Author Topic: if u pay 4 oil change they may not even be greasing your zerk fittings  (Read 714 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
and if some fool puts too much in he will blow out you ball joint boots causing premature failure

everyone should be aware of how many grease points are on there vehicle , why let your vehicle fail just be cause u didnt maintain a couple pumps of grease on 11 fittings more or less

alot of brand newer trucks cars dont have servicable grease points
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: if u pay 4 oil change they may not even be greasing your zerk fittings
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
so far stupid gbers have no clue how to do this manual labor or too weak from pointless weight training after 30 years of no gains  ::)
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »
73 nipples on a backhoe.  They call them grease nipples here.  I suggested grease vaginas since you inject stuff into them, not squirt stuff out of them but they told me it was too rude and they were sticking with nipples.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
so far stupid gbers have no clue how to do this manual labor or too weak from pointless weight training after 30 years of no gains  ::)

I know how, but prefer to pay someone to do it.  Makes no sense to 'do it yourself' when for less than $30 bucks you can be in & out in under 15 min.
:

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:10:30 PM »
73 nipples on a backhoe.  They call them grease nipples here.  I suggested grease vaginas since you inject stuff into them, not squirt stuff out of them but they told me it was too rude and they were sticking with nipples.

Sounds like a Case or JCB to me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »
Sounds like a Case or JCB to me.

Hidromek, baby!  It's Turkish so I'll have to convert to Islam if I ever need parts.  English Perkins diesel, JCB 4x4 powertrain, Italian hydraulics, idiot American operator.  

To grease it right - cleaning, greasing, and blowing off, takes about 80 minutes.  Got a central lube system waiting for me to install it but predict I'll still be left with 10 on the loader, 1 on the rear hitch, and 11 underneath.  Those are easy ones, at least.  There are several nasty knuckle bangers recessed deep on the digger (wagglewagglewagglewaggle BAM GAHHH!!! every FUCKIN time!) I'll be glad to quit dealing with.

Falcon - Loctite has a rubber tape, non-sticky except to itself, that is the absolute shit.  Ideal for wrapping around a split boot.  I reckon you could run with it forever.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:01:30 PM »
That's because everybody drives a Tesla. Electric motors mean no need for an oil change.