Author Topic: 2016 BMW M2 On Track and Review  (Read 2765 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
2016 BMW M2 On Track and Review
« on: February 22, 2016, 08:15:15 AM »
Just track work highlights

Review
[/youtube]

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: 2016 BMW M2 On Track and Review
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 08:49:54 AM »
NICE...BMW DOSEN'T LET UP..FULL THROTTLE IN THERE MODELS THEY CREATE...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »
NICE...BMW DOSEN'T LET UP..FULL THROTTLE IN THERE MODELS THEY CREATE...
Yep. And here is the M2 MotoGP Safety Car

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »
Would get one, but they are very small inside.  Getting and M4 next month.  I like the way the M4 looks a little better anyway. M2 looks kind of chopped off in the back.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 12:15:54 PM »
Would get one, but they are very small inside.  Getting and M4 next month.  I like the way the M4 looks a little better anyway. M2 looks kind of chopped off in the back.
BMW's design have been off since the e46, e39, e38 days. The 4 series/M4 looks like an M6. It's almost a hatchback.

Thing is about the M2, is that it sounds better than the M4.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 12:21:08 PM »
I test drove a BMW last November.....it was the biggest disappointment of all the cars I tested. The inside reminded me of a Mazda 3. They get shittier and shittier. And that one looks cheap.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
I test drove a BMW last November.....it was the biggest disappointment of all the cars I tested. The inside reminded me of a Mazda 3. They get shittier and shittier. And that one looks cheap.
51k...if you can get your hands on one. Look at the review. BMWs are not really known for their interior design. Audi and Mercedes out do them on that. Their (BMW's) are more driver focused, staid, Teutonic, somber in design.
Which one did you test?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »
impressive sound....it's like a Beethoven's 5th on wheels......Pricing are not that bad....thought it was gonna be on the high 50ks........saw a fucking X5 M at a red light in Georgetown last weekend, it was complete insanity...black on black color, 21 inch wheels....I'm thinking $130,000 easy here.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 03:28:07 PM »

Test drove the M4 last weekend. It was a lot bigger than my E36 M3 and frankly the feel was a bit numb to the road, even in the sportiest mode. Then I went and tested a Audi RS-5 and it was even worse. I have high hopes for the M2 as a worthy successor to the E30/36 M3. Also, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find the 2016 M3/M4 in a six-speed manual in the US.

Anyway, I have yet to find a M2 to test drive, the fuck if I'm gonna buy something without driving it first.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 04:35:41 PM »
Current BMW steering feel is garbage

Caddy, Lexus all have better steering feel which is strange these days

Only thing good on BMW is their engine and transmissions whether it be the 8 speed autos or dct

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 05:04:42 PM »
Current BMW steering feel is garbage

Caddy, Lexus all have better steering feel which is strange these days

Only thing good on BMW is their engine and transmissions whether it be the 8 speed autos or dct
Caddy is what BMW used to be. Unfortunately, BMW snobs turn their noses down on Caddy, when they produce some great cars---the cars that same BMW snobs bemoan that BMW used to build.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
Caddy is what BMW used to be. Unfortunately, BMW snobs turn their noses down on Caddy, when they produce some great cars---the cars that same BMW snobs bemoan that BMW used to build.

I agree, caddy benchmarked the e46/e90 which BMW were at their prime, I just don't understand how BMW can't get the steering right while caddy, Lexus can do it which is strange

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 05:52:06 PM »
I agree, caddy benchmarked the e46/e90 which BMW were at their prime, I just don't understand how BMW can't get the steering right while caddy, Lexus can do it which is strange
Who knows. Maybe it's not a priority? They are willing to pimp out their image to make FWD 2 series Active Tourers and 2 Series Gran Tourers, and then a FWD 1/2 sedan coming to China. And an X2 coming. You see where this is going? They care more about profit than anything else. I get that they are a company and that they are in the business of making money not losing it, but they are losing their core identity due to greed.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 06:07:23 PM »
Who knows. Maybe it's not a priority? They are willing to pimp out their image to make FWD 2 series Active Tourers and 2 Series Gran Tourers, and then a FWD 1/2 sedan coming to China. And an X2 coming. You see where this is going? They care more about profit than anything else. I get that they are a company and that they are in the business of making money not losing it, but they are losing their core identity due to greed.

I know, at the end of the day it's about profit hence why Mercedes stopped chasing BMW and decided to go back to luxury even in amg level cause they know luxury sells and is the core identity of thier products, BMW was known for ultimate driving machines but it's really deceiving in its current form. Sad cause BMW's of yore were and are imo the best driving cars for the money and best represents luxury and sport perfectly blended

U are better off in a cheap Toyota gt86 supercharged for thrills these days

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »
I know, at the end of the day it's about profit hence why Mercedes stopped chasing BMW and decided to go back to luxury even in amg level cause they know luxury sells and is the core identity of thier products, BMW was known for ultimate driving machines but it's really deceiving in its current form. Sad cause BMW's of yore were and are imo the best driving cars for the money and best represents luxury and sport perfectly blended

U are better off in a cheap Toyota gt86 supercharged for thrills these days

True.
But...
2015 Honda Civic Type R or EP3 for me.
©