Author Topic: the best supplement company  (Read 11147 times)

elspecimino

• Getbig III
  • hulk hogan=largest arms in the world
the best supplement company
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:58:39 PM »
What do you guys think is the best company out there in terms of overall products?  My vote goes to Beverly International.  They nmight be a little pricey but their products(protein, liver tabs, aminos) are awesome.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: the best supplement company
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
The "best supplement company" is a pretty subjective thing. My personal choice is Synergy, and it appears the nutritional supplement manufacturing industry agrees (since we were voted top manufacturer for a number of years running), but that's besides the point. It really all depends on the individual needs of each consumer. If a company provides the products that meets the needs of a consumer, then it is "the best company" for that individual consumer. Some people base their needs on quality, ...others base it on price. It differs from consumer to consumer.

I choose Synergy because they make products that meet my needs, and meet my standards for quality, scientific formulation, cutting-edge technological advancements, purity, safety, and efficacy, ...along with providing a nice little bonus on top. There are other companies out there that manufacture great products, some of which I do not need. It doesn't make them bad companies, just companies that have nothing to offer me.
w

OWNER

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • ACQUIRING INFO.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »
The best supplement is the cheapest (as long as you can stand the taste).  All the companies use the same ingredients.
I WILL OWN YOU

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 12:52:36 AM »
The "best supplement company" is a pretty subjective thing. My personal choice is Synergy, and it appears the nutritional supplement manufacturing industry agrees (since we were voted top manufacturer for a number of years running), but that's besides the point. It really all depends on the individual needs of each consumer. If a company provides the products that meets the needs of a consumer, then it is "the best company" for that individual consumer. Some people base their needs on quality, ...others base it on price. It differs from consumer to consumer.

I choose Synergy because they make products that meet my needs, and meet my standards for quality, scientific formulation, cutting-edge technological advancements, purity, safety, and efficacy, ...along with providing a nice little bonus on top. There are other companies out there that manufacture great products, some of which I do not need. It doesn't make them bad companies, just companies that have nothing to offer me.

My top five(and the orders varies, based on the supplements themselves):

1. MuscleTech
2. EAS
3. Prolab
4. Optimum Nutrition
5. Nature's Best

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 01:41:49 AM »
The best supplement is the cheapest (as long as you can stand the taste).

I couldn't disagree with you more.

All the companies use the same ingredients.

I am sooo disagreeing with you here, I'm almost having an apoplectic fit.

There's a HUGE different in quality of ingredients, quantity of ingredients, bio-availability of ingredients,
...and my personal favourite, the synergy of the product formulation. <pun intended>  ;)  :D
w

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »

I never seen a company literally CARE about their customers more than Beverly International or Pride Nutrition.

Those two companies are all about quality products and excellent service. They dont care to spend majority of their funds on advertising and mass distribution (you have to use inferior ingrediants and cut corners to fund heavy ads). They'd rather be 'word of mouth' only and NOT cut corners by using cheaper formulas and paying some super-bigtime BB to 'pretend' they ONLY have muscles because their product is 8736% better than the other company.

If you want to talk most successful companies according to revenue...it's MT and B$N probably...

Otherwise if you want high QUALITY products...go with Beverly International or Pride Nutrition.
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 12:47:16 PM »
  I never seen a company literally CARE about their customers more than Beverly International or Pride Nutrition.

Those two companies are all about quality products and excellent service. They dont care to spend majority of their funds on advertising and mass distribution (you have to use inferior ingrediants and cut corners to fund heavy ads). They'd rather be 'word of mouth' only and NOT cut corners by using cheaper formulas and paying some super-bigtime BB to 'pretend' they ONLY have muscles because their product is 8736% better than the other company.

If you want to talk most successful companies according to revenue...it's MT and B$N probably...

Otherwise if you want high QUALITY products...go with Beverly International or Pride Nutrition.

