Author Topic: arlovski in pride  (Read 15499 times)

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: arlovski in pride
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »
really shithead ... and when did i say i think that??

you're just as retarded as that old twat ... you dont happen to be her midget boyfriend do u ;D

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • All natural except for the 34D's
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 04:41:24 AM »
I said I could count their wins on one hand. So.....then what?

If you don't like my list then YOU TELL ME would the next HW Champ should be other than Sylvia!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

HA HA HA HA!!!

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 06:45:49 AM »
this match didnt show how good silvia is ... it just highlighted the fact arlovski has a weak chin, thus robbing their division of any "real" contenders :)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 09:47:40 AM »
this match didnt show how good silvia is ... it just highlighted the fact arlovski has a weak chin, thus robbing their division of any "real" contenders :)

I agree!!!  What do you see in the heavyweights for the UFC SDM?

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 10:22:27 AM »
SDM?? (edit ... i just got that)

... i think it will be hard to watch any ufc hw matches with enthusiasm ... thinking about the hw's in pride just makes them seem rather bush league

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 10:28:17 AM »
no one in the ufc..arlovski included after this last match...would really make an interesting fight over in pride.  :-\

it would be like throwing steaks to the lions..  :D

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 10:40:39 AM »
Knowing Dana & Lorenzo, how do you think they will handle getting some good competition?  What about Chuck moving up to HW and having two belts? ;D  Based off of what I see, he has a good chance!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2006, 10:43:25 AM »
arlovski just doesn't seem to use his power potential..he doesn't encite fear or awe into me or his opponents like he could!   he could be faster, more agile, etc.  he's not at the top of his game i think... :-\

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2006, 10:49:25 AM »
i think arlovski has good power and is a very good striker .... but apparently he cant take a shot

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2006, 10:54:59 AM »
yeah that's just the kinda guy i wanna see tossed to fedor or aleksander...

get him past jackson first if jackson stays then i'll get excited

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2006, 11:05:26 AM »
I can't see myself caring about another heavyweight UFC match in the near future.  That Pe De Pano/Monson match showed neither of them are entertaining, or worth watching.  Sylvia is a true heavyweight, but he's also akward and rather slow/deliberate.  Why would Chuck move up to heavyweight?  He's chubby at 205, and at least has a few semi-competitive fighters at that weight (Babalu etc..).  Besides he's way too short for heavyweight, sylvia has a what?  10 inch reach advantage on Chuck, would be a stupid fight.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »
I can't see myself caring about another heavyweight UFC match in the near future.  That Pe De Pano/Monson match showed neither of them are entertaining, or worth watching.  Sylvia is a true heavyweight, but he's also akward and rather slow/deliberate.  Why would Chuck move up to heavyweight?  He's chubby at 205, and at least has a few semi-competitive fighters at that weight (Babalu etc..).  Besides he's way too short for heavyweight, sylvia has a what?  10 inch reach advantage on Chuck, would be a stupid fight.

You're right.  I didn't think about the reach advantage and Chuck sure as hell wouldn't want to go to the ground with Tim.  Not that I think Tim is superb on the ground but atleast better than Chuck.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2006, 04:22:26 PM »
I thought arlovski was 6'3 and chuck 6'2

E
E

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »
I thought arlovski was 6'3 and chuck 6'2

E

Tim Silvia=6'8"

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2006, 07:20:01 PM »

Pretty much summed up UFC's heavyweight situation...

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:20 PM »
UFC=Great marketing with so so fighters
Pride= So So marketing with very good fighters

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:35 PM »
Tim Silvia=6'8"

I know but if a 6'3 guy can compete as heavyweight why not 6'2?

E
E

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2006, 08:18:17 AM »
SDM?? (edit ... i just got that)

... i think it will be hard to watch any ufc hw matches with enthusiasm ... thinking about the hw's in pride just makes them seem rather bush league

Heavyweights in any fighting sport have never been "exciting" or high energy. I think the only exciting match I've ever seen was Roy Jones Jr. and Ruiz, but only because of the novelty of Jones going up in weight. Other than that it was a pretty slow and boring fight. They are just too darn big to be fast. It's the little guys scrambling around that bring excitement to any fighting sport.

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2006, 08:20:58 AM »
I know but if a 6'3 guy can compete as heavyweight why not 6'2?

E

Chuck won't do it because he knows it will slow him down. And I don't think he'll be able to stand himself at that size. It's also a comfort thing. Chuck is listed as 6'1".

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:33 AM »
Heavyweights in any fighting sport have never been "exciting" or high energy.

ufc heavyweights are not exciting or "high energy" but to say "in any fighting sport" just shows your ignorance

the point we've been trying to drill into that gord atop your shoulders is ufc heavies are second tier, the top heavies (guys like fedor, nog, mirko, hunt, aleks, werdune, karahatonov etc) are all in pride or sometimes k1 ... i thought arlovski was on that level and had his chin problems sorted out ... but im not so sure now ... and i cant think of anyone else in UFC who would be top 7 in pride, top 10 would be a crapshoot

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2006, 08:37:44 AM »
Yeah, that Mirko Fliponivic (sp) is a slow lumbering ox, he should get his fat ass on a diet  ;D.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2006, 05:11:26 PM »
ufc heavyweights are not exciting or "high energy" but to say "in any fighting sport" just shows your ignorance

the point we've been trying to drill into that gord atop your shoulders is ufc heavies are second tier, the top heavies (guys like fedor, nog, mirko, hunt, aleks, werdune, karahatonov etc) are all in pride or sometimes k1 ... i thought arlovski was on that level and had his chin problems sorted out ... but im not so sure now ... and i cant think of anyone else in UFC who would be top 7 in pride, top 10 would be a crapshoot

How does one get a "weak chin" sorted ut?
w

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2006, 05:54:38 PM »
The thing you have to remember is that a great deal of UFC fans (who are clearly not as bright as this forum ;D) aren't aware of Pride or any other organization than the UFC.  Ask most people if they know anything about MMA; 90% of them will ask if you're talking about "that ultimate fighting."

And they think Fedor is a fucking hat :'(

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:20 PM »

Okay, so we get it already that you are a pride fan. Doesn't make it gospel nor any bigger or better than any other organization. That's all perception, and especially that of the athletes. But I stand by my opinion that heavies are slow.

And by "anyone else in UFC" you mean any heavyweights in the UFC right? Becuase there's a handful of LHW on down who are just literally at the top of the game.

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »
The thing you have to remember is that a great deal of UFC fans (who are clearly not as bright as this forum ;D) aren't aware of Pride or any other organization than the UFC.  Ask most people if they know anything about MMA; 90% of them will ask if you're talking about "that ultimate fighting."

Because no other organization has the money to pay their fighters what they are worth let alone bring it to the masses. Guys shouldn't have to get their teeth knocked out for pennies. Then it becomes a cost burden instead of a profit. The doctors bills far outweight what you'll ever win. At least in XFO you can put up $2,500 and get $5,000 if you win. Oh snap, did I mention another organization besides UFC and any others mentioned in this thread? And I'm a chick? Whoa.....what a rush.