Author Topic: Things that annoy me  (Read 7541 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Things that annoy me
« on: January 27, 2016, 07:02:59 AM »
-vegans who yammer on about sustainability in eating vegan vs meat yet who eat vegetation in the same percentage bodyweight equivalent wise to the same cows they bitch use up the planet resources. Example ever seen what Vegan gains eats in fruits and veggies(esp apples and bananas daily)

-People who think they are food snobs, affectionately known as "foodies" who wax poetic about where to get the best $20 mac and cheese in town. Enough already

-People who get pissed off because some schmuck decides to run for public office, yet go on about change but vote for the same people who have in politics and living at the trough in some form or another for 20 plus years.

-People who argue politics by insulting each other over their leanings when in reality the politicians laugh at you together behind close doors because they have succeeded in distracting you in the sese that nothing ever actually gets done unless its part of an actual aganda to change you, not the system

-people who worry about gimmicks online when in reality 99.9% of most internet boards memberships are not even under a real name anyways

-the thought that settling any argument, I mean any argument, including Mcdonalds threads comes down to "well lets see your physique"

-grammar and spelling police....go teach a class or something, nobody cares. as a mature student in college I have an english prof who gets paid nicely to correct my work, you dont

-people who bring up the weather as a convo piece, don't fucking care, I can see outside and can be outside to know what kind of day it is without you constantly bringing it up

-people who go on steroids or other ped's who don't even know the average calorie of an egg

-old geezers who talk about anon trolls on the net only because they did not get the virtual blowjob they expected by blessing us with their presence on getbig. anonymity is for a variety of reasons not just so you old geezers can whine about it everytime someone disagrees with you.

-people with blue stars where there is no mention of what they actually competed in ie bodybuilding, powerlifting etc etc. some we know of because they talk about it, even within the confines of keeping their identity to themselves and only admin knowing, BUT there are some that have gotten blue stars and/or expert tags and no reason is given

-people who think their chosen activity whether crossfit, bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman etc is less nutty than the other at the competitive level. I admire anyones efforts in competing in anything but you are delusional if you think any of the above in the extreme is less fucked up than another endeavour

-challenging others to fight, either an online or literal fight, then hitting the report to mod button when it backfires on you

"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Things that annoy me
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:07:40 AM »
What has annoyed me lately are the "wine" people. Not people who genuinely love the taste of wine. But all the young professionals (usually in their 20's. maybe early 30's) who go home and drink wine. Its like they are first discovering wine, and now have to post it all over social media how they are drinking a glass of wine after a hard day at work.  ::) ::) Okay, we get it, youre old enough to drink wine, and want to feel posh and ritzy by drinking wine. Great, wonderful. Personally, I think 99.9% of wine taste like garbage.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »
You can't comment on the grammar and spelling police with such an atrocious post.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:32 AM »
What has annoyed me lately are the "wine" people. Not people who genuinely love the taste of wine. But all the young professionals (usually in their 20's. maybe early 30's) who go home and drink wine. Its like they are first discovering wine, and now have to post it all over social media how they are drinking a glass of wine after a hard day at work.  ::) ::) Okay, we get it, youre old enough to drink wine, and want to feel posh and ritzy by drinking wine. Great, wonderful. Personally, I think 99.9% of wine taste like garbage.

Haha, last night we had a big work dinner and a bunch of dudes who I assume are straight since they're married and have kids go and order Chardonnay.  I just gave them a Son, I am disappoint stare.  Seriously.  If I ever asked for a chardonnay the next sentence out of my mouth would be asking for a knife so I can cut off my balls.

I agree about the foodies culture.  Bunch of dumb fucks.  Chefs are fucking with them giving them horse anus stuffed with cow anus with a sheep anus sauce and to not blow their cover as a "foodie" they go on and comment at how "earthy" and rich tasting it is even though it literally tastes like ass.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
You can't comment on the grammar and spelling police with such an atrocious post.
:D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:29:31 AM »

Incorrect apostrophe use is an epidemic and needs to be stopped.  It's actually permeating into legit business using it in their signage.  I will correct it every time I notice it.
Y

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:30:31 AM »
I'm annoyed by "Things that annoy me"-threads.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 07:30:35 AM »
Haha, last night we had a big work dinner and a bunch of dudes who I assume are straight since they're married and have kids go and order Chardonnay.  I just gave them a Son, I am disappoint stare.  Seriously.  If I ever asked for a chardonnay the next sentence out of my mouth would be asking for a knife so I can cut off my balls.

Well put.

If poured white wine, it will be something I shoot down while waiting for my next bourbon or beer.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 07:31:17 AM »
Incorrect apostrophe use is an epidemic and needs to be stopped.  It's actually permeating into legit business using it in their signage.  I will correct it every time I notice it.

