Author Topic: Who to watch out for in bodybuilding industry?  (Read 12871 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Who to watch out for in bodybuilding industry?
« on: March 18, 2006, 12:41:53 PM »
Ok guys since soon I will be competing I would like to know your thoughts on what goes around behind the scenes. I hear Lonnie Teper and some other photographers are homos. Maybe Derek could answer me on this one better. What are some other names I should stay away from?
just push some weight!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Who to watch out for in bodybuilding industry?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
Watch out for ex-pros and schmoe photographers who delete your shit if your opinion differs from theirs......
HAHA, RON.....

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »
Watch out for ex-pros and schmoe pothographers who delete your shit if your opinion differs from theirs......

Does Shawn Perine have any kind of real power in Flex? The fag banned me from ironage and I didn't even say anything negative there... to the contrary!
just push some weight!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
Does Shawn Perine have any kind of real power in Flex? The fag banned me from ironage and I didn't even say anything negative there... to the contrary!

More than likely, yes. Of course you can always go to one of the weiders for "help."
HAHA, RON.....

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 01:19:12 PM »
If it is true alexxx I'll be at the mr.montreal contest and I could report how huge you are at getbig.com

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 01:36:37 PM »
shawn perrine would own you Alexxx
L

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
lol Ok Alexxx is going to win the next mr. Montreal! 

When is it and how do I enter thanks..
just push some weight!

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 03:20:26 PM »
lol Ok Alexxx is going to win the next mr. Montreal! 

When is it and how do I enter thanks..

Well, first you need to live in Montreal :)

The contest in on July 8th in Laval. I will be there competing in the Provincial championships (which are held at the same time).

BTW, better come in shape if you hope to win... here is the 2004 winner, my friend Martin Allard.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 03:23:42 PM »
Well, first you need to live in Montreal :)

The contest in on July 8th in Laval. I will be there competing in the Provincial championships (which are held at the same time).

BTW, better come in shape if you hope to win... here is the 2004 winner, my friend Martin Allard.

ok I live in montreal

how long does it take to prepare for the show? I am talking special supplements.

Also are you the same guy I just saw today at Club Muscle with Phiso?
just push some weight!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 03:40:57 PM »
Alexxx, this show is much too easy for you. Try to challenge yourself with something national..

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »
I hear Lonnie Teper and some other photographers are homos.

I think they heard the same about you.  It should be a good match up.  Do you intend to push back?

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »
ok I live in montreal

how long does it take to prepare for the show? I am talking special supplements.

Also are you the same guy I just saw today at Club Muscle with Phiso?

Here's the 2005 Mr. Montreal winner, Bob McIntosh.

No I'm not the guy you met. I actually live about 90 minutes from Montreal. The duration of a preparation for a contest is highly dependent on your physical state. Normally an advanced athlete with a lot of muscle mass and a low amount of bodyfat will require a 12-weeks contest dieting/training period. A fatter, but still muscular individual will need to diet for 16-20 weeks. Someone who lacks muscle mass might need a lot more time because it's very hard to gain a significant amount of muscle mass while dieting for a contest, even with the help of super supplements.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 03:44:01 PM »
Alexxx, this show is much too easy for you. Try to challenge yourself with something national..

Thanks Armz but I think it would look good on my resume and I could get a little exposure before the big show.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »
Here's the 2005 Mr. Montreal winner, Bob McIntosh.

No I'm not the guy you met. I actually live about 90 minutes from Montreal. The duration of a preparation for a contest is highly dependent on your physical state. Normally an advanced athlete with a lot of muscle mass and a low amount of bodyfat will require a 12-weeks contest dieting/training period. A fatter, but still muscular individual will need to diet for 16-20 weeks. Someone who lacks muscle mass might need a lot more time because it's very hard to gain a significant amount of muscle mass while dieting for a contest, even with the help of super supplements.

Hey I know that guy! He is my friend we train at the same gym. He is really a cool guy and is the one who said I have potential. Really good guy!
just push some weight!

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 03:52:51 PM »
if he really is your friend maybe what he said or what anybody else has said has gone to your head. STFU and Train or just shut up cause you're retarded.

Talk to much out of your ass.

Get realistic.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 03:53:40 PM »
Thanks Armz but I think it would look good on my resume and I could get a little exposure before the big show.

Armz was obviously kidding. First, to qualify for the Nationals you must place top 3 in your weight class at the provincial. Before entering the provincial you must do a regional show (Mr. Montreal in your case).

Confidence is good. But from your pics (well the little I've seen) you are probably not ready to be competitive on the Provincial stage. You'd probably need 2-3 more years. No offense, you have a great attitude and a decent base, but you are not quite there yet. Just because your friends tell you you look good, or that you are the biggest guy in your gym, doesn't mean that you are a real menace on stage.

Remember that it's one thing to look good in pants and a tank top, it's quite another thing to look good in a speedo below super bright lights.

Another comparison, here's my friend Max at the 2005 Provincial where he placed 2nd in his class. He will be even better this year and would likely be in your class. Can you beat him?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 03:54:50 PM »
Ah - I see that you have no idea on much in our industry. And you ask why we deleted your posts that have no relevence except perhaps to irk some people.