If my memory serves me correctly, Leo Ingram, who recently placed 2nd in the superheavyweight class at the NPC Nationals, used to endorse Beverly International products, back in 1995.

That's no slight on him or Beverly Nutrition. Back then, magazines seemed to be a bit more gracious to smaller supplement companies.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 01:13:02 PM »

One word:  MUSASHI  ;)

The best kept secret, until now :o
just not good enough

rayrod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »
1. gaspari nutrition
2. beverly international
3. parrillo performance

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »
 Here's a little illustration on how I'd go with a smaller 'forget about marketing hype and psychology to rip off the newbies' companies who's #1 priority is the quality of their products and YOU the customer getting the results you want...

A few months back I was like most people here...using whatever is main-stream. I know about supps and I'm no fool. I can decipher through hype and nonsense. Living in Chicago I started to see 'PRIDE NUTRITION' around the local scene...at various shows and seeing various people wearing PRIDE NUTRITION t-shirts at different gyms around the city. They'd have a small booth at the Illinois State and other local NPC events here...seen them at the ASC for the first time 2 yrs ago but I never really blinked an eye at them...just another company to me...they're a dime/dozen. So checking out their website and hearing alot of positive feedback from SERIOUS trainers around Chicagoland which I dont take for granted because they're serious competion-minded athletes like me. So they told me how good their protein formula was so I decided to give it a shot. I called them up direct and got the owner on the phone (Frank Bosco). After talking to him for a while about supps, and comparing their products to what I was currently using I was sold...not on some clever sales pitch but from cold hard FACTS. Most people just dont really know what they're getting in their formulas.

I decided to buy 1 Chocolate and 1 Vanilla 'RESPECT' protein. I told Mr. Bosco what part of the city I live...he knew the area, gave him my cell# 2 hours later he comes to my place PERSONALLY to deliver it to me along with a t-shirt, and tank. Talk about a company! Maybe I sound a little bias or something but thats fine with me...I correspond w/ Mr. Bosco all the time now as I prep for a NPC show here in Illinois...kind of like what BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL does...always checking to make sure I'm using their supps synergistically with eachother and staying on track keeping my eye on the prize.

Check their website out www.pridenutrition.com  Hit them w/ an e-mail...ask them how thier products compare/contrast with any other company on the market and set yourself free.

haha...call B$N or MT. Order some products and see how after the order is placed how you become nothing but another statistic to them...another number. if you're gonna go with REAL quality products...go w/ PRIDE or Bev. Just my .02!
?

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »
1- AST-SS
2- GNC (vitamins/efa's/joint health/etc.)
3. Cytosport
4. Labrada
5. Muscletech (if you ignore the fact that' they're overpriced.)

Mushasi, ya must be a kiwi or aussie then eh? ;)
Team Willet
Max-OT

OWNER

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • ACQUIRING INFO.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 12:45:29 PM »
I couldn't disagree with you more.

I am sooo disagreeing with you here, I'm almost having an apoplectic fit.

There's a HUGE different in quality of ingredients, quantity of ingredients, bio-availability of ingredients,
...and my personal favourite, the synergy of the product formulation. <pun intended>  ;)  :D

Well you're biased, aren't you. 
I WILL OWN YOU

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
1- AST-SS
2- GNC (vitamins/efa's/joint health/etc.)
3. Cytosport
4. Labrada
5. Muscletech (if you ignore the fact that' they're overpriced.)

Mushasi, ya must be a kiwi or aussie then eh? ;)

1. AST?!?  :o

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 05:15:24 AM »
Most supplement company's have got the same big industrial supplier.

Quality between the company's is in the details, fe taste. The protein/whey stays the same but they use different flavoids,
but the bigger company's will probarly order them at IFF, http://www.iff.com/internet.nsf/HomePage!OpenForm

Don't let yourself be fooled by big ads and sponsors. Those have to be paid also, and guess 3x where they get the money. Try out little (cheaper) labels, just make sure that you get what you ask for.