There is a strip club that has a sign that says Gentlemens's club.  I laugh every time I see it.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:40 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:46 AM »

I agree about the foodies culture.  Bunch of dumb fucks.  Chefs are fucking with them giving them horse anus stuffed with cow anus with a sheep anus sauce and to not blow their cover as a "foodie" they go on and comment at how "earthy" and rich tasting it is even though it literally tastes like ass.

Exactly. I bet that food taste like garbage, yet they will try to examine the different flavors and spices of it.  ::) ::) Give me a break.

As for the wine, yeah, its lame. At least get a beer or something. When I went to school in Manhattan, I'd pass by a lot of bars at about 6:00-8:00pm. I'd see these business people drinking wine and scotch, and acting all ritzy.  I never had the desire to go out after work and get a "drink" with the crew.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:15 AM »
Exactly. I bet that food taste like garbage, yet they will try to examine the different flavors and spices of it.  ::) ::) Give me a break.

As for the wine, yeah, its lame. At least get a beer or something. When I went to school in Manhattan, I'd pass by a lot of bars at about 6:00-8:00pm. I'd see these business people drinking wine and scotch, and acting all ritzy.  I never had the desire to go out after work and get a "drink" with the crew.

Sorry, this is where I draw the line.  Never bad talk having scotch after work.  That is one of the best things to do in life.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:23 AM »

Would not be caught dead drinking chardonnay...only whites I drink are Italian ,I drinks reds mostly cab's from most areas alexander valley/napa,and of course Italian ..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:15 AM »
......liberals

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »
There is a strip club that has a sign that says Gentlemens's club.  I laugh every time I see it.

I own that place!
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:59 AM »
Would not be caught dead drinking chardonnay...only whites I drink are Italian ,I drinks reds mostly cab's from most areas alexander valley/napa,and of course Italian ..

Just asking for a Chardonnay is like asking the waiter if he could stuff his cock in your mouth. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 07:40:47 AM »
I own that place!

LOL!!!!

Saw painted sign at Tasty Burger:  "Employee's only" and at Sea World Water Park: "Cabana's can be rented".

Dumbasses.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 07:41:50 AM »

Oh c'mon, that about all I drink :-\

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 07:43:05 AM »
Sorry, this is where I draw the line.  Never bad talk having scotch after work.  That is one of the best things to do in life.

In the privacy of your home, its fine to have scotch. But its interesting to see a whole bunch of people after work drinking scotch. You get a certain vibe from that type of crowd. I've never had the desire to go out with coworkers after work and drink. If I am going to drink, its with close friends, not coworkers.

Ive said it before, I just really don't like the taste of alcohol. Beer, liquor, wine; I think it all taste like shit. I can't understand how people actually like the taste of alcohol. I'd go as far as to say that most people truly do not enjoy the taste of alcohol. They enjoy the social and environmental ambience, as well as the physiological effects, that come along with drinking alcohol. That is why you see people take 3 hours to drink a glass of scotch; not because they are "savoring" the taste, but because they are taking little sips because it taste like shit.

Just my 2 cents.
X

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »

it's umami not earthy

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 07:45:52 AM »
I can't understand how people actually like the taste of alcohol. I'd go as far as to say that most people truly do not enjoy the taste of alcohol. They enjoy the social and environmental ambience, as well as the physiological effects, that come along with drinking alcohol. That is why you see people take 3 hours to drink a glass of scotch; not because they are "savoring" the taste, but because they are taking little sips because it taste like shit.

Just my 2 cents.

Nah...taste can be acquired.

First sip I took of Jack on the rocks made me shudder.  Then as I got used to it, and moved on to better quality bourbons, you learn to appreciate the taste and the different subtleties around it.  Same with beer.

Now as for Scotch....your theory could be true....but I think it's more of the "hipster faggola pussy men trying to conform" then the product not being able to be appreciated.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »
Oh c'mon, that about all I drink :-\
joe i'll give you a pass,,only u.. :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:34 AM »
it's umami not earthy

That's even worse.  White people that claim they taste umami.  Makes me want to punch their faces.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »
joe i'll give you a pass,,only u.. :)

8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 07:53:39 AM »
Nah...taste can be acquired.

First sip I took of Jack on the rocks made me shudder.  Then as I got used to it, and moved on to better quality bourbons, you learn to appreciate the taste and the different subtleties around it.  Same with beer.

Now as for Scotch....your theory could be true....but I think it's more of the "hipster faggola pussy men trying to conform" then the product not being able to be appreciated.

Hmm, not too sure I agree with this. I think people like to pretend they can taste the different subtleties when it comes to alcohol because it makes them feel culturally enriched. I rarely drink these days, but when I used to drink some during my early 20's, I could never tell the small subtleties between beers. Obviously, one beer tasted drastically than another beer, but they all sort of tasted like piss.

I think for most people, its about the social and environmental ambience when it comes to drinking alcohol. Not because they truly appreciate the taste. But, then again, I dislike the taste of most alcohol, so I'm probably biased.
X