Author Topic: Dante: man of the people or gossip provocateur?  (Read 3564 times)

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
Dante: man of the people or gossip provocateur?
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:06:58 AM »
What do you guys think? I think he is a good guy but every once in awhile he writes mega-posts in which he expresses his outrage about goons in "the industry" and shows that he has the inside scoop on the more outlandish, troublesome, and infamous people in it, and those who are trustworthy and, so called "good guys".

I think he means well, but can sometimes come across as if he has his own spin and capitalization on such matters. For example, "Trust me, I am the good guy."

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Dante: man of the people or gossip provocateur?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
Is this the golden faucet guy who entered the bacon dimension via half reps?  ;D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »
good guy. the uber perma bulker though. probably juiced non stop for 2 decades just to look like a stocky construction worker.

rinsed beef, carb cutoffs of peace.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:27:56 AM »
Very good guy. The Avant Labs forum was a great forum.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
According to him, he never took more than a 1000mg gear, which goes to show you the power of his pea protein isolate.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »
Helped me receive various injuries following his training system... Still a good bodybuilding writer, heart is in the right place too

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »
Argued with him a lot since he believes all natural claims made by lying bodybuilders, or at least says he does. But he can't be that stupid so it always left me confused. Still mostly a good guy who wrote a lot of good stuff.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 10:28:05 AM »
Helped me receive various injuries following his training system... Still a good bodybuilding writer, heart is in the right place too
Fucked my chest up years ago doing his "extreme stretching"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »
Argued with him a lot since he believes all natural claims made by lying bodybuilders, or at least says he does. But he can't be that stupid so it always left me confused. Still mostly a good guy who wrote a lot of good stuff.

My guess is he knows naturals buy up the most snake oil.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »
Snake oil salesmen calling themselves "good guys"...lmao

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 12:05:13 PM »
A good bloke for sure, never followed his program exactly but have taken a lot on board from his writings.
He even personally payed back money to a lot of guys who got scammed by someone he vouched for at one point, can't remember the details exact

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:09:05 AM »

He thought Ronnie was natural at an offseason weight of 260-something.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »

What do you think of Doggcrapp?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 11:22:53 AM »
I find he gets a lot of credit for simply putting new spins on things. I do this all the time, where's my medal?

He's nothing special.
?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 11:54:02 AM »
I find he gets a lot of credit for simply putting new spins on things. I do this all the time, where's my medal?

He's nothing special.

He says you can share his  ;)....

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:19 AM »
He says you can share....

Sharing is caring!
?

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 09:22:05 PM »
Dante is one of the good guys in the industry.. He helps more people ( many top guys) with free supplements and asks nothing In return.. Makes no mention of it.. Will always give advice and be helpful.. Dante used to take a bit of verbal bashing on this site years ago and he's one of the few that I will always stick up for evetytime time.. People always ask are there any good dudes in the game.. He's one..

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 10:55:06 PM »
Let's see some of his inside scoop?  ??? ???

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »
Dante is one of the good guys in the industry.. He helps more people ( many top guys) with free supplements and asks nothing In return.. Makes no mention of it.. Will always give advice and be helpful.. Dante used to take a bit of verbal bashing on this site years ago and he's one of the few that I will always stick up for evetytime time.. People always ask are there any good dudes in the game.. He's one..

I found it quite funny how he would speak of superior Hebrew genetics for growing muscle, and make a notable exception for goodrum, good times...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 08:16:41 AM »
An extreme liar.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 08:29:48 AM »
Just curious, but what makes him a "good guy"? Because he says he is?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »

If he never mentions his sponsoring of free supps, how does anyone know about it then???
?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »
Just curious, but what makes him a "good guy"? Because he says he is?

He shares a lot of good--or at least well-intended--information, and he encourages BBers to keep the doses low for the sake of health.  Better than most for sure

I was surprised to see how bad he looked though...yeah he dwarfs me but the guy looks like a construction worker, not a bodybuilder

If he never mentions his sponsoring of free supps, how does anyone know about it then???

People will chime in here and there saying "oh yeah I get a monthly care package from him", stuff like that

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »
He shares a lot of good--or at least well-intended--information, and he encourages BBers to keep the doses low for the sake of health.  Better than most for sure

I was surprised to see how bad he looked though...yeah he dwarfs me but the guy looks like a construction worker, not a bodybuilder

People will chime in here and there saying "oh yeah I get a monthly care package from him", stuff like that

And that makes it true? Hmmm, dunno man...
?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »
And that makes it true? Hmmm, dunno man...

Maybe it isnt, who knows for sure.  But it's not hard to imagine a supplement wholesaler sending supplements to some friends, wouldn't cost him more than a few bucks.  Seems more likely than any alternative explanation