Author Topic: If I were forced to choose between Trump and Cruz I would choose ....  (Read 552 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Trump

for two reasons

1.  He's not a fundie waiting and hoping for Armageddon/End Times bullshit
2.  He's probably smart enough to know how/when to compromise and get things done

I think they would both be a disaster but at least Trump likely won't be eagerly waiting to usher in the End Times.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: If I were forced to choose between Trump and Cruz I would choose ....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »
Trump

for two reasons

1.  He's not a fundie waiting and hoping for Armageddon/End Times bullshit
2.  He's probably smart enough to know how/when to compromise and get things done

I think they would both be a disaster but at least Trump likely won't be eagerly waiting to usher in the End Times.

I agree.  The idea is overblown, I think, that he's somehow "dangerous" and unable to handle business.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:14:26 PM »
this is the same reasoning that has lead so many Dem voters and the GOP establishment to choose him over Cruz.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 02:21:14 PM »
I think Trump would be an absolute disaster in both domestic and foreign policy but he really couldn't do anything with Congress united against him so he would be forced to compromise.

Cruz on the other hand and bat shit crazy fundie who truly believe in End Times and all that other horseshit and he's the last guy (out of the entire field of Dems and Repubs) that I would want in the office.  Also he's whiny humorless bitch.  There is a reason everyone who has ever had to work with him hates the guy. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
I think Trump would be an absolute disaster in both domestic and foreign policy but he really couldn't do anything with Congress united against him so he would be forced to compromise.

Cruz on the other hand and bat shit crazy fundie who truly believe in End Times and all that other horseshit and he's the last guy (out of the entire field of Dems and Repubs) that I would want in the office.  Also he's whiny humorless bitch.  There is a reason everyone who has ever had to work with him hates the guy. 

I don't think he'd stand a chance, though, anyway.  Not impossible, but it would take an extraordinary chain of circumstances.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 02:34:58 PM »

Ever really listen to the guy. He's gonna cut your taxes, not in any shape or way into the end times unless its to end the real end timers the nuts running Iran and he's going to actually follow the Constitution. That's something we haven't had since maybe Reagan. 
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »
I don't think he'd stand a chance, though, anyway.  Not impossible, but it would take an extraordinary chain of circumstances.

I think you're right but then again I would have never guessed we'd be here talking about him as the front runner a few weeks before Iowa

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »

Ever really listen to the guy. He's gonna cut your taxes, not in any shape or way into the end times unless its to end the real end timers the nuts running Iran and he's going to actually follow the Constitution. That's something we haven't had since maybe Reagan. 

Reagan raised taxes ~ 11 times and cut and ran in Lebanon

Is that what you're looking for?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:06 PM »
I think you're right but then again I would have never guessed we'd be hear talking about him as the front runner a few weeks before Iowa

I know.  Right after posting that, it started nagging me.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
Reagan raised taxes ~ 11 times and cut and ran in Lebanon

Is that what you're looking for?

Explain to me from memory what happened in Lebanon.....any real clue? Reagan weighted the good and bad and then left. You ever watch Fox News...retired Col Bill Cowens. That guy and a team of CIA direct action types went in under Reagans' authority and frog stomped most of the dudes responsible shortly after we pulled out. This all happened less then 10 years after we pulled out of Vietnam. Reagan was no idiot. Instead he sent a message to both the sheep fuckers and the Russians that no matter what, we're gonna fucking kill you if you fuck with us. Obama would have played golf and blown a dude..shit his pants, blamed Congress, the weather and Fox News.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »
Explain to me from memory what happened in Lebanon.....any real clue? Reagan weighted the good and bad and then left. You ever watch Fox News...retired Col Bill Cowens. That guy and a team of CIA direct action types went in under Reagans' authority and frog stomped most of the dudes responsible shortly after we pulled out. This all happened less then 10 years after we pulled out of Vietnam. Reagan was no idiot. Instead he sent a message to both the sheep fuckers and the Russians that no matter what, we're gonna fucking kill you if you fuck with us. Obama would have played golf and blown a dude..shit his pants, blamed Congress, the weather and Fox News.

I have no problem that he cut and ran.  We should have "never" been there in the first place.  Prior to that wasn't Reagan just indiscriminately bombing Lebanese villages killing mostly civilians

edit - added "never" not sure why that didn't make it the first time

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 03:52:25 PM »
uh..no
L

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:40 PM »
Explain to me from memory what happened in Lebanon.....any real clue? Reagan weighted the good and bad and then left. You ever watch Fox News...retired Col Bill Cowens. That guy and a team of CIA direct action types went in under Reagans' authority and frog stomped most of the dudes responsible shortly after we pulled out.

Has that ever been officially acknowledged by the United States? All I remember (from memory, mind you) is a truck bomb went off and everyone assumed it was the U.S. retaliating.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana