Author Topic: Come to San Francisco, bring $20  (Read 2161 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Come to San Francisco, bring $20
« on: January 31, 2016, 09:03:52 AM »
OK kids, here's your chance. Don't say I didn't give you good advice.
a

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Come to San Francisco, bring $20
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:32:27 AM »
Brutal trying to decipher what Louie's mumbling into a mic for two hours.

Stupid fuck'll probably have his lame-duck booth set up in the lobby, hawking the same beyond-moldy paraphernalia.

Total and unrepentant goober.

DanzigBrah

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:51:43 AM »
Imagine if he forgot his hearing aides...he'd be yelling at everyone in the hallway TWENTY DOLLAR!

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:56:03 AM »
Who the fuck attends these "motivational" seminars? :-\

DanzigBrah

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »

Vince G got the VIP

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
Louie specifically requested no flash photography during his segment due to the impossibility of keeping track of who owes him $20. If anybody can think of something more motivating than listening to a lispy, tongue-tied deaf man speak, I'm all ears (no pun intended)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
only losers go to these seminars. People who want to become successful just bust their ass, network, read books and keep educating themselves

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:49:36 PM »

People who believe in networking, get rich quick, or bosses looking for something to give their employees a kick start to theyear.

I had to go to a few in an old job years ago. They were ok.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »
Brutal trying to decipher what Louie's mumbling into a mic for two hours.

Stupid fuck'll probably have his lame-duck booth set up in the lobby, hawking the same beyond-moldy paraphernalia.

Total and unrepentant goober.

This is a great post.  I lol'd.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 09:52:50 PM »
I've never been to one of these, but that cast is dreadful compared to the stars they've had before.

If it was convenient I would have gone to one of these before. They used to have true bigshots like Colin Powell, USA presidents, real business leaders and first-rate athletes (unfortunately no Kai Greene).

This group? I'll just watch Pumping Iron while I sit on my porcelain throne and attempt to shit for the afternoon.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
only losers go to these seminars. People who want to become successful just bust their ass, network, read books and keep educating themselves
im not so sure about that. And I know this is getbIG but nothing wrong with people trying to better themselves. I've always been a big fan of les brown. Besides Lou I have no idea who anyone else is in that line up. I bust my ass daily and do quite well and have always been self motivated. But I'm always open to hear other successful people's experiences.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »
im not so sure about that. And I know this is getbIG but nothing wrong with people trying to better themselves. I've always been a big fan of les brown. Besides Lou I have no idea who anyone else is in that line up. I bust my ass daily and do quite well and have always been self motivated. But I'm always open to hear other successful people's experiences.
The low hanging fruit  was the whole idea of the guy calling people losers for going to a self help seminar (put on by "successful" people in their field) yet expounding the virtues of educating himself.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 11:40:32 PM »
These seminars are nothing more than time share presentations. The attendees have already been "qualified" by virtue of dropping $20. Now it's up to the speakers to Upsell them on their $500 Gold package, $2500 VIP package and $5000 mentorship trainee package. Just another scam.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 01:08:21 AM »
These seminars are nothing more than time share presentations. The attendees have already been "qualified" by virtue of dropping $20. Now it's up to the speakers to Upsell them on their $500 Gold package, $2500 VIP package and $5000 mentorship trainee package. Just another scam.

I got dragged to one one these things once.  (The things we do for love.)  Sheer hucksterism.  So bad it was good.