Author Topic: DEADPOOL - The Movie  (Read 5508 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
DEADPOOL - The Movie
« on: February 12, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »
Family is in the movie business so I see a lot of movies and give them all some feedback of what I like and what I dislike.

And although all GetBiggers feel differently about the movies we either like or dislike, I thought I'd share some personal movie comments.

Today we saw DEADPOOL. I'll give it a 7 on a scale of 1-10. And I think that RYAN REYNOLDS did a great job in this one. In fact each of the principal actors were great.

I won't offer any spoilers but I will mention a couple things that I found interesting.

The opening credits are unique and something I've never seen before.

Instead of naming the credited individuals, such as the director's name .... the screen 'says' .... "Directed by some over paid guy' and then continues to name the principal players sometwhat similar to the following.

A snot nosed kid.
A very sexy good looking guy.
A beautiful broad.
The guy who did absolutely nothing.
ETC.
ETC.

If you go and see it, pay attention to the humorous closing  credits also

My only adverse comment is that DEADPOOL should have been about Deadpool only ... but they had to include some big, giant tinfoil dude, and a young lady who had exceptional abilities and saves the day at the end.

I seriously doubt that any GetBigger will dislike this movie. Some of the stuff Deadpool says while fighting the bad guys are similar to many things that are so often stated on this Board.

And look for the DJ in the strip club.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: DEADPOOL - The Movie
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
Thanks!  I look forward to seeing it.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
Thanks Brother, I'm Going to see It with My 14 y/o Tomorrow...(We're in Canada, It's 14A Here)... ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:16:35 PM »
i hear the fight scene is quite schmoe-worthy?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 12:09:06 AM »
Went expecting a regular waste of time, came out of it with a big smile on my face. 9/10 easily, what a well rounded action comedy, great camera work, great special fxs, nice jokes, great R.R role, did not want it to end at all, and that's very rare.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 04:14:11 AM »
Went expecting a regular waste of time, came out of it with a big smile on my face. 9/10 easily, what a well rounded action comedy, great camera work, great special fxs, nice jokes, great R.R role, did not want it to end at all, and that's very rare.

Will see if my boy wants to see it with me.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 05:41:50 AM »
me and the husband loved it
A

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 07:37:18 AM »
Getting great reviews so far.  Vindication for Reynolds' Green Lantern. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 08:03:08 AM »
The "one-liners" quoted in reviews as funny I found very standard humor for today's comedy's. Don't plan on seeing it. Could be wrong but turned me off.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 09:01:27 AM »
"

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 02:14:58 PM »
me and the husband loved it

Vince Goodrum ?

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 02:43:05 PM »
Liked the movie, the script was prolly written by a get bigger. :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
Good to see that most of you liked it.

Am I the only one who did not like The REVERENT too very much.

I know it will win the Oscar for best picture and possibly cinematography and maybe even best actor.

Great photography and that bear scene was phenominal but the whole damn 2.5 hours was too damn depressing and difficult that anyone could survive in his condition in that cold climate.

But it was supposedly based on a true story and it does show the spirit of survival way back then.

Next up .... Hail, Caesar!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »
Good to see that most of you liked it.

Am I the only one who did not like The REVERENT too very much.

I know it will win the Oscar for best picture and possibly cinematography and maybe even best actor.

Great photography and that bear scene was phenominal but the whole damn 2.5 hours was too damn depressing and difficult that anyone could survive in his condition in that cold climate.

But it was supposedly based on a true story and it does show the spirit of survival way back then.

Next up .... Hail, Caesar!

Is your final proclamation a comment on the upcoming film, "Risen"?  Regardless, I shall either see in the theater, purchase the Blu Ray or both of this film.  Same with "Deadpool".

This summer my friend that is in the voiceover business is supposed to move back to Southern California and while I am far removed from his world even when he is  here, it will be interesting to listen to him speak of work related events when he can.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:24 PM »
I'll each deadpool on my laptop in a week.  It might be on the level of Kick Ass which was a small unheralded movie but turned out to be surprisingly entertaining.  When they lean heavier on dialogue than cgi you can count me in as a fan.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
I'll each deadpool on my laptop in a week.  It might be on the level of Kick Ass which was a small unheralded movie but turned out to be surprisingly entertaining.  When they lean heavier on dialogue than cgi you can count me in as a fan.

I too, enjoyed "Kick Ass", the second one a bit less, but all the same entertaining.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 06:38:41 PM »
Just from the ads I felt like this movie had AIDS, how could you pay to watch this? I wouldn't accept it as a free torrent.

Blah blah blah?

Blah blah!

Blah blah?

LOOOOL!!!

That's the movie. Shit. Utter shit.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
seems like a good movie..

8.8 on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »
Good movie, and very true to the comics.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 07:35:12 PM »
Did Rich Piano die in the end?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 01:06:28 PM »
Finally saw it, well saw it 1/2 way because I couldn't take it any longer.  Is Ryan Reynolds speaking in a nasally voice real quick trying to mimick Jesse Eisenberg supposed to be good acting?  The dialogue sucks and is dumb.  I guess Deadpool comics are cheesy so it matches but I was bored.  The way he spoke bore me.  Just didn't like it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 02:34:56 PM »
Finally saw it, well saw it 1/2 way because I couldn't take it any longer.  Is Ryan Reynolds speaking in a nasally voice real quick trying to mimick Jesse Eisenberg supposed to be good acting?  The dialogue sucks and is dumb.  I guess Deadpool comics are cheesy so it matches but I was bored.  The way he spoke bore me.  Just didn't like it.
Deadpool is about a snarky, potty mouth mercenary who has cancer and was given Wolverine's healing factor. He's like the annoying co-worker from hell that you can't stand, yet kills the guy trying to mug you after work. And that's about it.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
Idk how one can not like this one. Very dynamic, great camera work (outstanding actually), very cool CGIs, cool characters, pretty nice humor (not too cheesy), overall a fun time where you don't feel like after eating at McDonalds, but like after a exciting ride on a roller coaster.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 05:51:30 PM »

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 06:09:31 PM »
so beta
A