Author Topic: Darwin Award Nominee: Canadian Bobsledding Fail  (Read 1565 times)

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
Darwin Award Nominee: Canadian Bobsledding Fail
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Police say two young men died and six others were injured after using their personal sled/toboggan to go down a luge-bobsled track after hours at the Canada Olympic Park in Calgary.

Calgary police said Saturday that emergency crews received a call from an employee at the WinSport Canada facility in northwest Calgary at 1:30 a.m. after a report of several injured people on a closed track.

Insp. Kelly Campbell says that part way down the track the male teenagers hit a large gate that's used to separate the luge and bobsled tracks.

Police are investigating how they entered the property.

V Man

• Getbig IV
Re: Darwin Award Nominee: Canadian Bobsledding Fail
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 07:45:38 AM »
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Police say two young men died and six others were injured after using their personal sled/toboggan to go down a luge-bobsled track after hours at the Canada Olympic Park in Calgary.

Calgary police said Saturday that emergency crews received a call from an employee at the WinSport Canada facility in northwest Calgary at 1:30 a.m. after a report of several injured people on a closed track.

Insp. Kelly Campbell says that part way down the track the male teenagers hit a large gate that's used to separate the luge and bobsled tracks.

Police are investigating how they entered the property.

This is the stupidest thing ever..."Police are investigating how they entered the property". There were 3 of them that only had minor injuries....just fucking ask them how they got on the property...case closed!

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:03:53 AM »
This is the stupidest thing ever..."Police are investigating how they entered the property". There were 3 of them that only had minor injuries....just fucking ask them how they got on the property...case closed!
Snitches get stitches. Or funerals.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:41:10 AM »
Shit they must of been going fast they are having trouble identifying the dead bodies.  :o

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
Always walk the track. Drunk tobogganing 101.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »
An article I read stated they were straight A student.  Shows that academic achievement doesn't necessarily equate to intillegence.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 10:18:29 AM »
I guess the olympics now need to throw out a "don't do this at home" warning before each event as regular joe's now think they can emulate what took them a lifetime to master...
?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »
Ralph Klein, our best ever Mayor then Premier was asked how he planned to stop people from going into the woods, and diving off cliffs into two feet of water and paralyzing themselves.   on news, Ralph stated ' unfortunately, there is no way to legislate against stupidity!!!!'  i'd love to hear what he would have said about this if he was still around.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
Shit they must of been going fast they are having trouble identifying the dead bodies.  :o

Do you mean, they must HAVE (must've) been going fast?

School much?

HTH

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »
Ralph Klein, our best ever Mayor then Premier was asked how he planned to stop people from going into the woods, and diving off cliffs into two feet of water and paralyzing themselves.   on news, Ralph stated ' unfortunately, there is no way to legislate against stupidity!!!!'  i'd love to hear what he would have said about this if he was still around.

Politics and truth parted company several years ago. Bad break up, social media did not help.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 06:07:18 PM »
Do you mean, they must HAVE (must've) been going fast?

School much?

HTH

I'm a redneck but thanks for putting in the time and effort out of your day to correct my grammar..  typical of you.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 06:09:39 PM »
I'm a redneck but thanks for putting in the time and effort out of your day to correct my grammar..  typical of you.

Hey, no problem. Any time.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Darwin Award Nominee:
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »
Fifteen cars fell through ice at Lake Geneva's Winterfest

:

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Darwin Award Nominee:
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 06:32:15 PM »
Fifteen cars fell through ice at Lake Geneva's Winterfest

Just pop your rig into 4WD and you're good to go.