Author Topic: Terrorist packed a kangaroo with explosives in Australia  (Read 4558 times)

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
Terrorist packed a kangaroo with explosives in Australia
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:08:52 AM »
Australia terror accused discussed 'kangaroo bomb'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35425665

An Australian teenager allegedly discussed packing a kangaroo with explosives, painting it with an Islamic State symbol and setting it on police, a Melbourne court has heard.

Sevdet Ramadan Besim, 19, was committed to trial on Thursday after pleading not guilty to four terror charges.

He is accused of plotting to run down and behead a police officer in Melbourne on Anzac Day.

Mr Besim was one of five teens arrested in police raids in April last year.

Prosecutors alleged on Thursday that he was communicating with a teenager overseas about a planned attack.

"I'd love to take out some cops," Mr Besim allegedly wrote.

He faces charges relating to searching internet sites, engaging in communications and creating a memo with the intention of planning a terrorist attack.

A fifth charge of conspiring to do an act in preparation or planning a terror act, which carries a life sentence, was withdrawn.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp quoted a document presented by prosecutors that summarised the alleged conversation about the kangaroo bomb.

"The conversation continues with BESIM detailing what he did that day and they have a general discussion around animals and wildlife in Australia including a suggestion that a kangaroo could be packed with C4 explosive, painted with the IS symbol and set loose on police officers," the document reportedly said.

Anzac Day, held on 25 April each year, commemorates Australian and New Zealand personnel killed in conflicts.

Mr Besim allegedly conducted internet searches on Anzac Day in preparation for a terrorist attack.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
Re: Terrorist packed a kangaroo with explosives in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 02:02:58 AM »
Another violent right wing Christian. Sigh.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:58:14 AM »
Charged with googling?  The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has transcripts of his convo/chats... how?  This is disquieting.  Someone talking shit online does not constitute plotting.  A kangaroo bomb is obviously a joke.  Did he try to acquire explosives?  Do anything at all other than type words that a surveillance program seeking to justify it's own existence decided was grounds for prosecution? 

Whew.  With my search history it's a good thing I'm white.  [Conspiracy to make preparations to commit a lascivious act charge: withdrawn.]

If you want to argue about it, that's fine.  But do so carefully.  Unsanctioned opinions and unofficial thoughts will be prosecuted for the general welfare, party member.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:55:23 AM »
Haha, fuck them.

Nobody who jokes about painting islamic state symbols on anything is anything less than a dumb mother.fucker and as a preventative measure, should be taken away from society before that dumb guy actually gets convinced to do some retard shit (and it is coming if they are talking like that).

I'm glad they are watching.  I thank them for their vigilance.

It doesn't sound as if you actually read the article, either, by the way.  You react to one thing and ignore the dude talking about killing a cop.  A taboo subject, even in criminal circles.  

I reiterate - fuck them, put them away, deport them, send them back to the sand.  This country is paradise and people who believe a skygod that condones murder need to get the fuck out of here and go back to the third world that their skygod wants them to live in.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 04:58:37 AM »
sounds like Basile finally lost it!  :D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:35:11 AM »
sounds like Basile finally lost it!  :D

Maybe he had a pet kangaroo that refused to use his new bicep machine?
Thus, he lost it and threatened to blow it up. :o

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 05:45:02 AM »
Would love to see the pussy put the bomb in the kangaroo pouch

a

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
©

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 06:07:13 AM »
If LE thinks they have a high risk guy then surveil his ass.  Bust him doing something that allows crackpots like me no latitude to claim he was just a kid talking shit online who wasn't going to carry any of it out since he (far as the article I read said) made no movements to carry any of it out.  

Convincing evidence would also put a quick stop to any soapboxing about balancing an individual's right to privacy with ensuring public safety, and really drive home the necessity of universal surveillance and kangaroo courts.

Yes, you can't be too careful when it comes to Terrorism.

Of course, back in the day terrorism meant something.  High profile killing or hostage taking with a political agenda.  You had to go way above and beyond regular crime to be a terrorist.  It was crime that emerged from a phone booth wearing a cape.  These days, any kid can qualify without ever leaving his living room.  What kind of standards are these for young people?  You don't even have to get off your butt and do anything.  Just say something wrong.  Not even as wrong as a confession of a crime.  Or as bad as that you're planning some nefarious undertaking. 

Quoting from the article here below.  Not my words.  Don't reflect my feelings in the slightest.  This post is intended for amusement purposes only.  Void where prohibited.

"I'd love to take out some cops," Mr Besim allegedly wrote.

Well what if he didn't love to?  What if he just liked to?  What if he daydreamed about it on a rainy Sunday after watching Assault On Precinct 13?  What if he's an angry young man who had a run in with the police, was pissed off, and found someone willing to listen to him vent?  Instantly promoted to the rank of Terrorist, like he took an airplane to Cuba at gunpoint. 

This has got to be a put on.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 06:12:47 AM »
Fuck sake that looks Dangerous..

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 06:16:33 AM »
If you think that's badass picture 2 of those, holding one of these:

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:21 AM »
©

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 06:28:07 AM »
Wanted by The UnAustralian Activities Committee for deploying a kangaroo in a menacing fashion:

Bloody dings.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 06:35:16 AM »
Bit off topic but i always wonder how Some Americans can live in areas where you could wake up and a Bear or Alligator is in your swimming pool.. don´t think i would feel relaxed at night in my bed  :-\

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 06:35:21 AM »
... fuck them, put them away, deport them, send them back to the sand. This country is paradise and people who believe (in) a skygod that condones murder need to get the fuck out and go back to the third world (where) their skygod wants them to live.

This. All day and all night.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 06:43:48 AM »
50 on the bear.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »
Thread title is deceptive.

Kid's still a dumbass.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 07:39:29 AM »

[/quote]

Getbig annual reunion 2015 Vegas , outside  Ice machine 7 . I was there baby  ;D

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 05:28:41 PM »

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 12:20:07 AM »

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »
Australia terror accused discussed 'kangaroo bomb'

Islamophobia strikes again.  That Kangaroo was obviously a right wing anti-government loon.  He made the IED himself, stuffed it in his pouch and then went out to get some payback.

How dare you try to pin this on the poor, marginalized Islamists.  Islam is the religion of peace.  Shame on you.