Author Topic: What is "anti American"?  (Read 1337 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
What is "anti American"?
« on: February 09, 2016, 11:01:11 AM »
Occasionally I see the tag "anti American" placed on a politician.

What does that exactly mean?

Plz don't give a lame ambiguous statement like "they hate America"

Be specific, thanks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What is "anti American"?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »
anytime there's a (D) next to their name.

HTH.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »
Anyone who is a 9/11 Troofer.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »
Anyone who is a 9/11 Troofer.

Coach Pete Carroll.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »
Coach Pete Carroll.   

If Coach Pete Carroll is a 9/11 Troofer, then yes he is anti-American.  But given how much you lie and embellish, I doubt he embraces that screwball anti-American conspiracy theory. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
How is a 9/11 CTer anti American exactly?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »

If you question the US govt official story on anything (except for UE rates, benghazi, or anything 2009-2016), you are anti-american.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 11:51:22 AM »

Believing the United States government conspired with foreign terrorists (who unquestionably hate Americans) to murder American civilians is anti-American. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
Believing the United States government conspired with foreign terrorists (who unquestionably hate Americans) to murder American civilians is anti-American. 

Believing the government did or lied about "X" doesn't mean you hate America.  it means you don't trust the government.   The terrorist yes, because they intend to do harm.  A Truther, no matter how crazy or stupid, hasn't demonstrated the intent to do harm,they instead want to reveal the truth they believe to be. 

A person might hate the government because they believe it's not what it was intended to be, but again that doesn't mean they hate America. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 12:12:50 PM »
Believing the government did or lied about "X" doesn't mean you hate America.  it means you don't trust the government.   The terrorist yes, because they intend to do harm.  A Truther, no matter how crazy or stupid, hasn't demonstrated the intent to do harm,they instead want to reveal the truth they believe to be.  

A person might hate the government because they believe it's not what it was intended to be, but again that doesn't mean they hate America.  

We have a difference of opinion.  I don't give anyone a pass who pushes a theory that involves the partnering of the government and civilians with the terrorist savages who plot (and actually carry out) the murder of innocents.  It's also insulting to the family members of victims who were murdered.  It's way beyond stupid.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 12:23:44 PM »
We have a difference of opinion.  I don't give anyone a pass who pushes a theory that involves the partnering of the government and civilians with the terrorist savages who plot (and actually carry out) the murder of innocents.  It's also insulting the family members of victims who were murdered.  It's way beyond stupid. 

I agree, but that doesn't mean they hate America.  It's just means they lack critical thinking skills and are easily manipulated by causation and correlation fallacies.  They yearn for a simple explanation to a complex tragedy that allow their feelings a type of closure.  It's easier to accept fantasy type explanation to an unexpected horrific event.  The truth is often too intense and simple for them to process.   

At the core for most of these 9/11 CTers is a deep patriotic sense of duty to expose the truth and free the country they love  from the lie that traps it. 

That's not hating America. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
I agree, but that doesn't mean they hate America.  It's just means they lack critical thinking skills and are easily manipulated by causation and correlation fallacies.  They yearn for a simple explanation to a complex tragedy that allow their feelings a type of closure.  It's easier to accept fantasy type explanation to an unexpected horrific event.  The truth is often too intense and simple for them to process.   

At the core for most of these 9/11 CTers is a deep patriotic sense of duty to expose the truth and free the country they love  from the lie that traps it. 

That's not hating America. 

I agree they lack critical thinking skills and are easily manipulated. 

I don't agree at all that they are acting out of some deep sense of patriotism.  And you don't have to "hate" America to be anti-American. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »
I agree they lack critical thinking skills and are easily manipulated. 

I don't agree at all that they are acting out of some deep sense of patriotism.  And you don't have to "hate" America to be anti-American. 

So then what defines "American"?

I think you have to take into account the intentions of the founding fathers combined with the evolution of our constitution, federal government,and political system. 

Then ask if these "entities or individuals" are against any of those core areas. 

Don't see Truthers doing that. 

Don't see US politicians doing that.  I am sure some can be pointed out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 12:42:18 PM »
So then what defines "American"?

I think you have to take into account the intentions of the founding fathers combined with the evolution of our constitution, federal government,and political system. 

Then ask if these "entities or individuals" are against any of those core areas. 

Don't see Truthers doing that. 

Don't see US politicians doing that.  I am sure some can be pointed out.

I'll define it in the negative, for the context of this discussion:  an anti-American is someone who does not support American values and/or partners or supports those with anti-American values.  9/11 Troofers fall squarely within that definition.   

