Author Topic: Secret Meeting of the Bodybuilding Luminaries in the 1960s  (Read 9031 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Secret Meeting of the Bodybuilding Luminaries in the 1960s
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »
how many of you have ever heard of the secret meeting of the bodybuilding luminaries of the mid 60's meeting with vince gironda presiding. vince gironda disgusted with the use of steroids by the top bodybuilders of the day called a meeting with some of the upper echelon of the sport. in attendance of note was larry scott, don howorth, dave draper vince had the boys agree to limiting drug use to 2 dianabol tabs a day to provide a level playing field. all in attendance agreed so you see it took 2 d-balls a day to win the first mr o.
F

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
Re: gentlemen's agreement.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:35:52 AM »
how many of you have ever heard of the secret meeting of the bodybuilding luminaries of the mid 60's meeting with vince gironda presiding. vince gironda disgusted with the use of steroids by the top bodybuilders of the day called a meeting with some of the upper echelon of the sport. in attendance of note was larry scott, don howorth, dave draper vince had the boys agree to limiting drug use to 2 dianabol tabs a day to provide a level playing field. all in attendance agreed so you see it took 2 d-balls a day to win the first mr o.

Yeah, but they were the 270mg types.
young niggah greedy

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »
The way I heard (read) of the meeting was that the boys were wondering if it was safe to up their dosage. They were concerned about the effect on their bodies.

( Believe I read this in a Greg Zulak column )

body88

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:40:56 PM »
The way I heard (read) of the meeting was that the boys were wondering if it was safe to up their dosage. They were concerned about the effect on their bodies.

( Believe I read this in a Greg Zulak column )

If they only knew what was to come lol

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 03:47:08 AM »
Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that room. Heard the same things happened in the early 70's too at Gold's Venice involving Arnold, Franco etc.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »
Actually I think the story went they had a meeting to discuss if they should up the dosage to 2 d-bols a day, and not sure who opted to do so, and the rest is history.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 08:35:33 PM »
Its amazing that Larry Scott (with kinda limited genetics) could reach 20" arms @205 with only 2 dbol a day. Larry had such a pleasing build to look at , we should all be so lucky
X

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »
that's the dumbest story I've ever heard.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 09:14:21 PM »
Awesome but everybody here heard a different thing :-\ I didn't hear anything at all :(
just push some weight!

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »
That 2 dbols a day story is a total load of crap.....people were popping them like tic-tacs from day one.  Larry Scott was on AT LEAST 10 dbols a day stacked with Deca.  The original dosage reccomended by Zeigler was probably 20-30mg daily.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »
i guess it must be a slow posting day when the intellectuals scan all the way down to the history section of get big. anyway if you go on testosteronenation.com there's an interesting at least to me article on dr john ziegler the father of steroids in america. in it john grimek is outed as one of the original users of d-bol.see musclememory.com if you don't know who john grimek was.
F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 03:12:41 PM »
If they only knew what was to come lol

no kidding... wait, in another 50 years it will be even more insane

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!