Author Topic: Why Don't IFBB Pro's Look Absolutely Shredded anymore?  (Read 3036 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
Why Don't IFBB Pro's Look Absolutely Shredded anymore?
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »
Like you literally never see IFBB pro's step on stage with cross striations in their delts, rarely any feathering in their quads, etc. Like they are low bodyfat, but they just look puffy, yet veiny at the same time. No separation, no striations, just mass, blocky abs and shredded glutes. You rarely see someone with a full defined 6 pack, it's always very watery looking and bloated with not much detail. Like you just don't see abs like this anymore.

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
Re: Why Don't IFBB Pro's Look Absolutely Shredded anymore?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:33:25 PM »
Mentzer, Munzer, Demayo, Dillet, Prince, all either died or end up in ICU from crazy Diuretic and Orals.  Thats a BIG price to pay to look that dry.  Name me a Bloated bodybuilder of today that is or was on his death bed, none.  HGH and insulin (if you carb up) will not fry your insides or effect liver.  They are not willing to die for us bitches, anymore
I

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »
insulin resistance
less diuretics
synthol (barely anyone got striations in delts nowadays and thats the reason)

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:28:13 AM »
I do miss the good ole HIGH Winny, Clen, T3, ECA, Lasix, DNP Days of the 80's and 90's
I

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 03:06:43 AM »
I think it's harder to get leaner the larger you are also
Or at least worse for you

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
I want to see what this new classic physque division brings out. It's supposed to go all the way to the olympia stage. I expect to see the guys who aren't quite big enough to diet down and get peeled/shredded to fit in the class. They may not b as big but need to be freaky lean as you say above

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
I want to see what this new classic physque division brings out. It's supposed to go all the way to the olympia stage. I expect to see the guys who aren't quite big enough to diet down and get peeled/shredded to fit in the class. They may not b as big but need to be freaky lean as you say above

Yup, awaiting this as well. I've losing interest more and more.
Victor Martinez at his best was the modern day pinnacle of what MR O should look like. Man he got screwed hard on 07.
?

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »
insulin resistance
less diuretics
synthol (barely anyone got striations in delts nowadays and thats the reason)

Cedric McMillan missed the Olympia due to diuretic abuse and rumor is ramy had to shrink down due to damage from diuretic overuse.

I think it's the slin/synthol and that they just dont diet as hard anymore really.

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »
no one willing to die for us anymore  :'(

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 12:08:27 AM »

Cedric McMillan missed the Olympia due to diuretic abuse and rumor is ramy had to shrink down due to damage from diuretic overuse.

I think it's the slin/synthol and that they just dont diet as hard anymore really.
yeah but how many pros have you seen collapsing on stage, backstage or right after a show?
happened on the regular in the 90s... nowadays, nah - just rumors.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:00:53 AM »
IF you want to see conditioning look at the 'world games'or asia championships competitors they are'peeled'and natural   ;) by there rules book...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »
Like you literally never see IFBB pro's step on stage with cross striations in their delts, rarely any feathering in their quads, etc. Like they are low bodyfat, but they just look puffy, yet veiny at the same time. No separation, no striations, just mass, blocky abs and shredded glutes. You rarely see someone with a full defined 6 pack, it's always very watery looking and bloated with not much detail. Like you just don't see abs like this anymore.

3 culprits

1. slin
2.training differently
3. different diuretics are used today

striations are made from training very heavy not volume training and since following slin protocols.... bodybuilders train to engulf muscle with blood hence when shredded less striations are visible. Also slin cause visceral fat within the muscle.

That covers 1 and 2.

3 is simple lasix are no longer popular in the bodybuilding community