PlumpChump

• Getbig I
  • Dieting is over rated
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 07:52:11 AM »
Wow no love for MHP. I love trac it rocks.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 08:08:20 AM »
1. AST?!?  :o

What would your top 5 be?

I take it AST is junk in your opinion?

mombasa3

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »
I have always had wonderful results with Universal.  I think I will give Pride and Beverly a shot though.  Can't hurt.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 08:36:29 PM »
I like:

Allmax
ON
Cytosport
Prolab
Ultimate
Nutrex

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 11:38:27 AM »
The best supplement is the cheapest (as long as you can stand the taste).  All the companies use the same ingredients.

Have you actually read the ingredients labels?  Huge variations exists in the ingredients companies put in their products.  Just think about a protein powder....
- Do they have ANY whey concentrate...if so they are cutting corners
- Have they included any GOOD fats (EFA's) in the product
- Does the product contain glutamine (this is an awesome addition as you won't have to add in your 
  own)
- Other then a Whey Protein, what other proteins make up the powder and are they high quality
  (Micellar Casein, Immunolin and Egg Albumen are all great examples of alternative high quality sources
  plus some of these are fast acting protein and some act as a slow release protein meaning your body
  is absorbing more of the product instead of wasting it in the toilet)
- What other amino acids are added to the formula and in what amount

Many companies take countless shortcuts in the product so they can spend more in the advertising.  If you don't believe me try a high quality protein for a month and go back to your cheap stuff, there is a definite difference in the way you feel.  Even if you pay more for a high quality protein your body will be utilizing the protein better and like I said earlier, not flushing as much down the toilet.

Right now I am only talking about Protein Powder because this is the supplement most everyone uses but, if you would like, I can compare other products as well and help you see why all products are not created equal.
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 03:30:34 PM »
 I gotta go with THE BEAST on this one...

Look let me see if I can illustrate this in my own weird way on which is the best supp companies...

I'm live in CHICAGO. Chicago is known for it's food. We have the best food in the world...beef sandwiches, pizza, steak everything. Now...think B$N, M.T. Inc...and companies like that as 'Domino's, Little Ceasers, or Pizza Hut'. heavily advertised...everyone knows them...big FRANCHISE corporate companies...yea they serve pizza...it is pizza but BROTHERS...there are some little mom/pop places in Chicago that make some mthafkn PIZZA!

Mexican Food? Pepes? Taco Bell? NOPE! I know some little hole-in-the wall places family owned in Chicago that make the absolute best to die for Mexican Food. Italian? Not the OLIVE GARDEN...drive down 'Little Italy' on Taylor St and check out the little store-front joints...now that some Italian Food!

My point is this...anyone w/ half a brain undrstood how I tried illustrating the BIG CORPORATE companies vs the companies that arent 'fly-by-night' but dont feel a need to heavily advertise and use psychology in their ads and rather be built by word of mouth and a good reputation. They'd rather have serious athletes who understand supps buying their products. ANOTHER example...big corporate companies seek out who to buy their products? The newbies! The newbies who are uninformed and ignorant to supps who just think a pill or mix will increase their bench press and arms. You have to question those companies.

Companies like PRIDE NUTRITION or Beverly International dont play any mind to newbies or the uninformed...they let the informed intelligent serious athlete that KNOW a difference come to them. The choice is yours, heethens!
?

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »
1. Ergopharm(best eva)
2. Avant labs
3. Designer Supplements
4. Thermolife
5. Bulk nutrition/1fast400.com
musclegurus.com

MCat

• Getbig II
  • I'm just sayin'
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »
1.  Beverly International
2.  Dorian Yates Approved
3.  Pride Nutrition
4.  Ergopharm
5.  SAN
6. AST

In no particular order.
Dominated

phatabs

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »
pumpnpose
senutrition
proteinfactory

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:18 PM »
EAS

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 11:13:35 PM »

"(since we were voted top manufacturer for a number of years running), "

By who?