Author Topic: Personal trainer a dumb career choice?  (Read 25824 times)

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
Re: Personal trainer a dumb career choice?
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »
No offense here, but I think you're a little lost here or not keeping up with what the industry offers..

http://www.athletesperformance.com

Also, I'll be at Tempe facility at the end of March then a day later to UofA for their Pro-day. If you're out that way during that time. You're really underestimating the opportunities here.

If they have 250 employees in that particular space then they are obviously providing long-term careers. That bodes well for the industry.

But that's one firm. You're suggesting there are equivalents in every city. I'm moving to LA soon, tell me which PT business there has enough scope, scale and funding to furnish its young and ambitious trainers with room to grow whilst still remaining in the PT industry. 

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give an update. I took the plunge as a pt and began working at a big chain gym. Obviously I made shit money for a while there were a lot of long days with shit pay working 50 sessions a week but I busted my ass and became friendly with as many faces as possible. Once I left and went private that was the major turning point in my life.  I'm about to get a $60,000 car in the next month or so. I never thought I had the potential to be a good salesman but I truly found my niche. At one point my family had literally given up on me ever being successful haha. It's really not hard to make a lot of money as a pt, charge enough money and target the right clientele...i live in a rich old area so money isn't an issue for people.  ...Having a personal trainer is really a "status" thing for rich people. Lol. Thanks for everyone's advice here, it's truly appreciated. Your boy turned out ok!
l

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give an update. I took the plunge as a pt and began working at a big chain gym. Obviously I made shit money for a while there were a lot of long days with shit pay working 50 sessions a week but I busted my ass and became friendly with as many faces as possible. Once I left and went private that was the major turning point in my life.  I'm about to get a $60,000 car in the next month or so. I never thought I had the potential to be a good salesman but I truly found my niche. At one point my family had literally given up on me ever being successful haha. It's really not hard to make a lot of money as a pt, charge enough money and target the right clientele...i live in a rich old area so money isn't an issue for people.  ...Having a personal trainer is really a "status" thing for rich people. Lol. Thanks for everyone's advice here, it's truly appreciated. Your boy turned out ok!
are you the moron that lied about his age, begged for us to buy you a truck, then posted a video of you doing shoulder presses with your dumb hood on your face covering your eyes?
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2017, 06:51:58 PM »
I doubt you're a good salesman and I'm sure you did not find your niche
You're a scumbag
w

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2017, 02:18:19 AM »
are you the moron that lied about his age, begged for us to buy you a truck, then posted a video of you doing shoulder presses with your dumb hood on your face covering your eyes?

Your posts warm my heart. You crack me up.  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2017, 02:28:44 AM »
pic of car with an upside down cup on the bonnet.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »
Your posts warm my heart. You crack me up.  :D
hello friend
w

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »

Not anyone can buy a $60,000 car cash. Congrats.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2017, 08:17:45 PM »
flinstone, u can change your life at ANY time. i know alot of guys who dropped everything and went back to school in late 20s, early 30s, or were still just floating around life even in 30s. do what interests you. i was lucky and got into bizness shit early with just an undergrad. in some ways i regret the early jump into success, and wish i traveled, did the peace corp, joined the military, or went to college later in life instead of 18. if training and gym interests you, then Do it. i dont like my job as its not fulfilling at all. i make a good living, but no personal satisfaction. its a trade off. oh and about women....who cares. life is about making it what u want

solid

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
pic of car with an upside down cup on the bonnet.

like that term - bonnet !

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2017, 03:53:29 AM »
like that term - bonnet !

My favourite Britishism is 'cufflink time-johnny' for a watch.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2017, 04:16:53 AM »

Why Guvna', I think someone might be yankin' your chain cos I ain't never 'eard that one noes I ain't.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2017, 04:30:25 AM »

sweet fuck all is pretty cool too

Simple Simon

« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2017, 04:31:28 AM »
sweet fuck all is pretty cool too

I BET YOU GET THAT A LOT WHEN YOU ASK PEOPLE "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2017, 04:55:52 AM »
I BET YOU GET THAT A LOT WHEN YOU ASK PEOPLE "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

more like when I ask how much can ya bench?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2017, 06:36:04 AM »
lineman
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »
Why Guvna', I think someone might be yankin' your chain cos I ain't never 'eard that one noes I ain't.

Dinkum, Squire.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2017, 06:04:43 PM »

how many pussies owned by women that look like Macron's wife do you have to bang per week?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »

Congratulations on your success.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2017, 07:45:04 PM »

As long as you do it right you'll make a great living while changing people's lives. Don't just do it for the money and just don't be a "rep counter". Keep learning and keep growing.

I still don't understand why Goodrum didn't follow through with it. Not being sarcastic.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »
As long as you do it right you'll make a great living while changing people's lives. Don't just do it for the money and just don't be a "rep counter". Keep learning and keep growing.

I still don't understand why Goodrum didn't follow through with it. Not being sarcastic.
Not everyone gets into coaching to schmoe soapy studs, like you though buh... 
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Not everyone gets into coaching to schmoe soapy studs, like you though buh... 

You sound butt hurt. Would you like some play doh?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2017, 08:25:39 PM »

You sound butt hurt. Would you like some play doh?
Is that what you call yourold ass balls? Eww and no, bad schmoe coach! Youre a very bad schmoe!! >:(   :-X
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »
Eww and no, bad schmoe coach! Youre a very bad schmoe!! >:(   :-X

You sound like a chick. Shut up and grow a nut that way you'll at least have one. Man up, sissy.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2017, 11:05:13 PM »

It just wasn't in the stars in Sylva as there was not a hot enough market of people with disposable income and honestly, I wanted to get away from the place as quick as possible and get back.  Since I'm back in Greenville, I can still go out to Thornblade and do some in-home training for 150.00 an hour easy.  However, my present job keeps my very busy as well as my remaining ecommerce sites.  

Of course, if something ever happens, I'll definitely go back to training people.  The great thing about Greenville is that people have a lot of disposable income and a lot of obesity....the perfect storm for trainers.  That's why people like Trey Hodges, Charles Dixon, etc stay put.
A