Author Topic: GOP Debate Audience Stacked With Donors  (Read 4907 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
GOP Debate Audience Stacked With Donors
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »
No surprise here.

Expect boring, low energy, 17th place ¡Jeb! Bush to be applauded like a rock star meanwhile Trump who is polling at 42% and blowing away the field will be booed at every opportunity.  ::) ::)

CORRUPT AS FUCK!!!!
GOP DEBATE AUDIENCE STACKED WITH DONORS

Thousands of people are trying to go to the GOP presidential debate at the Peace Center in Greenville.

It would take a venue that is 11 times the size of the Peace Center to hold everyone who tried to get a ticket through the lottery system.

GOP leaders said the Peace Center wasn't large enough, so the South Carolina Republican Party decided not to go with a lottery system.

"If we had not had it at the Peace Center we probably would have had more people come, but the Peace Center is the venue that CBS chose,” said Chad Groover, chairman of the Greenville County Republican party.

Groover said supporters who work hard for the party will be rewarded tickets.

People selected will fill the 1,900 seats that have been made available for the event, according to Groover.

Groover said the Republican National Committee gives a lot of tickets to supporters. He said more are then allocated for the state party to distribute among the county chairs.

"I didn't have hundreds of tickets. I had a couple of dozen tickets,” said Groover.

Groover said he gave tickets to supporters, including elected officials, who work hard for the party.

"You'll have a good mix of people who are donors, people who are donors and workers, and people who are just workers,” said Groover.

Groover is encouraging everyone to come out and volunteer for the party they support.

"I think not for the motive of getting debate tickets but for the motive of producing a better society I think getting involved in the political process makes sense,” said Groover.

Groover said some tickets might become available if people cancel but he said there is no guarantee.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: GOP Debate Audience Stacked With Donors
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:43:23 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 01:07:52 PM »
This is just so crazy as to be almost unbelievable.  How could we have gotten so off track, that these demons freely manipulate and no one seems to notice/care?  Just how far out of whack have we become? 

If anyone wants evidence that our elections have become a bought product, just look at what's happening with these debates.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 01:15:43 PM »
I thought Republicans like money and wealthy donors.  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 01:18:19 PM »
I thought Republicans like money and wealthy donors like Hillary Clinton :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
i'm beginning to develop a theory that says the neo-cons have infiltrated the democratic party, and i am not at all joking.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »
I've got a donation for them.
A sperm donations. Open up your mouths bitches so I can give you my deposit....
?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »
John McCain was the last Republican nominated worth a shit.

The only Republicans to ever have been worth a shit are Barry Goldwater, one of the best members in Government for any party, Dwight Eisenhower (again one of the best), and Ron Paul.

Other than that, the rest are better forgotten.  Trump certainly is no Barry Goldwater or Ron Paul.

Will there ever be a Barry Goldwater, genuine Conservative Republican?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »
actually it IS fair.

IMHO, it's pretty badass to attend a debate.  And yes, the people who work in politics for a living should get first chance at the tickets for something they're a part of, over some random person who just wants to show up to cheer or jeer.  It's a limited seat thing and it's an honor.  If a person spends their life working for the party, why not give them a seat over someone who just shows up?

of course, this info should be PUBLIC too.  Or just mute the audience, or order them to STFU.  Cheer at the start, and the finish.  If you clap during, you're removed.  Problem solved.  They want a pep rally but get upset when the cheers don't go their way?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »
actually it IS fair.

IMHO, it's pretty badass to attend a debate.  And yes, the people who work in politics for a living should get first chance at the tickets for something they're a part of, over some random person who just wants to show up to cheer or jeer.  It's a limited seat thing and it's an honor.  If a person spends their life working for the party, why not give them a seat over someone who just shows up?

of course, this info should be PUBLIC too.  Or just mute the audience, or order them to STFU.  Cheer at the start, and the finish.  If you clap during, you're removed.  Problem solved.  They want a pep rally but get upset when the cheers don't go their way?

The main threat IMO is audience reaction, yes.  It's the same thing on these bullshit shows (used in infomercials, too), where they portray people "reacting" to the points the producer wants to have that done to.

