Author Topic: big time panic attack after my TRT shot  (Read 882 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
big time panic attack after my TRT shot
« on: February 18, 2016, 09:35:20 PM »
i have been on TRT for almost three months. age 59. never had a  panic attack in my life. in the last month, i have had a few small ones, no big deal. yesterday, after the wife gave me my shot (100 Mg's a week) before bed,
i woke up with a huge panic attack!!!! really fucked me up. never felt like that in my life. it was really bad. finally got over it after three hours, call my doctor to write me a script for something to calm me down.

i don't see my hormone doctor until April, that's when i do my blood work to check all levels. is that too long to wait to see him??? could some of my levels be out of wack? he wanted to wait until April
to recheck everything, so I'm only on the weekly shot of cypianate. 

any info would be appreciated. if i have another attack like today, fuck it, not worth feeling like shit.

falco

• Getbig V
Re: big time panic attack after my TRT shot
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:19:44 AM »
That is a side effect of the shot itself, not testosterone. I believe it is caused by a alergic reaction to the oil itself.
Maybe some went into the bloodstream too fast and caused it. I would say to don't be alarmed by it, but since you are 59, i would advise to check if it was indeed a panic attack or something heart related.

Keep strong.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
Re: big time panic attack after my TRT shot
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
I get panic attacks all the time and am perscribed valium for them. I would recommend getting a blood test to see where your estradiol and testosterone are at. If my estrogen gets to high I start to get moody and it can lead to more panic attacks for me. Best thing to do during a panic attack is to relax and realize your going to be fine just keep reassuring yourself that its all in your head. Lol I use to drink if I had a severe panic attack I don't recommend that. I would talk to your doctor about the panic attack and ask for something you can use occasionally like valium or some sort of benzo if you keep getting them. It's best to use benzos as a last resort after trying meditation techniques and things like that because benzos turn into to a everday thing very fast. I take 5mgs of valium every morning and 5mgs-10mgs at night if I have a panic attack the medication looses its effectiveness quickly.