dorian and Ronnie:

Ronnie.

Any questions?

Go back to sleep son. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Are you even out of high school?  LOL.     
LOL. I have finished University and grad. school.

Just because I ACT like a kid doesn't mean that I am one! 8)

but then again, I'm not exactly an old fart either!

ps - if Yates quads were seperated up close, most other bodybuilder's quads must look UNREAL up close, since Dorian's quads suck in pictures ;)
Flower Boy Ran Away

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
Go back to sleep son. 

Dorian himself said he could not have beaten Ron, stfu.
young niggah greedy

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

ps - if Yates quads were seperated up close, most other bodybuilder's quads must look UNREAL up close, since Dorian's quads suck in pictures ;)

Quite possbily - but as I said, not Ronnie's - having been that close.  Don't get too excited at the thought :P