First of all, Lonnie Teper is not a photographer. He is an emcee that had been to over 300 contests and has done quite a good job at it also. Recently, he just emceed the Ironman Pro, the Arnold Classic and the San Francisco Pro shows. Perhaps you have heard of them.  Lonnie does take photographs on his digital for his column in Ironman Magazine. He is not a homo as you enjoy using that word quite a number of times in your posts. He is a respected professor at Pasadena City College, and much definately enjoys the ladies. He also had a girlfriend named Elsa, hmmm, perhaps you saw the picture with Gary Strydom on another thread.

As for other photographers, whatever they do in their lifestyles is their business. But most of them enjoy life, have familes, and enjoy the sport of bodybuilding. Damn Alexxx, you are starting to piss me off here...

As for Shawn Perinne, who came from New York to California to work at AMI's Weider Flex Magazine, he has always been down to earth and realistic with the way he writes, in terms of the sport. He used to come on these boards with the nickname Konger, and now uses his own name, and has contributed greatly. I am not surprised at all you were banned from Ironage, give the extremely articulate threads and posts that you have started.  Jeez, I think you are one of the few of make a weekly visit to the Time Out Board, and actually come out of it.

You want to know the photographers, the writers, the people who will actually give you the publicity you hope for in terms of then getting a major sponsorship contract which will bring in the big bucks. The best thing you can do is learn by going to one of the shows, saying hello to various people, and perhaps supporting the sport.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 03:55:06 PM »
Hey I know that guy! He is my friend we train at the same gym. He is really a cool guy and is the one who said I have potential. Really good guy!

If Bob said it, then it must be true. However realize that "potential" doesn't mean instant success. It means that with enough efforts, time and dedication you might have what it takes to have success in the long run.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »
Damn Alexxx, you are starting to piss me off here...

no kidding, wow Ron took out the time to type that out. You really are annoying maybe you should listen read and shutup and learn something instead of saying the bullshit you've been saying you've been owned plenty of times. Thats crazy Ron took the time to type all that and maybe you'll shut up now.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »
Put him back in Time-Out, Ron!  None of us like him.

TIME-OUT, TIME-OUT!!!!!!!   >:(

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 04:11:44 PM »
People just don't know exactly what were dealing with here. This is history in the making. Not everyday someone comes along with this kind of potential. If you're not nice to alexxx, he will not promote getbig when he's Mr. O.

Stavios

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
Ct, can you check your PM at mayhem asap ?
thanks  ;)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 04:49:59 PM »
Ah - I see that you have no idea on much in our industry. And you ask why we deleted your posts that have no relevence except perhaps to irk some people.

First of all, Lonnie Teper is not a photographer. He is an emcee that had been to over 300 contests and has done quite a good job at it also. Recently, he just emceed the Ironman Pro, the Arnold Classic and the San Francisco Pro shows. Perhaps you have heard of them.  Lonnie does take photographs on his digital for his column in Ironman Magazine. He is not a homo as you enjoy using that word quite a number of times in your posts. He is a respected professor at Pasadena City College, and much definately enjoys the ladies. He also had a girlfriend named Elsa, hmmm, perhaps you saw the picture with Gary Strydom on another thread.

As for other photographers, whatever they do in their lifestyles is their business. But most of them enjoy life, have familes, and enjoy the sport of bodybuilding. Damn Alexxx, you are starting to piss me off here...

As for Shawn Perinne, who came from New York to California to work at AMI's Weider Flex Magazine, he has always been down to earth and realistic with the way he writes, in terms of the sport. He used to come on these boards with the nickname Konger, and now uses his own name, and has contributed greatly. I am not surprised at all you were banned from Ironage, give the extremely articulate threads and posts that you have started.  Jeez, I think you are one of the few of make a weekly visit to the Time Out Board, and actually come out of it.

You want to know the photographers, the writers, the people who will actually give you the publicity you hope for in terms of then getting a major sponsorship contract which will bring in the big bucks. The best thing you can do is learn by going to one of the shows, saying hello to various people, and perhaps supporting the sport.

try not to let alexxx bother you Ron, his dad paid him to many 3 am visits in his bedroom if you know what i mean.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 05:02:49 PM »
I can already beat all of those guys :) So I think I am ready for the national stage! Better yet I should get a special invite to the Olympia as anything less is no competition for the likes of me.

Ron you been around the industry and I know what you say about peoples business being their own.. but when those farts are going to hit on me it becomes my business too. Thanks for the kind words though.
just push some weight!

Stavios

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 05:07:24 PM »
I can already beat all of those guys :) So I think I am ready for the national stage! Better yet I should get a special invite to the Olympia as anything less is no competition for the likes of me.

Ron you been around the industry and I know what you say about peoples business being their own.. but when those farts are going to hit on me it becomes my business too. Thanks for the kind words though.

hey no offence but judging by your pics you couldn't beat bob and certainly not martin.  :-\