Author Topic: PREDICTING THE FUTURE OF THE NPC/IFBB.  (Read 1953 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
PREDICTING THE FUTURE OF THE NPC/IFBB.
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:43:28 AM »
THIS YEAR (2016) will be a major membership growth year for both the NPC and the IFBB.

With the current interest in NPC  Physique competitions and the start up of NPC Classic Physique, it's possible that the NPC membership may double in size this year.

And the IFBB membership should also experience a spurt in growth due to  the increasing number of IFBB Pro Cards that will be awarded at numerous pro-qualifiers sanctioned by the NPC.

In general, growth is great for all concerned, but growth also causes problems which must be resolved in order to maintain the continued growth of any well run organization.

The single problem that I can see at present is .... Will there be enough IFBB pro shows offering enough cash awards to keep all these new IFBB pros interested enough to renew their pro cards each year to keep the IFBB growing and continue to prosper?

And it should be interesting to see how many of the top contenders from the other sanctioning bodies sign up with the NPC in their efforts to obtain that coveted IFBB Pro Card.

More to follow ....

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: PREDICTING THE FUTURE OF THE NPC/IFBB.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »
They will grow in the physique and bikini divisions. The men's open May go the way of female open bodybuilding if things don't change.

If I'm being perfectly honest I don't think IFBB bikini should get very big cash awards and neither should men's physique. Who takes those divisions seriously? There are also way too many people in that division..

I think there should be more money for classic physique to encourage that look, women's physique for the same reason, and perhaps figure

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »
I wouldn't pay to watch a show where I weigh more than the contestants.. No one will watch these new divisions other than friends and family, which is why the money will remain shit

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »
This is gonna be it! ESPN will surely cover men's bikini.

Mark your TV guides!

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »
I wouldn't pay to watch a show where I weigh more than the contestants.. No one will watch these new divisions other than friends and family, which is why the money will remain shit

Pretty much this.

People aren't interested in bikini or physique. The men's open will always be the moneymaker but due to terrible judging, ugly physique, and boring people that's not doing well either.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 08:18:49 AM »

Agree.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »

no one's watching this shit now,

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:06:30 AM »
The grand prix shows usualy sell out or are close to being so..

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 11:36:51 AM »

This!

There are about 65 shows in Florida a year. I dont go to any. Way too fucking long

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
Even more reason for me to never go to a show. It benefits one person. The promoter. Fuck him/her.
?

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »
Even more reason for me to never go to a show. It benefits one person. The promoter. Fuck him/her.

Exactly! I went and saw a show in October of 2014. Heath was guest posing. It seemed like it would never fucking end. There were like 6 different bikini classes, masters bikini, novice bikini, MPD, masters and novice MPD....FML.....Then i see Heath and wonder why the fuck am i even training he was so fucking big

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
I haven't been to watch a bodybuilding contest in about 7 years now. Boring as fuck, no atmosphere, and it stank of being nothing more than a money-making venture for the governing body (UKBFF) with £20 entry (even if you were competing).

And that was before the days of men's physique, classic physique, etc.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 02:07:01 PM »
Exactly! I went and saw a show in October of 2014. Heath was guest posing. It seemed like it would never fucking end. There were like 6 different bikini classes, masters bikini, novice bikini, MPD, masters and novice MPD....FML.....Then i see Heath and wonder why the fuck am i even training he was so fucking big

I feel the same when I watch pumping iron then see myself in the mirror. The movie motivates yet depresses me.
?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
Wow, how ironic, I haven't been to a national or pro event in 7 years !

I was an NPC judge for many years,  but quit in 2011. Once MPD and bikini became the biggest divisions, I refused to judge contests. I wasn't mad or upset, but I refused to remain as an official part of  it at that point.
I'm an old school BODYBUILDER and that's my main passion. If they want to turn into a swimsuit pageant, have at it, but don't expect me to join in.

That alone should earn you eternal respect despite the lame threads at times, lol!
?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
The growth in diversity will def contribute to a growth in competitors, but I don't think it will become a major one. Instead, we will prob see a rise in competitors who compete in a different class, like Sadik Hadzovic for example.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 03:10:47 PM »
That alone should earn you eternal respect despite the lame threads at ALL times, lol!
fixed - for accuracy LOL

I always considered it an honor to judge shows and did my best to give each contestant a fair assessment.
Unless the promoter packed the house, I'd often refuse to take the judges stipend.
During the last years I judged, I was often the ONLY one who made a living completely outside of
the "fitness industry".

I know from experience, that nobody fixes a contest. BUT, the "group think" of such an insular group of people is inevitable. The sport is ruled by various unwritten, commonly accepted norms instead of official rules.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »
The only thing growing in bodybuilding is the turtle gut.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 06:43:44 AM »
The only thing growing in bodybuilding is the turtle gut.

I'd rather go see these turtle gut circus freaks than bermuda shorts wearing physique competitors posing on stage like homos

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 08:05:47 AM »
The whole scene is fucked.

Eighty divisions/classes, drugged-to-all-living-fuck competitors, widespread mental illness, corrupt politics, Piano, shot-to-hell judging ...

Stick a fork in it.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 08:45:50 AM »
I left the show at 9:30 pm and men's physique and bikini had yet to go on. I bet if they didn't put it last 75% of the audience would have gotten up and left

I'm of the opinion that everyone doesn't belong on stage

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 01:54:09 PM »
The shows are way too long.  Men's Physique and Bikini are different sports. They should have their own events.

Regional and national shows should have stricter entry requirements, such as won a class in the past year. Of course that means fewer entry fees, which is the only thing the promoters are interested in.