Author Topic: 2002 O: RONNIE vs LEVRONE!!  (Read 11415 times)

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
Re: 2002 O: RONNIE vs LEVRONE!!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »

Kevin was a little more aesthetically pleasing than Ronnie and had better tricpes but when he turned around he sort of faded away next to Ronnie. He wasn't better. It will be a whole new generation of Getbiggers on here before we ever see anything come close to Ronnie in his prime.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »
Ronnie in 2003 is GOAT status, just insane.
To parrot what was said, it will be a hell of a long time until we see that again.

After his lack lust showing in 2002 and losing to Gunter I think he realized that he might be getting complacent. Especially  the lost to Gunter, realizing that he can still lose, really lit a fire under his big, striated, Hebrew ass.  

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
©

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2016, 12:31:57 PM »
I think the time is long gone that the top bber is someone you would want to look like. That's why we have the physique class.

People are looking for freaks. Something not of this world. Someone that makes your jaw drop. Something that you point at, say Ramy's quads, and say "Look at that! How can that be? How can a leg be so huge?"

But it just goes to show how subjective this cult is. You think 2003 Ronnie looked like "absolute shit." I think it will be while before anyone can surpass that level of development.

Absolute shit?

he's huge but looks horrible, this body was the official end to bodybuilding as we knew it

ronnie in 96 - 2000 with his huge lats and wide shoulders plus the extremely tight waist (in most poses) was "jaw dropping" for all the right reasons, ronnie 2003 was "jaw dropping" in the way people think "why the hell would somebody want to look like that", but hey i'll give him credit for having the best version of palumboism i ever saw

i didn't realize it then but now i know that was the end if that's what people in this sport wanted

E
E

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2016, 04:33:24 PM »
he's huge but looks horrible, this body was the official end to bodybuilding as we knew it

ronnie in 96 - 2000 with his huge lats and wide shoulders plus the extremely tight waist (in most poses) was "jaw dropping" for all the right reasons, ronnie 2003 was "jaw dropping" in the way people think "why the hell would somebody want to look like that", but hey i'll give him credit for having the best version of palumboism i ever saw

i didn't realize it then but now i know that was the end if that's what people in this sport wanted

E

It is what they want which is why it isn't the end of the sport. When people are given what they don't want is when it ends.

Bodybuilding is about freaks which is why if Ramy ever hits his conditioning he will be the next O. 

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2016, 04:42:29 PM »
Kevin had one of the top all time physiques, esp tri's and delts

but his back was a weakness- it lacked thickness especially.

and his legs after 98 were weak