Author Topic: Hyperklemia  (Read 1055 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
Hyperklemia
« on: February 03, 2016, 02:43:59 AM »
I went to my blood test yesterday and got my results back now... everything is normal except my potassium levels... normal level i believe he said it was 3.5 mEq/L, but mine is now 5.3mEq/L and when i went to hospital in november 2014 it was up to 6.3mEq/L... pretty dangerous.... Does someone regonize this thing going higher because off AAS or after insulin usage ?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Hyperklemia
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:18:05 AM »
do you restrict sodium?
eat more salt... simple as that

i actually supp both potassium and sodium while on slin (i put 1g potassium and 1-2g salt into my intra shake) otherwise i cramp up all the time.
also put salt on anything and everything. athletes need a LOT of sodium, all that restrict-your-salt-intake talk is complete bullshit imo

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 04:23:42 AM »
Are you on any BP meds? ACE inhibitors can make you hold onto potassium. It can also be a sign of stressed kidneys, but if your creatinine, albumin and no protein in urine were all GTG, I doubt it's that. Mine has been high before as well. Drink a 1/4 tea spoon of baking soda twice a day, that did the trick for me. And cutting out the 6 vitamin waters and extra potassium I was taking daily.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 05:47:27 AM »
Are you on any BP meds? ACE inhibitors can make you hold onto potassium. It can also be a sign of stressed kidneys, but if your creatinine, albumin and no protein in urine were all GTG, I doubt it's that. Mine has been high before as well. Drink a 1/4 tea spoon of baking soda twice a day, that did the trick for me. And cutting out the 6 vitamin waters and extra potassium I was taking daily.

My english writing is pretty bad,,, but he talked also about my creatine(something) being high and kidney... i think your right... it has something to do with the kidney stress. And no i dont take any BP medicine... so you think that baking soda trick will help ?

do you restrict sodium?
eat more salt... simple as that

i actually supp both potassium and sodium while on slin (i put 1g potassium and 1-2g salt into my intra shake) otherwise i cramp up all the time.
also put salt on anything and everything. athletes need a LOT of sodium, all that restrict-your-salt-intake talk is complete bullshit imo

No sir, i dont restrict sodium or salt... never have done that.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:57:02 AM »
good advice up there, didnt know about the baking soda trick.

however DONT jump into the conclusion early that theres something wrong with your kidneys...

dont ever worry about creatinine levels if you lifted a day or two before the blood draw
EVERY lifter has elevated creatinine levels, its just a sign of muscle damage (from heavy training)
if creatinine is the only kidney number thats off then dont worry. is your GFR normal?

i had doctors tell me i was close to kidney failure a couple times even though i told them beforehand that i went to the gym day days before the bloods  ::) they often got no clue, they just go by normal people.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 06:48:55 AM »
good advice up there, didnt know about the baking soda trick.

however DONT jump into the conclusion early that theres something wrong with your kidneys...

dont ever worry about creatinine levels if you lifted a day or two before the blood draw
EVERY lifter has elevated creatinine levels, its just a sign of muscle damage (from heavy training)
if creatinine is the only kidney number thats off then dont worry. is your GFR normal?

i had doctors tell me i was close to kidney failure a couple times even though i told them beforehand that i went to the gym day days before the bloods  ::) they often got no clue, they just go by normal people.

Lol is that so ?? yeah he told me they show sign off overtraining or something like that..... Bitch please i killed my chest day before  :) Like i said im not so good at english,, not sure what Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) is in icelandic. He basicly told me everything was good except i have very musch red blood cells, to high creatine levels and potassium levels

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:00:07 AM »
Your GFR is computed using serum creatinine levels. So if you lift weights or have a lot of muscle mass, the test will be greatly skewed. Take 3 days off completely from the gym and retest. If you are taking a creatine supplement, this can also skew the creatinine reading. If your kidneys were an issue you would have a host of other items wrong on your blood test. Low albumin, high triglycerides, lowered hdl, high urea(BUN), etc. As crazy as it sounds, the best supplement for kidney health is milk thistle. Google Silymarin, which is milk thistle, it does work and has studies to prove it.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 09:38:32 AM »
Your GFR is computed using serum creatinine levels. So if you lift weights or have a lot of muscle mass, the test will be greatly skewed. Take 3 days off completely from the gym and retest. If you are taking a creatine supplement, this can also skew the creatinine reading. If your kidneys were an issue you would have a host of other items wrong on your blood test. Low albumin, high triglycerides, lowered hdl, high urea(BUN), etc. As crazy as it sounds, the best supplement for kidney health is milk thistle. Google Silymarin, which is milk thistle, it does work and has studies to prove it.

I understand.. yes i have those home(sillymarin). do they really help that much ?

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 09:57:47 AM »
I understand.. yes i have those home(sillymarin). do they really help that much ?

I've tested with protein in my urine before along with other kidney related issues. It helped more than the Dr prescribed meds I was on. That's not anecdotal either, showed on urine tests as well. Look at this link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3586829/  Go to page 49 and start reading.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 02:32:04 PM »
I've tested with protein in my urine before along with other kidney related issues. It helped more than the Dr prescribed meds I was on. That's not anecdotal either, showed on urine tests as well. Look at this link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3586829/  Go to page 49 and start reading.

awesome, thanks man. gonna throw it in with my orals on my next blast.