Author Topic: Muscular Development: Nutrition & Supplementation  (Read 2534 times)

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
Muscular Development: Nutrition & Supplementation
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »
Every month Muscular Development magazine gives you get the most accurate, scientifically based information on hard-core sports nutrition and supplementation. However, we would like to receive more feedback from our loyal readers (ideas, suggestions, etc.). So, don´t be shy about sending us your feedback: sportsnutrition@luukku.com and editor@musculardevelopment.com. Well, you can post here too.

Also, MD recently lauched a new column, "Sports Supplement Product Review", to give you UNBIASED insight into new commercial products that can benefit your training and give you the extra "boost" you've been looking for. So, if you are supplement company CEO, Director of Marketing or something, and your company recently launched a new scientifically based sports nutritional product, please don´t hesitate to contact me: sportsnutrition@luukku.com

Thank you for your time. Only our loyal readers can help us to bring MD to the new level!

Anssi Manninen :)
Senior Science Editor
Muscular Development   

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Muscular Development: Nutrition & Supplementation
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »
This month's md was so bad that i decided to get Flex instead!
just push some weight!

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:16:36 PM »
This month's md was so bad that i decided to get Flex instead!

Why the latest issue of MD was so bad in your opinion? Thanks for feedback.

AM

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »
Well to be honest the training section is what usually attracts my attention. When I saw that hardcore workout by Ronnie Coleman in the flex.. those pictures where just sick! Plus there was some feedback from the previous Olympia winners (even though its ghost written). I would like to see more hardcore shots with them training like maniacks and some physiques of the past. Maybe even a couple of comparisons with the past vs future.
just push some weight!

Rowtogrow

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:30:13 PM »
I like the supplemental review but come on...you reviewed GAKIC last month and said there's no financial tie to the article which is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You magazine is LOADED with Muscle Tech adds and it's funny that it's the one to get positive reviews almost like an add for it.   >:(

I do like the idea though ;D

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 12:36:24 PM »
I like the supplemental review but come on...you reviewed GAKIC last month and said there's no financial tie to the article which is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You magazine is LOADED with Muscle Tech adds and it's funny that it's the one to get positive reviews almost like an add for it.   >:(

I do like the idea though ;D

Well, thanks for feedback but I don´t have any kind of financial relationship with MuscleTech. However, GAKIC just happens to have solid scientific data supporting its anti-fatigue properties. You can double-check all the literature references: www.pubmed.com   

Buford BN, Koch AJ.
Glycine-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid improves performance of repeated cycling sprints.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004 Apr;36(4):583-7.
PMID: 15064584 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Stevens BR, Godfrey MD, Kaminski TW, Braith RW. 
High-intensity dynamic human muscle performance enhanced by a metabolic intervention.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Dec;32(12):2102-8.
PMID: 11128858 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 01:52:34 PM »
...and it's funny that it's the one to get positive reviews almost like an add for it.

The simply reason why commericial products reviewed in "Sports Supplement Product Review" generally get good reviews is that I chose only products that I personally feel are good. In my view, it doesn´t make sense to review absolutely useless products ("This stuff sucks, so don´t buy it. Case closed."). However, if some day a supplement company sends me a sample bottle of donkey ball extract then I will publish a very negative review! :D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 01:56:22 PM »
I am a huge fan of MD and plan to do article-by-article in depth reviews of the mag each month.  If I wasn't backlogged about 50 bodybuilding DVDs to review I would have it up already.

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »
don´t hesitate to contact me: sportsnutrition@luukku.com

Hei Anssi-Panssi, hanki oikea sähköpostiosoite eikä mikään MTV3:sen kakkaboxi...
young niggah greedy

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 02:25:33 PM »
Heh.. mulla on kyllä toinenkin mailiboksi mutta en halua sinne spämmiposteja.  :)

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »
Eiks MDllä oo varaa antaa sulle manninen@musculardevelopment.com ???
young niggah greedy

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »
Hei Anssi-Panssi, hanki oikea sähköpostiosoite eikä mikään MTV3:sen kakkaboxi...

Every single post in Finnish will be punished with a little reminder. ;)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 02:32:50 PM »
Those Swedish punks!  ;D