The Constitution has not evolved.  Not sure our federal government and political system have either.  Devolved maybe.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 01:16:07 PM »
If Coach Pete Carroll is a 9/11 Troofer, then yes he is anti-American.  But given how much you lie and embellish, I doubt he embraces that screwball anti-American conspiracy theory.  

Your ignorance is excusable.  

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/397595/pete-carroll-isnt-shying-away-his-911-truther-reputation-andrew-johnson

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »

I read on getbig all the time that Obama is conspiring with ISIS to hurt america.

Trump said yesterday that Obama maybe doesn't want to defeat isis... "Maybe Obama doesn't want to defeat ISIS"
http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/trump-to-savage-maybe-obama-doesnt-want-to-defeat-isis/

Is Trump now considered anti-American?   Of course not, you only use that label when "the left" does it, not when someone who USED to be of the left says it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/397595/pete-carroll-isnt-shying-away-his-911-truther-reputation-andrew-johnson

Geeze Louise you are dumb.  What part of that story has Carroll embracing your anti-American screwball 9/11 conspiracy theory?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
I read on getbig all the time that Obama is conspiring with ISIS to hurt america.

Trump said yesterday that Obama maybe doesn't want to defeat isis... "Maybe Obama doesn't want to defeat ISIS"
http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/trump-to-savage-maybe-obama-doesnt-want-to-defeat-isis/

Is Trump now considered anti-American?   Of course not, you only use that label when "the left" does it, not when someone who USED to be of the left says it. 

Trump is not anti-American.  9/11 Troofers are anti-American.  Wear your stupid theory proudly.  Bunch of friggin screwballs. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »
Trump is not anti-American.  9/11 Troofers are anti-American.  Wear your stupid theory proudly.  Bunch of friggin screwballs. 

YOu are the one who said "Believing the United States government conspired with foreign terrorists (who unquestionably hate Americans) to murder American civilians is anti-America"

If a president sworn to stop ISIS (foreign terrorists) knowingly orders our military to conduct actions which purposely don't defeat isis, then by your own definition, he's unamerican.

Trump accused obama of it.  He accused a US president of not wanting to do his sworn duty.

Dos Equis, please answer this question (if you dare) - Is OBAMA anti-American?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
YOu are the one who said "Believing the United States government conspired with foreign terrorists (who unquestionably hate Americans) to murder American civilians is anti-America"

If a president sworn to stop ISIS (foreign terrorists) knowingly orders our military to conduct actions which purposely don't defeat isis, then by your own definition, he's unamerican.

Trump accused obama of it.  He accused a US president of not wanting to do his sworn duty.

Dos Equis, please answer this question (if you dare) - Is OBAMA anti-American?

Where is the quote from Pete Carroll embracing the U.S. government conspiring with foreign terrorists to attack us on 9/11? 

I don't take you seriously.  You know that.  You are a screwball. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
I'll define it in the negative, for the context of this discussion:  an anti-American is someone who does not support American values and/or partners or supports those with anti-American values.  9/11 Troofers fall squarely within that definition.   

don't see the connection that falls squarely on truthers.

How do truthers not support american values when they simply don't believe the main stream view of what happened on 9/11?

How does a truther partner or support terrorist organizations when all they are saying is they didn't do 9/11?

The Constitution has not evolved.  Not sure our federal government and political system have either.  Devolved maybe.   :-\

Yeah it has.  1 area is amendments.

I can see, depending upon your POV that it can be claimed it has devolved but we  should be able to agree that it isn't purely what it was when it was written.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »

looks like a good spin job and dis honest reporting.  I skimmed it, is there a direct quote of Pete Carroll saying he believes 9/11 was a conspiracy where the US government conducted a false flag op or what ever?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »
Whatever...anything that goes against the founding of this country....in a word the Constitution. CT's believing in them or not may be weird but not un American...believe whatever you want. If you want what un American looks like in contemporary  society..basically everything the current dem party stands for.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »
Whatever...anything that goes against the founding of this country....in a word the Constitution. CT's believing in them or not may be weird but not un American...believe whatever you want. If you want what un American looks like in contemporary  society..basically everything the current dem party stands for.

That's what i want shown exactly.  Or some real good examples.

Because i don't really see that.  I see a difference of opinion as to how to solve certain problems like unemployment, poverty, social unreast, etc.  Sometimes the repubs do the same stuff as the dems. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
Dems...higher taxes
Dems...strong central gov
Dems...social engineering (gays - military/gay marriage/women in infantry
Dems...activist judges into race/gender based legal decisions
Dems...anti states rights ie gay marriage
Dems...anti 2nd amendment IE Heller vs DC
Dems...anti religion and misinterpretation of "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Dems...affirmative action as opposed to individual merit

This is where the current party is
L