It should be perfectly elementary as to why it's dishonest and wrong to pull that shit with something so important as our elections, but these things ARE happening and they will only get worse unless it is stopped and kept stopped.  We are living in a Billionaire's fantasyland right now, and they are actually so removed from reality that they'd hoped no one would notice the audience rigging going on.  They think we're that stupid, I suppose.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »
i'd guess most people watching already kinda know who they want.  if jeb is a douche (and he is), no amount of cheering will change that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »
i'd guess most people watching already kinda know who they want.  if jeb is a douche (and he is), no amount of cheering will change that.

I'd love to believe that, 240.  You have more faith than I do.  I think in this current field of liars, people don't know what the fuck they want.  On some level, they know it's all pointless to some degree.  We have Obama to thank for that, as so many people practically invested their souls in him, only to find out he is an ass-swishing neo-con.  The people who believed in W were also let down, to say the least.  So many are still desperately looking for something to believe in.

If they detect excitement and enthusiasm in others, they will be more likely swayed in the same direction.  That's why it's become such a well-used trick.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 04:25:18 PM »
actually it IS fair.

IMHO, it's pretty badass to attend a debate.  And yes, the people who work in politics for a living should get first chance at the tickets for something they're a part of, over some random person who just wants to show up to cheer or jeer.  It's a limited seat thing and it's an honor.  If a person spends their life working for the party, why not give them a seat over someone who just shows up?

of course, this info should be PUBLIC too.  Or just mute the audience, or order them to STFU.  Cheer at the start, and the finish.  If you clap during, you're removed.  Problem solved.  They want a pep rally but get upset when the cheers don't go their way?

It reflects poorly on the RNC. Makes them look slimy and under handed.

Save these dog and pony shows in the form of a special event or 2 where it is specifically stated that this will be for the donors or other notable groups.

A far better representation would an audience that more represents the electorate in the state where the debate is being held. That could easily be accomplished and should be the norm for the majority of these events.

Trump and Cruz should be the rock stars at these events, not Kasich and Bush.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »
Democrats stacked it against Bernie, too.  I'm telling you now: the controlling influences are one and the same.  It's them against the rest of us.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »
Democrats stacked it against Bernie, too.  I'm telling you now: the controlling influences are one and the same.  It's them against the rest of us.

The great thing about Trump is that if it does get out of hand tonight he will have no problem calling them out.  8)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
The great thing about Trump is that if it does get out of hand tonight he will have no problem calling them out.  8)

I patiently await the run-up to the General.  Trump's intentions will be forced out at that point.

If he has plans to make things genuinely better for Americans, then he has good reason to keep his cards close for as long as he can get away with it.  That used to piss me off about him, but I do recognize it could be part of a strategy, too.

I have no doubt he knows exactly what to do to remove the special-interest problems.  If his intentions are good, then he could be one of the best, most memorable presidents we'll ever have.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »
Trump is financing his own shit, too.  That's something amazing, right there.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »
God Damn, Trump is on fire over Iraq and 9-11

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
God Damn, Trump is on fire over Iraq and 9-11

I like Trump.  I've made up my mind that he knows what he's doing, and that he'd like to be a good president.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 06:46:40 PM »
He's learning from Bernie, I think.  He's discovering that if you talk about the things people know are being hidden by the media, they will respond.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »
Greatest thing ever would be Trump against Sanders, with everyone else permanently shut out and shut up at that point.  Rubio is such a POS, he is absolutely ridiculous.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 07:17:39 PM »
Greatest thing ever would be Trump against Sanders, with everyone else permanently shut out and shut up at that point.  Rubio is such a POS, he is absolutely ridiculous.

The audience applauding like maniacs after he essentially says he is for amnesty...yeah that really represents the Republican base.  ::) ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:21:03 PM »
The audience applauding like maniacs after he essentially says he is for amnesty...yeah that really represents the Republican base.  ::) ::)
Is this really the best of the Republican party?

What the hell happened to Barry Goldwater types?  This is ridiculous.